Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A picture is worth 1000 words

Wally

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mypaddedroom

• Elfstone810

• Wally

• distortedpandy

Worth1000.com is a site for photoshopped pictures. Some of these are very neat (I like the Rumsfeld/Napoleon one and the ghost train <g>) but I'm not sure what your point is in posting these links here?

Worth1000.com is a site for photoshopped pictures.  Some of these are very neat (I like the Rumsfeld/Napoleon one and the ghost train <g>) but I'm not sure what your point is in posting these links here?

477517[/snapback]

1. These images ARE neat and many have probably never seen them before or were aware of these other sites.

2. Many are incredibly realistic - but all are fabricated. The nature of this site is such that some members may be all too willing to accept such images as definitive proof of supernatural phenomena, and everyone can use a dramatic reminder that such proof can today be faked all too easily. In the photo galleries, there is an image of a triple waterspout that has evidently astonished numerous members. I recognize this from www.snopes.com, and it is assuredly phony. There may be others, and I feel obligated to point them out when I find them.

The nature of this site is such that some members may be all too willing to accept such images as definitive proof of supernatural phenomena

Well, given the huge number of members this forum has, it's a given that some members may be all too willing to accept such images. (Some members are also ten and eleven years old.) However, on the whole, we are really not that gullible. If you hang around the discussion boards some, you'll see that any picture posted is subject to a highly critical analysis and that there are a number of members who are well versed in what is out there on the internet in terms of image manipulation.

You read the comments about the "triple waterspout", you must have noticed that you were not the first to point out that it was a fake, nor the first to provide a link to snopes.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't post links like this. It was an interesting site and it is good to know what's going on around the web. I'm just saying, don't assume that members of a paranormal discussion forum are necessarily uncritical believers of everything they are shown.

BTW, referring to the pictures on one of your links, I loved the "first time telekenesis" picture! Very droll. original.gif

Edited by Elfstone810

o wow. those were sooo REAL. i especially like that last one. they did a nice job bending the spoon and putting it in front of their face! yes.gif

Ive seen that site before..some of the pictures are pretty cool..but some are so fake it annoys me  disgust.gif

482857[/snapback]

Yeah a lot are fake. I posted a pic here where it was suppose to be a Chupacabra and it looked like a bird to me haha.

my favorite was the man who died in the house fire grin2.gif that must have taken quite a while to make.

I like these! It just shows what you can do with a powerful computer, lol. rolleyes.gif

very nice artwork indeed..and I have to agree that the old man in the smoke must have been really hard to do happy.gif

really talented people out there, not all....but many laugh.gif

Haha,very good...cropcircle on carpet,the best grin2.gif

505335[/snapback]

i thought the beginners one was a funny point tongue.gif

i see i was not the only one thinkin the salamander pic was cute blush.gif

• 4 weeks later...