Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump / Ukraine Public Impeachment Hearings

Tiggs

The public impeachment hearings into the Trump / Ukraine affair begin today, at 10:00am Eastern.

We should hear testimony from William Taylor and George Kent.

Q: And when you say that, this was the first time I heard that the security assistance—not just the White House meeting—was conditioned on the investigation, when you talk about conditioned, did you mean that if they didn’t do this, the investigations, they weren’t going to get that, the meeting and the military assistance?
A: That was my clear understanding, security assistance money would not come until the President [of Ukraine] committed to pursue the investigation.

-- From Excerpts of William Taylor's Deposition (full transcript here).

Q: In your belief, in your understanding, in your experience, why was the Ambassador recalled?
A: Based on what I know, Yuriy Lutsenko, as prosecutor general, vowed revenge, and provided information to Rudy Giuliani in hopes that he would spread it and lead to her removal. I believe that was the rationale for Yuriy Lutsenko doing what he did. Separately, there are individuals that I mentioned before, including Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who started reaching out actively to undermine Ambassador Yovanovitch, starting in 2018 with a meeting with former Congressman Pete Sessions on May 9th, 2018, the same day he wrote a letter to Secretary Pompeo impugning Ambassador Yovanovitch’s loyalty and suggesting that she be removed.

-- From Excerpts of George Kent's deposition (full transcript here).

All links courtesy of justsecurity.org, who are keeping an up-to-date list of all public documents relating to the Ukraine inquiry, here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

The public impeachment hearings into the Trump / Ukraine affair begin today, at 10:00am Eastern.

Q: And when you say that, this was the first time I heard that the security assistance—not just the White House meeting—was conditioned on the investigation, when you talk about conditioned, did you mean that if they didn’t do this, the investigations, they weren’t going to get that, the meeting and the military assistance?
A: That was my clear understanding, security assistance money would not come until the President [of Ukraine] committed to pursue the investigation.

Q: In your belief, in your understanding, in your experience, why was the Ambassador recalled?
A: Based on what I know, Yuriy Lutsenko, as prosecutor general, vowed revenge, and provided information to Rudy Giuliani in hopes that he would spread it and lead to her removal. I believe that was the rationale for Yuriy Lutsenko doing what he did. Separately, there are individuals that I mentioned before, including Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who started reaching out actively to undermine Ambassador Yovanovitch, starting in 2018 with a meeting with former Congressman Pete Sessions on May 9th, 2018, the same day he wrote a letter to Secretary Pompeo impugning Ambassador Yovanovitch’s loyalty and suggesting that she be removed.

All links courtesy of justsecurity.org, who are keeping an up-to-date list of all public documents relating to the Ukraine inquiry, here.

Thanks for the information Tiggs. No opinion, no slagging off the opposition, just facts. Nice!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I’d rather hear the testimony of Bolton first up !

He's either saving himself for his book deal or he'll end up being the star witness.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He's either saving himself for his book deal or he'll end up being the star witness.

I can see that. He’s testimony will either sink or swim the impeachment. But the best part is all the new allegations that he’ll probably provide. That will most probably draw out the impeachment process and give the republicans in the senate more food for thought.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

I’d rather hear the testimony of Bolton first up !

Reese or Ramsey?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Reese or Ramsey?

Michael.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Here's a link to PBS for anyone who wants to watch:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-the-trump-impeachment-hearings-day-1

The link says it starts in 1h 40m.

Today (Friday), hearings will start at 9am Eastern, an hour earlier than the hearings on Wednesday.

We should hear testimony from Marie Yovanovitch, former ambassador to the Ukraine.

Q: When did you first become aware that Rudy Giuliani had an interest in or was communicating with anyone in Ukraine?
A: Probably around November, December timeframe of 2018.
Q: And describe those circumstances when you first learned about it.
A: Basically, it was people in the Ukrainian Government who said that Mr. Lutsenko, the former prosecutor general, was in communication with Mayor Giuliani, and that they had plans, and that they were going to, you know, do things, including to me

-- From Excerpts of Marie Yovanovitch's Deposition (full transcript here).

Both links courtesy of justsecurity.org.

Link for online viewing, here: 
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-the-trump-impeachment-hearings-day-2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"You're their star witness?"  :w00t:

• Haha 1

• Like 2

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-remarks-from-top-ukrainian-official-damages-democrats-impeachment-narrative

Top Ukrainian official denies ANY linkage between an investigation and aid.  The silliness just continues up on the Hill.  Fools playing games and thinking someone other than their sycophants are buying it.  

Edited by ExpandMyMind

There's a closed deposition scheduled this Saturday for Mark Sandy, from the Office of Management and Budget.

The next Public Session is due on Tuesday, where we'll hear testimony from four witnesses: Alexander Vindman, Jennifer Williams, Kurt Volker and Timothy Morrison

• Like 5

On 11/13/2019 at 3:40 AM, Tiggs said:

Good morning and Thank you for the links. I can see you are interested in this very important inquiry as am I and millions of others. The discussion is continuing here in the link below if you are still interested. Thanks again for the links and have a peaceful day.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/331799-open-impeachment-inquiry-hearing-starts-1113/#comments

21 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Good morning and Thank you for the links. I can see you are interested in this very important inquiry as am I and millions of others. The discussion is continuing here in the link below if you are still interested. Thanks again for the links and have a peaceful day.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/331799-open-impeachment-inquiry-hearing-starts-1113/#comments

I'm interested in watching the testimony. Not so interested in discussing the talking points between news cycles, but I'll probably hop in, once the testimony's all done.

Until then -- using this thread to announce details of the scheduled public hearings, for anyone else that's interested in watching.

• Like 3

Today (Tuesday), hearings start at 9am Eastern.

This morning, we should hear testimony from Alexander Vindman (National Security Council) and Jennifer Williams (Aide to VP Pence).

Q: All right. So you did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen. You used the word “demand,” it was not proper to demand. Where in the transcript do you believe that the President made a demand to investigate a U.S. citizen?
A: So, Congressman, the power disparity between the President of the United States and the President of Ukraine is vast, and, you know, in the President asking for something, it became—there was—in return for a White House meeting, because that’s what this was about. This was about getting a White House meeting. It was a demand for him to fulfill his—fulfill this particular prerequisite in order to get the meeting. 

-- From Excerpts of Alexander Vindman's Deposition (full transcript here).

Q: Can you explain why Vice President Pence did not attend, ended up not attending?
A: My understanding was on May 13th, at some time in the morning, I received a phone call from our chief of staff’s office from one of my colleagues saying that the Vice President would not be attending the inauguration.
Q: And who was that colleague?
A: I believe it was the chief of staff’s assistant.
Q: And why wasn’t Vice President Pence going to attend? Had he received further direction from somebody at the White House?
A: My understanding from my colleague—and, again, I wasn’t there for the conversation—was that the President asked the Vice President not to attend.

-- From Excerpts of Jennifer Williams Deposition (full transcript here).

This afternoon, we should hear testimony from Kurt Volker (former US special envoy to Ukraine) and Tim Morrison (National Security Council)

Q: What happened to that statement?
A: It died. I mean, no one—once we started seeing a tempo of engagement with Ukraine, we had first the sense that Rudy was not going to be convinced that it meant anything, and, therefore, convey a positive message to the President if it didn’t say Burisma and 2016. I agreed with the Ukrainians they shouldn’t do it, and in fact told them just drop it, wait till you have your own prosecutor general in place. Let’s work on substantive issues like this, security assistance and all. Let’s just do that. So we dropped it.

-- From Excerpts of Kurt Volker's Deposition (full transcript here).

Q: Okay. And what did you learn about that exchange? I guess Ambassador Sondland told you what he told Yermak?
A: He came—he essentially walked across a, you know, a—I don’t know how to describe the room. He walked across the space and he briefed me on what he said he had said to Mr. Yermak.
Q: Okay. What did he tell you?
A: He told me that in his—that what he communicated was that he believed the—what could help them move the aid was if the prosecutor general would to go the mike and announce that he was opening the Burisma investigation.

-- From Excerpts of Tim Morrison's Deposition (full transcript here).

All links courtesy of justsecurity.org, who also have links for transcripts and videos of the earlier hearings.

Link for online viewing, here: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-the-trump-impeachment-hearings-day-3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Today (Wednesday), hearings start at 9am Eastern.

This morning, we should hear testimony from Gordon Sondland, Ambassador to the European Union.

“You know, this whole thing was sort of a continuum, starting at the May 23rd meeting, ending up at the end of the line when the transcript of the call came out. And as I said to counsel, it started as talk to Rudy, then others talk to Rudy. Corruption was mentioned. Then, as time went on—and, again, I can’t nail down the dates—then let’s get the Ukrainians to give a statement about corruption. And then, no, corruption isn’t enough, we need to talk about the 2016 election and the Burisma investigations. And it was always described to me as ongoing investigations that had been stopped by the previous administration and they wanted them started up again. That’s how it was always described. And then finally at some point I made the Biden-Burisma connection, and then the transcript was released. So I can’t tell you on that continuum when, what dates, but that’s kind of what happened.”
-- From Excerpts of Gordon Sondland's Deposition (full transcript here, supplemental declaration here).

This afternoon we should hear from Laura Cooper (Defense) and David Hale (State).

A: But towards the end of August when [Volker] met with me for what, you know, I thought was going to be you know just a routine touch base on Ukraine, but also I thought it was going to be a strategizing session on how do we get this security assistance released knowing that we both—we both wanted the funding released. So in that meeting he did mention something to me that, you know, was the first about somehow an effort that he was engaged in to see if there was a statement that the government of Ukraine would make that would somehow disavow any interference in U.S. elections and would commit to the prosecution of any individuals involved in election interference. And that was about as specific as it got.
Q: Okay. Did he indicate to you that if that channel he was working was successful it might
lift this issue?
A: Yes. 

-- From Excerpts of Laura Cooper's Deposition (full transcript here).

Q: Now if you were a strong proponent of the statement and one was ultimately not issued, who made the decision not to issue the statement?
A: I don’t remember actually being told that. I must have been, but given my position in the State Department, it could only have been someone more senior to me. The Secretary most likely would have been the person.

--From Excerpts of David Hale's Testimony (full transcript here).

All links courtesy of justsecurity.org.

Link for online viewing, here. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-the-trump-impeachment-hearings-day-4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yesterday's closing statement:

• Like 2

Today, (Thursday) the last hearing of the week starts at 9am Eastern.

This morning, we should hear testimony from Fiona Hill, (former National Security Council) and David Holmes (State).

“I went back to talk to Ambassador Bolton. And Ambassador Bolton asked me to go over and report this to our NSC counsel, to John Eisenberg. And he told me, and this is a direct quote from Ambassador Bolton: You go and tell Eisenberg that I am not part of whatever drug deal Sondland and Mulvaney are cooking up on this, and you go and tell him what you’ve heard and what I’ve said. So I went over to talk to John Eisenberg about this. … I told him exactly, you know, what had transpired and that Ambassador Sondland had basically indicated that there was agreement with the chief of staff that they would have a White House meeting or, you know, a Presidential meeting if the Ukrainians started up these investigations again. And the main thing that I was personally concerned about, as I said to John, was that he did this in front of the Ukrainians.”
From Excerpts of Fiona Hill's Deposition (full transcript here).

While Ambassador Sondland’s phone was not on speaker phone, I could hear the President’s voice through the ear piece of the phone. The President’s voice was very loud and recognizable, and Ambassador Sondland held the phone away from his ear for a period of time, presumably because of the loud volume. I heard Ambassador Sondland greet the President and explain that he was calling from Kyiv. I heard President Trump then clarify that Ambassador Sondland was in Ukraine. Ambassador Sondland replied yes, he was in Ukraine, and went on to state that President Zelensky, quote, unquote, loves your ass. I then heard President Trump ask, quote, “So he’s going to do the investigation?” unquote. Ambassador Sondland replied that, “He’s going to do it,” adding that President Zelensky will quote, “Do anything you ask him to.”

From Excerpts of David Holmes Deposition (full transcript here).

All links courtesy of justsecurity.org.

Link for online viewing, here: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-the-trump-impeachment-hearings-day-5

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yesterday's closing statement:

Today's final statement:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Today's final statement:

Wow, that was powerful stuff. I really liked how upset he was with the gop tactic of smearing the messenger, and not the content. He definitely got his point across in terms even the stupidest could understand. His summary was bang on also. Thanks EMM.

• Like 2

And today appears to be the end of the scheduled public Impeachment hearings.

Congress is now in recess, until December 3rd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1