Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump / Ukraine Public Impeachment Hearings

Tiggs

11 minutes ago, and then said:

I guess time will tell ;)   I'm fine waiting for the outcome of the trial.  You should probably start building your repertoire of excuses now.  He'll be acquitted, of course.  That won't matter to the 40% who are frothing at the mouth with hate (recognize yourself?) but the Independents are slowly getting onboard the Trump train.  It's going to be pure HELL trying to run against a record breaking economy, troops beginning to come home, stock market setting records and generally strong positive attitudes about the future by everyone EXCEPT the frothers.

BTW, care to make a guess about what scandal or Constitutional crisis will hit the news next?  They have someone on deck warming up, I'm sure. At some point, even the frothers are going to lose steam.  Unless they decide to take it to the level of violence in the streets on a wide scale.  They won't surprise me if they do that next November.  That move will blow up in their faces though.

heh your believing what is coming out of Trumps bum mate.. you dont have a record breaking economy.. yes it is doing good.. but it has not reached the levels where you were at in the second quater of 2014..

yes the stock market is setting records.. but.. its not stable.. until Trump and china bury the hatchet.. it will remain unstable.. there are positive attitudes but not strong ones.. RE: the trade wars he likes to make.. 

Unemployment.. now if you look at the job market over the 10 years.. you will see it was in a stead decline.. it has continued to trend downwards since obama and onto trump (actually the stock market had the same statistical rise that went with the dropping rate of unemployment) 

wages were going up under obama.. and yes.. they have had a spike within the last few months with trumps policy.. 

is that trumps doing.. or is it a left over from Obama? I like to think it is both.. it was trending that way when Obama was in.. and I think Trumps bring back the businesses into the country has helped that along as well.. 

fears of a global recession have faded slightly.. but again.. until Trump and China's little spat is dealt with that will remain.. On that ground.. I think China is waiting to see what is going to happen with Trump and the Impeachment.. if he remains Pres I think you will find China will start to play hardball again.. the best way to make a country unstable is not going to war.. it is destablising their dollar.. and since the world pretty much weighs the price of its dollar against the green back.. and they have some doozy tricks up their sleeves that will screw over the US dollar.. sure it will do them over as well.. but since China is a communist country.. they will recover a lot faster then the US will.. Remember it was only 70 years ago that Mao rose to power and started their 'cultural revolution'  and the Party rules with a iron fist.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, and then said:

Where did you go to school?  Are you serious about not knowing that the Executive is a co-equal branch or are you just frustrated, Nancy?  I'm pretty confident that you are NOT representative of most armed services members.  In fact, my guess is you've got a lot of pent up anger and frustration about a lackluster career that saw you terminal as a relatively junior NCO.  That's how you come across, anyway.  The sad truth is that if such a conflict broke out there WOULD be many traitors under arms like yourself and the first battles would be between them and those who actually are willing to keep their oath to the Constitution and not their officers.  

And that's all the time I have for you today, Nance...

No the sad truth is that insurrectionists like yourself would be the first to run and hide. Being a key board warrior isn't impressive, but being a big mouth who has never amounted to anything short of wind rushing out of your butt cheeks and spotting your utter nonsense about insurrection has nothing to due with supporting the Constitution.

All petty threats that you make about you and millions of others will over through this country if things don't go your way is a joke, and nothing more than the ravings of a sad tired old lonely man. You bull**** about we will over through this or that is very humorous because you have no idea what our soldiers think. 

But I hear them talk and deal with them on almost a daily basis and they don't support your insrrurrectionist attitude. Oh and news flash they see Trump for what he is, if your mind was clear and you wore your glasses you could too. Let's hope that Trump never stops because you would lose head up his bum.

So hold you gun tight, because people like you should not have a Second Amendment right to own a weapon, your obviously mentally defective and that along with other nonsense you spot is enough in today's age to lose your weapons. Oh and I know you will say that they will have to fight for them, well that's  good because if it happens, you won't be around to see your imaginary Army lose.

Good Night Sweet Heart.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

_108964610_trump_impeachment_640-nc.png

At least with the Vice President in office, we can count on one thing even more support for Israel since he is a Christian Zionist. I can and will always support Israel, just not for the aspirations of causing the apocalypse.

Edited by Manwon Lender

4 hours ago, and then said:

Do you feel Schiff's decisions on refusing the R's the right to call witnesses and even to restrict which questions their own witnesses could answer was just and equitable?

Several of the witnesses the Republicans asked for weren't fact witnesses to the President's misconduct. Those are easy to dismiss as being inappropriate.

Of the remaining four -- three had already testified behind closed doors, and their testimony publicly released.

The fourth was the whistle blower, whose identity Schiff is trying to protect -- including restricting asking witnesses any questions designed to reveal the whistle blowers identity.

I support protecting the whistle blower's identity -- so I'm pretty okay with all of that, I guess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

Several of the witnesses the Republicans asked for weren't fact witnesses to the President's misconduct. Those are easy to dismiss as being inappropriate.

Of the remaining four -- three had already testified behind closed doors, and their testimony publicly released.

The fourth was the whistle blower, whose identity Schiff is trying to protect -- including restricting asking witnesses any questions designed to reveal the whistle blowers identity.

I support protecting the whistle blower's identity -- so I'm pretty okay with all of that, I guess.

Also, that's how Democratic (the concept, not the party) majority works. The outcome would have been no different had Schiff called a vote. 

For any who don't know, the majority leader on these committees can make these decision themselves after the Republicans changed the rules back in 2012, I think it was. You can't change the rules and then complain when the other side utilises the changes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trump said that his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, plans to prepare a report for the U.S. Justice Department and Congress about allegations of misconduct the former New York mayor says he uncovered during a recent trip to Ukraine.

Trump said Giuliani, a central figure in the impeachment investigation into whether Trump pressured Ukraine into a politically-motivated investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden, hadn’t briefed him on his findings.

But, the president said, “I hear he found plenty.”

“He’s going to make a report, I think to the attorney general and to Congress,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Saturday as he departed for a fund-raising trip to Florida. “He says he has a lot of good information. I have not spoken to him about that information yet.”

Giuliani has repeatedly made unsubstantiated claims about interactions between the Obama White House and Ukrainian officials. Multiple administration officials testified during the impeachment proceedings that they were worried Giuliani was pursuing politically motivated conspiracy theories and conducting a shadow foreign policy on behalf of Trump and at the expense of U.S. interests.

Still, Giuliani traveled to Ukraine with the conservative One America News Network in what he described as an effort “to bring before the American people” information he said House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff “covered up.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-giuliani-to-file-report-on-findings-from-ukraine/ar-BBXUQsC?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Edited by South Alabam

Today's hearing, where we should hear testimony from the House Intelligence Committee lawyers, on both sides of the aisle, takes place at 9am Eastern.

Link to watch online, here: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-the-trump-impeachment-hearings-judiciary-committee-day-2

Hmm.. just a thought.. but..... 

If President Trump was impeached and removed from office... is he allowed to stand again for the 2020 Presidential Elections ? 

I mean.. can you IMAGINE the expressions on the Progressives faces if he was re-elected after being removed from power ? They would go absolutely BANANAS. Their heads would probably explode. 

It would be worth it just for that :D

47 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. just a thought.. but..... 

If President Trump was impeached and removed from office... is he allowed to stand again for the 2020 Presidential Elections ? 

Believe that if he's convicted -- then afterwards, the process continues with a vote on barring him from holding any further elected office.

A simple majority decides that vote, so not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Look as if there's a Press conference planned for tomorrow, 9 AM Eastern, where the specific Articles of Impeachment will be discussed.

Then a Committee vote on the articles this Thursday, with a floor vote next week, if Thursday's vote passes.

15 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Today's hearing, where we should hear testimony from the House Intelligence Committee lawyers, on both sides of the aisle, takes place at 9am Eastern.

Link to watch online, here: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-the-trump-impeachment-hearings-judiciary-committee-day-2

Yeah but won’t be hearing any testimony from those who can apparently exonerate Trump. Pompeo and Rudy. 

On 12/8/2019 at 2:04 AM, Tiggs said:

Your support is noted.  Do you contend that Ciaramello's identity is protected by statute?

Edited by and then

57 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah but won’t be hearing any testimony from those who can apparently exonerate Trump. Pompeo and Rudy. 

If Lindsey Graham has his way we won't be hearing much of anyone's testimony.  He suddenly flipped from wanting Schiff and Ciaramello to testify to neither.  Hopefully Mitch McConnell will call LOTS of witnesses that the Schiffstaffel refused to call.

Edited by and then

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Durrr.... this is a Star Chamber, it’s all about the punishment not the crime.

2 hours ago, and then said:

Your support is noted.  Do you contend that Ciaramello's identity is protected by statute?

Aside from the IG handling the complaint, the only safeguard any whistle blower has from being named for reprisal is basic human decency.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, and then said:

If Lindsey Graham has his way we won't be hearing much of anyone's testimony.  He suddenly flipped from wanting Schiff and Ciaramello to testify to neither.  Hopefully Mitch McConnell will call LOTS of witnesses that the Schiffstaffel refused to call.

I don't think anyone expected the republicans to look at the impeachment inquiry subjectively.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Durrr.... this is a Star Chamber, it’s all about the punishment not the crime.

No the democrats have listed and investigated the crimes, they'll be voted on and sent to the senate. Its the republican controlled senate that will dish out the punishment, if any. 

• Like 2

Today is an historic day. 

Today Donald J. Trump became only the fourth U.S. President in history to have articles of impeachment drawn against him. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Today Donald J. Trump became only the fourth U.S. President in history to have articles of impeachment drawn against him. 

Indeed, albeit drawn in crayon, with a whole lot of smudges :D 

52 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Plus, never before in history has a major political party assembled themselves before the American people, chorus line style, and committed bloody seppuku.

The Dems did that today.

4 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Plus, never before in history has a major political party assembled themselves before the American people, chorus line style, and committed bloody seppuku.

The Dems did that today.

Pelosi looked beaten down...she knows this is not good for her party. It's sad...this is not the Democrat party I grew up with. There were certain things I liked and respected about them....I no longer see any of those things. 

40 minutes ago, skliss said:

Pelosi looked beaten down...she knows this is not good for her party

Yet she's still doing it because she knows it's good for the country. Pretty impressive imo 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 11:29 PM, Manwon Lender said:

At least with the Vice President in office, we can count on one thing even more support for Israel since he is a Christian Zionist. I can and will always support Israel, just not for the aspirations of causing the apocalypse.

I will support Israel, as long as they don't bomb our ships and kill the people who man them.  And as long as they stay out of Palestine.

Doug