Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Loneliness can kill you

Eldorado

"Significantly increased risk of all-cause mortality among cardiac patients feeling lonely"

"A strong association between loneliness and poor patient-reported outcomes and 1-year mortality was found in both men and women across cardiac diagnoses.

"The results suggest that loneliness should be a priority for public health initiatives, and should also be included in clinical risk assessment in cardiac patients."

Full monty at the BMJ: https://heart.bmj.com/content/early/2019/09/24/heartjnl-2019-315460

At the UK Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/mind/loneliness-killer-health-problems-associated-isolated-life/

• Like 9

hetrodoxly

Especially if you're into BDSM and there's no one there to undo the knots.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Desertrat56

That's why it is good for people to have a dog or cat if they are isolated from others or their family.

• Like 7

Desertrat56

I thought about my sister's mother-in-law, she had a pet skunk and lots of dogs, goats, cats and rabbits.  She was not isolated, lived in a house behind my sister's and she did survive a lot longer with heart and other issues, even was on dialysis for 7 years.  I think that is a good example of the other end of the spectrum for comparison.

• Like 1

and then
2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

That's why it is good for people to have a dog or cat if they are isolated from others or their family.

After watching John Wick, I'll never see Beagle pups the same again :unsure2:  Someone hurt his and he went all Baba Yaga on them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stiff

Adamski and Seal knew about this in 1989.

'Walt' E. Kurtz

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.