Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roger Stone found guilty

Hankenhunter

What I found strange is that he Stone didn't take the stand, and no defense witnesses were called.

well perhaps stone not taking the stand was understandable to a degree - but its almost like he pleaded not guilty and then proceeded to accept the prosecution case.

Wouldn't he have been better just pleading guilty to start with?

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Perhaps Trump will pardon this witch from the coven being burned from the "Mueller witch hunt"?

I dont think he will. It wouldn't look very good during an impeachment hearing. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I cant imagine he could have pleaded guilty without fully explaining his crimes and therefore taking down or at least harming the man who may pardon him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

trump weighs in. (You knew he would)

just goes to show 1 liar gets jailed the other becomes President. A double standard indeed.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Yeah! and Trump is right.

Why. Stone was found guilty by his peers. Nothing political about it. Unless you know something we dont?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

You believe he was convicted for lying? Did you even follow the trial? He's been convicted of seven different crimes. 

Is that the new defence? Just pretend that reality is an illusion?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm really disappointed that he was freed til sentencing in February. You know he'll be running his mouth off non stop. Unless he's still under the same gag order? Anyone know? 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm really disappointed that he was freed til sentencing in February. You know he'll be running his mouth off non stop. Unless he's still under the same gag order? Anyone know? 

Yes there's a gag order, which he may have violated by communicating with Alex Jones this week.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/15/politics/roger-stone-trial-verdict/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

On careful consideration, maybe he should have found a different uniform for his associates

fark_Ecv9koq4YfAICWcCJ5SwE5VepSw.jpg

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm really disappointed that he was freed til sentencing in February. You know he'll be running his mouth off non stop.

Why does his speech concern you?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Why does his speech concern you?

For the same reasons his trial judge stated. Read it, you might learn something other than official talking points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

What I found strange is that he Stone didn't take the stand, and no defense witnesses were called.

well perhaps stone not taking the stand was understandable to a degree - but its almost like he pleaded not guilty and then proceeded to accept the prosecution case.

He most likely did not take the stand to avoid a harsher sentence and to prevent any further charges for perjury. And to answer your question at the start of the case he had no idea how strong the prosecutions case would be and once he realized how strong their case against him was he cut his losses. My guess is he expects a pardon from President Trump at some point and it would not surprise me to see him and everyone else connected to this get one as well. I'm not saying that is the right thing to do just that it won't be a surprise if happens. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:
1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

trump weighs in. (You knew he would)

Well Buzz, all that needs to be done is an investigation to uncover proof then proceed to indictment and trial.  You folks have been driving this clown car for the last three years.   Don't blame anybody but yourselves if you haven't done that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen, Roger Stone.  Yet, your beloved leader cares oh so much about corruption to try to reignite a 5 year old conspiracy theory while ignoring the people closest to him.  There's a sucker born every minute...mostly in the midwest it seems.  Weird.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

This ones for me.

fark_Mp2VPy0I7OPi1rWzDj51qh7BGAM.jpg

That's why they can't afford four more years of Trump and Barr.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I don't know tbh, but I'm so glad this sleazy little man is going to gaol.  How anyone could be acquainted with him is beyond me.  He is "sleaze" personified imo.  Perhaps he'll do a runner or have a hit put out on him prior to his gaol term do you think?  

Oops my bad, sorry I just read your Campbell tweet above - he has a gag order.  Omg I don't think that will stop him. :o 

Edit: Sorry, I meant to write also - someone mentioned earlier about all of the others being sent to gaol or not.  Have you ever noticed none of these people who have been sent to gaol are actually IN politics?  They're only "hired hands" for one thing or another.  That's a worry, because these politicians always find a way around it to cover their tracks or blame the hired help so to speak.  It's unfair.

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 5

Just now, Gwynbleidd said:

I don't know tbh, but I'm so glad this sleazy little man is going to gaol.  How anyone could be acquainted with him is beyond me.  He is "sleaze" personified imo.  Perhaps he'll do a runner or have a hit put out on him prior to his gaol term do you think?  

Many people on social media believe he's in danger. I don't think he is because he was never a part of trumps inner circle. However, Stone has known trump for a long time, so who knows what dirt he might have trump. He refused to testify on his own behalf, so is that loyalty to trump or self preservation? 

• Like 2

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

Many people on social media believe he's in danger. I don't think he is because he was never a part of trumps inner circle. However, Stone has known trump for a long time, so who knows what dirt he might have trump. He refused to testify on his own behalf, so is that loyalty to trump or self preservation? 

Good point Hank, I think in Stone's case it'd be self preservation for sure.  He's just so untrustworthy.  Ugh.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, joc said:

That's why they can't afford four more years of Trump and Barr.

Word is Hillary isn't running. She's just trolling you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1