Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There have been 366 mass shootings in the US

ExpandMyMind

• The number of mass shootings in the US this year has already reached 366, as of November 14, according to the Gun Violence Archive's tally.
  • At least two people were killed and an additional three were injured in a mass shooting on Thursday afternoon at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, California.
  • By the Gun Violence Archive's count, there have been more US mass shootings than days in 2019 so far.

https://www.businessinsider.com/number-of-mass-shootings-in-america-this-year-2019-8?r=US&IR=T

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

You'd think the rest of the world would stay as far away from our shores as possible.  Funny how we're still the number one destination for hopeless people all over the planet.  I guess they don't wet their pants over danger the way certain members here seem to do. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My wife pulled up to our local Walmart yesterday to see SWAT storming the doors as shoppers flooded out.

Still short on details but looks like it was a hoax call. My wife asked what kind of person would do that and the only answer I could come up with was the exact same kind who would do an actual shooting. 

Point being we got ****ing issues here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, and then said:

You'd think the rest of the world would stay as far away from our shores as possible.  Funny how we're still the number one destination for hopeless people all over the planet.  I guess they don't wet their pants over danger the way certain members here seem to do. 

When you're dealing with war, famine or disaster, what's a few mass shootings?

I'm surprised that the US is the country most migrants want to go to (Canada is number three despite taking first place as the best country for immigrants). I suspect it's the image many have of the US... the American dream and all that. Our government has issued warnings to Canadians travelling to the US stating that mass shootings occur, but also notes that they account for a small percentage of homicides and that the chances of a tourist getting shot are slim. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:30 PM, and then said:

You can thank the Hollywood that you hate so much for that.

Problem is anymore everything is counted as a mass shooting. 

On December 4, 2015, Breitbart News reported that the left was claiming 355 mass shootings for that year. Mother Jones editor Mark Follman rebuffed the exaggerated claims by pointing out that the actual number was four. In other words, there were 351 fewer than the left claimed.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/08/26/sen-chris-murphy-tweets-skewed-numbers-labeling-jacksonville-234th-mass-shooting-of-2018/

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

^^Article is from AUG2018.

On December 4, 2015, Breitbart News reported that the left was claiming 355 mass shootings for that year. Mother Jones editor Mark Follman rebuffed the exaggerated claims by pointing out that the actual number was four. In other words, there were 351 fewer than the left claimed.

Above quote say December 2015.

Article in the OP is about 2019.

:blink:

Edited by toast
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashotep said:

Funny you should bring that up, I read an article the other day related to what you are talking about.

Why Some Shootings Are Called Mass Shootings And Others Are Ignored

I think media is grasping at any kind of shooting to keep the gun debate going in the public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2019 at 8:44 PM, Ashotep said:

You can look at each individually:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

A bit hard to deny, but feel free.

--------------------------------

A related infograph:

Post image

• Thanks 1

UM.png.9307d2a6a08dae0d4af6b2bcafa9c60d.png

Alabama and Louisiana have a higher murder rate from guns alone than Iraq or Russia have in total.

• Like 1