Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Aliens or baby owls: An old tale gone viral

XenoFish

Yeah, that's a little creepy.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

XenoFish
27 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

El, I think you have unknowingly joined the "disinformation" club. To suggest that those creatures are baby owls is just ludacris. Just look at those hollow haunting eyes and spindly limbs. I cannot believe the guy filming didnt take proper precautions and wear his tin foil hat, those aliens clearly have him convinced that he is in no real danger being in the midst of "baby owls".  I bet loading the video was his last action on this earth. Sayonara.

Hide contents

The above, of course was, said in jest. But there are those out there that would believe exactly what I said. 

How about we call them Owliens?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Overdueleaf
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

How about we call them Owliens?

I bet long ago, that was the given term for baby owls. But over the centuries, it got lost in translation, and spellings were changed to the point that it became Aliens, human imgination took over from there as it always does. 

• Like 4

susieice

They're called owlets now.

Image result for owlets"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Overdueleaf
1 hour ago, susieice said:

Image result for owlets"

I get the distinct feeling they want to probe me....oh where is my tin foil hat!

Wait wait... just baby owls... phew. I feel better now

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hankenhunter
1 hour ago, susieice said:

Image result for owlets"

Yeesh, they look like vulture chicks. Owls are pretty spooky looking when viewed by flashlight. Their eyes reflect a huge  amount of light back, almost obscuring the whole face. I don't recommend doing this though as the owl will be effectively blind for a much longer period than we would. No sight = no eat.

• Like 4

Gwynbleidd

LOL just watching them stand there looking at the camera completely made me lose it!  I was literally dying laughing.  Omg so cute.....and funny. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

MissJatti

Alien baby owls

• Haha 3

freetoroam

My grandmother had an owl in her attic (it was a very big attic spanning the long house) as a child I was initially convinced it was a ghost,  then one night I dreamt it was aliens,  I had watched star trek so it all fitted into place.

I will never forget the time my mum told me it was an owl,  it changed my whole ghost / alien thinking forever.

I became a sceptic from then on,  at the age of  7 and santa was out the window too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Tom1200

Are you telling me I've been drugged, abducted and internally probed... by OWLS?

How did they even get the aliens to lend them a flying saucer?  Owls don't speak Venusian.

• Haha 4

Seti42

I bet that explains at least one alien sighting. Owls probably explains Mothman too.
Obviously no one thing explains away every paranormal sighting/experience though. Humans misidentifying stuff probably explains 99% of all supernatural encounters, though...I like reading about this sort of thing, but it's a lot like religion/mythology/folklore. Interesting, says a lot about how cultures are and how people think, but it isn't science or even reality-based in the least.

Seti42
12 hours ago, Michelangelos said:

Still, they are not like baby owls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71PD2f1ogyk

They could be sick, have some avian form of mange, etc. Also owls (like every other life form) don't just exist as 'baby' or 'adult'. There's the whole spectrum of adolescence in between.

The owl in the video you posted looks like it's old enough to possibly fly, ie: it has what appears to be all of its feathers. The 'alien-owls' are clearly missing flight feathers and look more like they're either very young or sick...

In any case, owls are adorable and mighty hunters...Basically flying cats.

• Like 1

Hankenhunter
3 hours ago, Seti42 said:

They could be sick, have some avian form of mange, etc. Also owls (like every other life form) don't just exist as 'baby' or 'adult'. There's the whole spectrum of adolescence in between.

The owl in the video you posted looks like it's old enough to possibly fly, ie: it has what appears to be all of its feathers. The 'alien-owls' are clearly missing flight feathers and look more like they're either very young or sick...

In any case, owls are adorable and mighty hunters...Basically flying cats.

Flying cats with no sense of smell. A big owl's favorite entree is surprised skunks. The ones in our barn did us a biig favor. The barn smelled a little, but a small price to pay.

Ozfactor

Didn't they blame the Hoskinville Goblin attack on owls ? 
They do look convincingly alien looking x

• Like 2

Sir Wearer of Hats
On 11/16/2019 at 7:49 AM, XenoFish said:

Yeah, that's a little creepy.

Dude, do not do a disservice to that footage. It’s REALLY creepy.

• Haha 3

freetoroam
4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Dude, do not do a disservice to that footage. It’s REALLY creepy.

It is not REALLY creepy as the parents knew the baby was not a demon and we all know why it came out like that. Explanations take away the REALLY status.

Sir Wearer of Hats
9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

It is not REALLY creepy as the parents knew the baby was not a demon and we all know why it came out like that. Explanations take away the REALLY status.

Wrong thread chief.

• Like 1

aearluin

That is a nice pair of baby owls. They're in an unusual upright position, hence the uncommon alien look. Still, even the babies of the largest owl in the world won't be bigger than 30-40 cm tall so they are kind of short to be confused with the aliens in common UFO folklore.

Edited by aearluin
Grammar mistake
  • Like 1

Jon the frog
On 11/18/2019 at 2:57 AM, aearluin said:

That is a nice pair of baby owls. They're in an unusual upright position, hence the uncommon alien look. Still, even the babies of the largest owl in the world won't be bigger than 30-40 cm tall so they are kind of short to be confused with the aliens in common UFO folklore.

Some people identify an house cat as jaguar, puma or tiger... more or less the same size difference...

• Like 1