Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spray-painting fiber bandages onto wounds

Eldorado

"Researchers have developed a portable electrospinning device with a confined electric field that can safely deposit bandages and drugs directly onto biological surfaces, using air to spray the fibers out onto the surface, like a can of spray paint.

"The device can be used to cover wounds and provide controlled drug release over time."

At Science Daily: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/11/191112114002.htm

"Combined electrostatic and air driven electrospinning for biomedical applications"

American Institute of Physics: https://avs.scitation.org/doi/10.1116/1.5122659

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

What an absolutely marvelous idea.  It actually reminded me of waterproofing a bathroom where they spray that stuff that dries like silicone on the walls and floors and makes it completely safe from water.  I know, that was completely random.  :wacko:

This also sounds like it'll be great for kids (and some adults) who are afraid of any types of needles....a painfree way of giving vaccines perhaps in the future? And various drugs during hospitalisation....Science is amazing :D    

• Like 4

Credit where credit is due... 

[00.01:40]

~

Edited by third_eye
Paywall link
  • Like 4

This kind of reminds me of an element in a science fiction series UNDYING MERCENARIES.  (BV Larson)  It's a futuristic situation where drugs and even skin can be sprayed on for quick healing.  If the wounds are too bad or the soldier dies, they use raw proteins and software to regenerate a new body.  Hence "undying"

• Like 2