Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shots fired during 'Bigfoot' break-in attempt

UM-Bot

That's it...   biggie hunters bait your traps with that we'll know natural favorite food of the ole biggie ... .......bannanas 

• Haha 2

Pretty scary I guess.
Why dont you unbelievers get out there and investigate the case?

[sarcasm]The neighbour who feeds the Bigfoot - probably a bear
The man who fired shots to scare away something was jiggling the doorknob and trying to get into his house - probably a guy escaped from a mental hospital.[/sarcasm]

Note the last paragraph...Ho,Ho,Ho - Bigfoot could not possibly exist, could it?

As things stand, it remains unclear what, if anything, had tried to break into his house.

Edited by ocpaul20

6 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Note the last paragraph...Ho,Ho,Ho - Bigfoot could not possibly exist, could it?

Of course it could, as could any of the other countless versions around the world. There is nothing unprecedented about the existence of another homo or ape species. We know there are/have been plenty of those. In fact we are living in unusual times, in that there only appears to be one homo species extant. The Orang pendek seems the most plausible of the claimed crypto ape creatures, but it suffers the same way bigfoot does (stories and nothing else) and so it overwhelmingly appears to also be a similar human based phenomena.

The idea that one extremely large species of bipedal ape has been running around the entirety of mainland US and Canada undocumented and leaving nothing (scientifically verifiable) behind but stories for centuries, is not very compelling.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:17 PM, UM-Bot said:

A man in Bainbridge Township, Ohio told police that he had been trying to dissuade an intruding Sasquatch.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/332020/shots-fired-during-attempted-bigfoot-break-in

If a 7 foot tall furry in an ape suit is trying to break into my cabin, I too am going to demonstrate the practical application of the Second Amendment with great speed and accuracy.  Should it happen to be a sasquatch, well, science bonus points.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 11:38 PM, Gary Meadows said:

Meth is a terrible drug..

:blink:

Its not the drugs. It was his neighbours fault for encouraging it to hang around by feeding it banana's. 

• Haha 3

The idea that one extremely large species of bipedal ape has been running around the entirety of mainland US and Canada undocumented and leaving nothing (scientifically verifiable) behind but stories for centuries, is not very compelling.

And it is pretty unbelievable that large human footprints should be found miles away from civilisation, in the middle of nowhere, sometimes along a small remote stream - and it is a hoaxer out there doing his hoaxing where no-one will see it. What is the point of a hoaxer doing hoaxes if no-one knows about it? Rather pointless I would say. But then, you never know I suppose.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:17 PM, UM-Bot said:

A man in Bainbridge Township, Ohio told police that he had been trying to dissuade an intruding Sasquatch.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/332020/shots-fired-during-attempted-bigfoot-break-in

I kinda feel sorry fir the old guy, it sounds like he really beleives that he say something. I would rather read a story like this than another than many others posted here.

1 hour ago, ocpaul20 said:

And it is pretty unbelievable that large human footprints should be found miles away from civilisation, in the middle of nowhere, sometimes along a small remote stream - and it is a hoaxer out there doing his hoaxing where no-one will see it. What is the point of a hoaxer doing hoaxes if no-one knows about it? Rather pointless I would say. But then, you never know I suppose.

That's not true, humans do go there obviously because someone did see it. I also think you overlook the extent that crypto researchers themselves leave hoaxes for other researchers to find. I know this happens.

Well... people are really bad at firing guns.... how can you miss a 7 foot tall Bigfoot on your porch if your are not drunk or on meth ?

On 11/16/2019 at 12:45 PM, ocpaul20 said:

Rick Dyer has a bigfoot corpse to sell you. 

• Like 1

"Description.... Yes officer it was about it was about 7ft tall,big old tits covered in dark hair,stinky.and oh yea it has these massive feet"

• Haha 1

Just imagine you come home from vacation. There's Bigfoot passed out on the living room floor, and the house is a wreck. Be sure to get the camera out.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 8:04 PM, Horta said:

Of course it could, as could any of the other countless versions around the world. There is nothing unprecedented about the existence of another homo or ape species. We know there are/have been plenty of those. In fact we are living in unusual times, in that there only appears to be one homo species extant. The Orang pendek seems the most plausible of the claimed crypto ape creatures, but it suffers the same way bigfoot does (stories and nothing else) and so it overwhelmingly appears to also be a similar human based phenomena.

I would have thought it was very compelling! Why is it that if science doesn't say so it can't be, talk about brainwashing? 

Edited by Banggod

While people take the p***, there have been some incredible sightings of the same beast in my country and multiple witnesses as well. It can't be continually swept under the carpet as delusion, that's what people do to genuine witnesses to discredit them when theyr'e scared. Even if it were just illusions the fact that multiple witnesses are involved is extremely interesting. We tend not to have the hoax factor (bull****) happening in Australia as in America. We have recently had two grandparents with their grandchildren witness this creature. Listening to these people leaves you little doubt what they saw.  There is something to it, not all these people are liers. Aboriginals here have cave paintings thousands of years old depicting the creature and many stories of it from one end of the country to the other. All before media and social media sites ever existed. How did one tribe living on the other side of the continent know of the exact same creature on the other side. Why have people all around the globe seen it. Yeah guess they're all wrong ha. Guess they all belong to the looney bin. 

Edited by Banggod

59 minutes ago, Banggod said:

I would have thought it was very compelling! Why is it that if science doesn't say so it can't be, talk about brainwashing? 

Science doesn't say it doesn't exist. More that it's unlikely. People seem to get a misperception that scientists are evil and have an agenda. Yet if it wasnt for scientists we wouldn't be as advanced as we are now.

It was just Harry from Harry and Henderson's wanting to visit.

On 11/21/2019 at 10:47 AM, Jon the frog said:

Well... people are really bad at firing guns.... how can you miss a 7 foot tall Bigfoot on your porch if your are not drunk or on meth ?

Perhaps they didn't miss, but Bigfoot is such a big b******, so what if he pretty much ignored being shot?

• Haha 1