Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is it unreasonable to believe in miracles?

BrooklynGuy

Do you Believe in Miracles  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Believe in Miracles

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • I'm not sure, I need more details

38 minutes ago, Sakari said:

@Helen of Annoy

Scroll back for my facebook page, if you ever want to message me. "Statistically, I will probably need it".......That is a bit concerning. Not 100% sure of what that means, so this may be wayyy wrong.

Look up a app called "Belong"

And, again, if you ever want, or need to talk, feel free to contact me on FB. I only use it for cancer updates, family, close friends, and Wolf Dogs. Oh, and my motorcycle trip pics...No other crap allowed :)

Oh, I didn't want to alarm you! Apart from the genetics (two lung cancers in close family) and habits (smoker) I've got no reason to expect that type of diagnosis at the moment (and every reason to expect it at some point, if my heart lasts that long). But I will keep in mind that I've got the address where I will find support if something suddenly reveals itself. 

Lately, the only way not to develop one form of the cancer or another, sooner or later, is to die from coronary issues. 

Thank you for your kindness. It's so very reassuring to meet people who care for others. (In my opinion, compassion is a miracle itself, maybe the greatest of all miracles.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

“On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.” 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Helen.   And Sakari....I just wanted to say thanks Sakari, but I don't do Facebook ...but I'd always be happy to hear from you via PM in here.  (Signal is sketchy in the desert).  It's good to feel some support.  And it feels sort of good to talk about it for a change..I've hardy ever talked about it...(I'm a bit superstitious;)  even some family assumed I was all better.  The diagnosis was advanced metastatic disease...lung primary...2 biopsies were taken from the lymphs on my neck.  The chemo almost achieved re-mission for me!  I surprised them, and got 9 mo. off for good behavior :) ....and now doc says I'm "a poster child for immunotherapy".  .  I'm told "it" will never be gone and that it is smart and will adapt...I don't believe either.  If it was smart it wouldn't (try to) kill me? :P And immunotherapy has evolved a Lot in the past few years...so... .. . .  .. . . .  OK ...thanks people, for letting me talk.     ( as if ya had a choice )  :lol:    I'll be good now...and do what I do best...Listen.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Is it is nicer if that zero is later in life, than earlier. I can assure you of that. It is too bad most of us do not realize this, and take life for granted.

Some peoples time lines are much shorter than others. You never know what "long enough" is.

• Like 2

Just now, Sakari said:

Is it is nicer if that zero is later in life, than earlier. I can assure you of that. It is too bad most of us do not realize this, and take life for granted.

Some peoples time lines are much shorter than others. You never know what "long enough" is.

Nicer? Not if your life is horrible. 

To me it's all about quality of life. 

Yeah. Most people who are facing a terminal illness will radically reevaluate their life.

I'm not a big fan of doctors giving a percentage chance to people on whether they are going to live or die.

You can get a 1% chance to live and last another fifty years. You can get a 99% chance to live and die in a week.

It's a case by case basis. 

While I sympathize with your situation, death is inevitable. 

Most people would like "more time," but that's just wishful thinking. 

30 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Nicer? Not if your life is horrible. 

To me it's all about quality of life. 

Yeah. Most people who are facing a terminal illness will radically reevaluate their life.

I'm not a big fan of doctors giving a percentage chance to people on whether they are going to live or die.

You can get a 1% chance to live and last another fifty years. You can get a 99% chance to live and die in a week.

It's a case by case basis. 

While I sympathize with your situation, death is inevitable. 

Most people would like "more time," but that's just wishful thinking. 

I totally agree, and I do know we all die.

I also know if I were on chemo, and not a immuntherapy, and was in pain and bed ridden, I am sure now that I would be asking to go.

My Son is suffering severe depression, and had a gun to his head about 3 months ago. He does not want a long time line right now. I do get what you are saying.

Same with the Doctors. They have to give you the statistics, and they are real. Yes, some may beat those odds, but the numbers are true numbers. I sometimes wonder if the Doctors tell you so that you get off your ass and start living.

Most people do want more time, and it is not always wishful thinking. As you mentioned, some are given low odds, and keep going.

The reason most want more time, is because they feel they have been wasting their lives (we are right now sitting here typing when we could be outdoors, in nature, or doing things we enjoy). When you get hit with the reality of death, you suddenly find yourself trying to accomplish everything you want to do, and the things you have not done, but "planned" on. You realize you wasted so many years, by being ignorant, and taking life for granted.

That is for sure something I have learned. I tell everyone. Go out and do ****!! Do not make excuses, do it.

And, I have been the last 22 months, and am not stopping. It is still crappy out, so kind of stuck in house. Riding weather tomorrow though!

To this original topic.....Do miracles exist?

Yes, yes they do. It is called life, and too many have been taking this miracle for granted.

Edited by Sakari
  • Thanks 3

On 11/13/2019 at 10:22 AM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Albert Einstein said, 'There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.'”

We all oscillate between the two daily.

Edited by spartan max2

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

We all oscillate between the two daily.

I respectfully disagree. 

13 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

True; but better to live for 100 years than 100 days :) 

It is true that quality is important but, generally,(and there are exceptions ) in modern times with so much pain relief, and  support of all types etc.  any life is better than none. 

Edited by Mr Walker