Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

9yr-old boy set for University degree

Eldorado

"A nine-year-old boy will become the youngest ever graduate at the end of this year, sparking a competition among the world’s top universities to sign up the boy genius. 

"Laurent Simons has an IQ of at least 145 and will complete his electrical engineering degree from the Eindhoven University of Technology in December. 

"“I really want to go to California, the weather is nice there,” said Laurent, who is half Dutch and half Belgian and lives in Amsterdam. "

Full monty at the Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/13/worlds-top-universities-compete-9-year-old-boy-genius/

Same report, minus the Paywall: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/child-genius-could-follow-mentor-to-oxford-after-finishing-first-degree-aged-9/ar-BBWHLE1

Edited by Eldorado
add link
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I really want to go to California, the weather is nice there,”

He may be a genius but he still has a LOT to learn. :) 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, and then said:

He may be a genius but he still has a LOT to learn. :) 

Could be worse, he coulda said Florida.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Could be worse, he coulda said Florida.

Who would do that?  What large, high prestige university is in Florida?  And everyone knows it is going to float away into the ocean any day now, what's left after the sink holes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"“I really want to go to California, the weather is nice there,”

man-on-fire.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

man-on-fire.jpg

Maybe he has been watching the television show Big Bang Theory

• Like 3

Im amazed at these genius kids. Very smart people always struggle while a kid not in the double digits doesnt even worry. Amazing. Good for him. We need peoplw like him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope for the best, but a lot of these 'child geniuses' burn themselves out and become very mediocre, jaded adults.
That's one reason why you never hear about them doing amazing things decades later.
Many very knowledgeable people (child psychologists, teachers, developmental experts, etc.) also say that forcing a kid through college too soon is really bad for them developmentally. All the pressure, none of the time to learn basic stuff like how to be a proper human, socially interact, etc.
I know that if i had a kid, I would not push them through school like that. No matter how smart, they should grow along with everyone else their age. Even skipping kids ahead more than one grade has been shown to have a negative impact on the child.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He Will blow his brains out when he reaches pubety and realizes everyone else are gold fish.

Edited by SultryPine
  • Thanks 1