Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump ignores the Pentagon

Unusual Tournament

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump is hell bent on destroying every great American institution.  

You do realize that the U.S.president is in full command of the military, yes?  The fact that his haters don't consider him to be "legitimate" is a problem THEY have, not he.  He is completely within his purview and authority to ignore any or all advice from General officers or civilian secretaries of defense.  I applaud his move to restore these men to an honorable status.  Neither you nor anyone else on this site has sufficient information about this situation to do anything but give an opinion.  Why am I not shocked that you feel Trump is a Bad Orange Man?  ;) 

2025...  you really should try to pace yourself or you're going to burn out and become a crisped, dejected shell of yourself :w00t:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

I'm none of supporter of President Moon or President Park.

I know that politic is just a illusion from the Deep State.

However recently Korea people are divide into 2 groups.

Korean conservative are mostly follower of President Park,

and Korean liberal are mostly follower of president Moon.

Korean conservative: Pro-America, Pro-president Park, hate communism, China, DPRK, Christian

Korean liberal: Pro-China, DPRK(not all, but mostly yes), Pro-president Moon, Hate Japan, Nationalism

I am very aware of how divided the Korean population is today when it comes to President Park and President Moon. It's very much like the American political parties are since President Trumps election. When people are so divided not much can get done, and the people suffer because if it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Enemies are friends and friends are treated like enemies.

Obama refused to give any weapons to Ukraine when they needed them most because he didn't want to offend Vladimir.  Remember his accidental hot mike chat with Medvedev?  Hypocrites the LOT of you.  Suck it up, buttercup.  At this rate you may have another 5 years to suffer these slings and arrows.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, and then said:

You do realize that the U.S.president is in full command of the military, yes?  The fact that his haters don't consider him to be "legitimate" is a problem THEY have, not he.  He is completely within his purview and authority to ignore any or all advice from General officers or civilian secretaries of defense.  I applaud his move to restore these men to an honorable status.  Neither you nor anyone else on this site has sufficient information about this situation to do anything but give an opinion.  Why am I not shocked that you feel Trump is a Bad Orange Man?  ;) 

2025...  you really should try to pace yourself or you're going to burn out and become a crisped, dejected shell of yourself :w00t:

Are you aware that youre constantly responding to a conversation that isnt happening? No one has said the problem with this is that Trump isnt legitimate. Nor has anyone said it wasnt within his purview.

It is simply a decision that quite frankly flies in the face of American values and has the potential to set the American purpose back decades. .....made by a legitimate POTUS who was acting within his rightful purview.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, and then said:

What would they be?

A major lack of trust within the military leadership at its highest levels. Along with the Staff Judge Advocates office which now has also been thrown under the Bus. When any President isn't trusted and supported by his advisers, things will only go down hill from there.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am very aware of how divided the Korean population is today when it comes to President Park and President Moon. It's very much like the American political parties are since President Trumps election. When people are so divided not much can get done, and the people suffer because if it.

Indeed, it makes only hatred and anger.

Even Korea internet community sites are divided.

They recently fight harshly because of the name of Pokemon in new Pokemon series.

Mugen-dino, With Korea pronounciation, Muhan Dino, reminds former liberal political party's president President Roh Mu Hyun( who killed himself )

Some one posted Muhan Dino in game community site because he wants to share new pokemon game's pokemon, but  where is very liberal, the game forum administrator deleted all of his postings with no reason.

It seems that forum admin thinks muhan dino is insulting former president Roh.

Therefore soon it develops into big fight.

Even today they insult each other as "gun-chup(근첩), tong-be(통베)"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

A major lack of trust within the military leadership at it highest levels. Along with the Staff Judge Advocates office which now has also been thrown under the Bus. When any President isn't trusted and supported by his advisers, things will only go down hill from there.

You sound like you believe the advice of staff overrules the desires of the man who was elected by the whole nation.  Need I remind you that this is exactly how our system is set up?  This isn't about him being somehow dangerous and plunging us into war.  Far from it.  He has shown the exact opposite instinct.  Did it ever occur to you that after 3 years of relentless lies, half truths and dedicated media attempts to take him down, he might just like the idea of helping some military members who he may  think have been put through a similar situation?  Regardless the opinion of anyone, he has a total right to do what he did.  If you think he should hold his peace and never challenge the decisions of his STAFF then I think it might be you with the problem, not Trump.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, and then said:

The military itself argued against such a move. Suggesting that Trump has all the facts ?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, and then said:

Obama refused to give any weapons to Ukraine when they needed them most because he didn't want to offend Vladimir.  Remember his accidental hot mike chat with Medvedev?  Hypocrites the LOT of you.  Suck it up, buttercup.  At this rate you may have another 5 years to suffer these slings and arrows.

Whoa, back it up buddy. This thread has nothing to do with Obama. Stay on topic.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

Indeed, it makes only hatred and anger.

Even Korea internet community sites are divided.

They recently fight harshly because of the name of Pokemon in new Pokemon series.

Mugen-dino, With Korea pronounciation, Muhan Dino, reminds former liberal political party's president President Roh Mu Hyun( who killed himself )

Some one posted Muhan Dino in game community site because he wants to share new pokemon game's pokemon, but  where is very liberal, the game forum administrator deleted all of his postings with no reason.

It seems that forum admin thinks muhan dino is insulting former president Roh.

Therefore soon it develops into big fight.

Even today they insult each other as "gun-chup(근첩), tong-be(통베)"

You remind me of Mr Miyagi. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, and then said:

You sound like you believe the advice of staff overrules the desires of the man who was elected by the whole nation.  Need I remind you that this is exactly how our system is set up?  This isn't about him being somehow dangerous and plunging us into war.  Far from it.  He has shown the exact opposite instinct.  Did it ever occur to you that after 3 years of relentless lies, half truths and dedicated media attempts to take him down, he might just like the idea of helping some military members who he may  think have been put through a similar situation?  Regardless the opinion of anyone, he has a total right to do what he did.  If you think he should hold his peace and never challenge the decisions of his STAFF then I think it might be you with the problem, not Trump.

Yes he does have the right to do what he did. I think you should research the people who were pardoned in place of just giving your opinion. 

So you think he feels that they were mistreated like him, well maybe that's true, he is use to having criminals around.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, and then said:

I applaud his move to restore these men to an honorable status.

I do not understand how you can justify their actions in being honorable, sorry @and then.  I can honestly only comment on Gallagher as I read through a whole bunch of documents in relation to his court case (Military) a while back.  I've seen some awful things in life with my work, but this sickened me to think a "seasoned" Navy Seal stabbed a young boy.  The boy was an enemy captive at their camp.  I don't want to go into details as to what this fellow did to this boy, but even though he's an enemy captive, I don't think he should've been tortured and eventually killed by this man. I just do not see how they can restore any such honor to a person who has done that.  

I guess this is an extreme example, but isn't it like restoring honor to a Nazi who committed some atrocities during WWII?  I mean, I know awful things go on during wartime, but we should be learning from the past, not allowing these fellows to go (to a certain degree) unpunished. 

Chief Gallagher was accused of multiple offenses during his final deployment to Iraq and during the Battle for Mosul. The most prominent accusation and the best-attested to was the murder of a prisoner of war, a war crime.[5] A captured young fighter of the Islamic State (also known as ISIL, ISIS, and Daesh) was being treated by a medic. According to two SEAL witnesses, Gallagher said over the radio "he's mine" and walked up to the medic and prisoner, and without saying a word killed the prisoner by stabbing him repeatedly with his hunting knife. Gallagher and his commanding officer, Lieutenant Jake Portier, then posed for photos of them standing over the body with some other nearby SEALs. Gallagher then text messaged a fellow SEAL a picture of the dead captive with the explanation "Good story behind this, got him with my hunting knife.”[5]

Another accusation was that Gallagher's sniper work during his 2017 deployment became indiscriminate, reckless, and bloodthirsty. He allegedly fired his rifle far more frequently than other snipers;[2] according to testimony, the other snipers in the platoon did not consider him a good sniper, and he took "random shots" into buildings.[1] Other snipers said they witnessed Gallagher taking at least two militarily pointless shots, shooting and killing an unarmed old man in a white robe as well as a young girl walking with other girls. Gallagher allegedly boasted about the large number of people he had killed, claiming he averaged three kills a day over 80 days, including four women.[1] Gallagher also was reportedly known for indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine gun fire with no known enemy force in the region.[5]

A charge of obstruction of justice was brought against Gallagher for alleged witness intimidation. According to the claim, Gallagher allegedly threatened to kill fellow SEALs if they reported his actions.[2] The Navy cited his text messages as attempting to undermine the investigation, with messages sent to "pass the word on those traitors", meaning cooperating witnesses, and to get them blacklisted within the special warfare community.[5][1] This resulted in him being confined in the brig for a time with heavy restrictions on his ability to communicate, although this confinement was later lessened.[2]

Gallagher was also charged with "nearly a dozen" lesser offenses.[2]

According to the original Navy prosecutor Chris Czaplak, "Chief Gallagher decided to act like the monster the terrorists accuse us of being. He handed ISIS propaganda manna from heaven. His actions are everything ISIS says we are."[3][2]

The fellow had gone over the edge by the sounds of his behaviour.  

Sorry Risky, I think I might have gone off topic.  :( 

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

17 minutes ago, and then said:

One thing I will say is he doesn't need any advisers, because be beleives no one knows more than him. Now that isn't a sign of a big brain or major intelligence, it just foolishness. Because no one has all the answers, well except maybe President Trump.:o

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I do not understand how you can justify their actions in being honorable, sorry @and then.  I can honestly only comment on Gallagher as I read through a whole bunch of documents in relation to his court case (Military) a while back.  I've seen some awful things in life with my work, but this sickened me to think a "seasoned" Navy Seal stabbed a young boy.  The boy was an enemy captive at their camp.  I don't want to go into details as to what this fellow did to this boy, but even though he's an enemy captive, I don't think he should've been tortured and eventually killed by this man. I just do not see how they can restore any such honor to a person who has done that.  

I guess this is an extreme example, but isn't it like restoring honor to a Nazi who committed some atrocities during WWII?  I mean, I know awful things go on during wartime, but we should be learning from the past, not allowing these fellows to go (to a certain degree) unpunished. 

The fellow had gone over the edge by the sounds of his behaviour.  

Sorry Risky, I think I might have gone off topic.  :( 

But, President Trump knows better, obviously everything above can't be Accurate or he would never have pardoned that man.:cry:

Wait and see he will find some way to side track your comments and make President Trump a hero.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'd like to know what his endgame is for this. Is this a spur of the moment trump disaster or was he trying to accomplish something. If so, what? Most officers understand the reason for military justice and accept it? But how many rank and file feel the same way? Was he trying to curry favor with this stunt? So many questions. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Nothing new and it will never stop, too easy to divide and conquer, even more so in this day and age.... 

Hong Kong demonstrators called a Chinese-American journalist a 'yellow thug' and attempted to stonewall her reporting

• Business Insider Link

~

Edited by third_eye
Link description
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'd like to know what his endgame is for this. Is this a spur of the moment trump disaster or was he trying to accomplish something. If so, what? Most officers understand the reason for military justice and accept it? But how many rank and file feel the same way? Was he trying to curry favor with this stunt? So many questions. 

He wants the military on his side when he plays his "I shall not concede to this coup d'état" and sound the clarion for a civil war... 

~

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm not really sure what Trump was thinking even getting involved in these particular cases.  I know he does try to support the veterans and that's fine, but this is a totally different kettle of fish.  Gallagher in particular was not someone who acted "honorable" during his last 2 tours overseas (of which I quoted the allegations above).  Perhaps Trump felt empathy for Gallagher because he was suffering from some sort of service related mental illness, I don't really know.  But then even having a service related mental illness of any sort does not give one the right to commit war crimes either.  

I think I'll give up on this one.  I'll just do my head in trying to think of why Trump would even entertain the thought of pardoning this fellow in particular. This may prove to have multitudes of repercussions in the future with military personnel that may act in the same way that think they deserve the same treatment.  :( 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

He wants the military on his side when he plays his "I shall not concede to this coup d'état" and sound the clarion for a civil war... 

~

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also. Perhaps a little distraction also from the next hearing. Trump is unstable at the best of times. Right now now he's freaking. That makes him even more unpredictable (if that's possible) and prone to further damage. Nothing is off the table right now over what he may do. That's not tin foil territory anymore, boys and girls.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Nothing new and it will never stop, too easy to divide and conquer, even more so in this day and age.... 

• Business Insider Link

~

Yes divide and conquer is certainly the ways things are handled. The sad thing is people forget the past, and that unity is the only real strength that matters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

I think his actions here will get the opposite response from the Military, never forget he's the Brilliant one who knows all. But wait could all this be a way to divert attention away from the impeachment hearings?

• Like 4

I've been surfing some military sites and it seems the men's consensus is that the pardoned prisoner's careers are over regardless of what trump says. I grabbed these to best illustrate. The first is an official response to trumps pardons. The second is from a respected military officer. Oops. Got it topsy turvy. Oh well.

Would you explain how that is shade, please? I am not always a clever man.

Sure.

Becoming a Navy chief is a huge deal.  The number of spots are few, the competition is high.

I worked with a LCDR who was on a recent(ish) panel, and he said it was the hardest job he's ever done.  Because all the candidates were so excellent, it was difficult to find the subset who were the best who would get the promotion.

As such, it's an extremely respected position in the Navy.  (Not to say you don't occasionally find a chief who slides towards the end of their time in the Navy, but it's rare.)

And so a chief is ~always~ "Chief".  Maybe, once in a while, a junior enlisted might get away with "boss" (if the chief is in a good mood).  But the one thing you never do...  and that never is in great big glowing letters, is just call them an E-7.

It's an indication that they've not earned it.  That they're not worthy.

And that tweet is the Navy basically saying, "You can restore his rank.  You will never restore his respect."

And that went out where the entire Navy can see it.

There is no duty station that he'll go to that they won't know "he's not considered a real chief".

The best this Bravo Foxtrot can do now is put in for retirement and go on the ultra-RW speaking circuit.

Because his Naval career is over.  They'll assign him to Adak or Naval Air Station Lemoore or some other shiathole, and not give him anything important again.

It's...  Ensigns aren't going to respect him.

It's that bad

fark_IK1NTTY5lu3gKjisZp6CkhJ-f_k.png

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also. Perhaps a little distraction also from the next hearing. Trump is unstable at the best of times. Right now now he's freaking. That makes him even more unpredictable (if that's possible) and prone to further damage. Nothing is off the table right now over what he may do. That's not tin foil territory anymore, boys and girls.

He already has his spiritual advisers spreading the word of God and the war to "come" 

They're, shall we say... Lock and loaded? 

~

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I think his actions here will get the opposite response from the Military, never forget he's the Brilliant one who knows all. But wait could all this be a way to divert attention away from the impeachment hearings?

When I noticed the change of tune coming from the evangelists early in the days, I could only laugh, now it's not so funny anymore, it will be again when they have some "enemy of the Lord" to target, that's why there is no front runner yet from the DNC? 

~

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I've been surfing some military sites and it seems the men's consensus is that the pardoned prisoner's careers are over regardless of what trump says. I grabbed these to best illustrate. The first is an official response to trumps pardons. The second is from a respected military officer.

Would you explain how that is shade, please? I am not always a clever man.

Sure.

Becoming a Navy chief is a huge deal.  The number of spots are few, the competition is high.

I worked with a LCDR who was on a recent(ish) panel, and he said it was the hardest job he's ever done.  Because all the candidates were so excellent, it was difficult to find the subset who were the best who would get the promotion.

As such, it's an extremely respected position in the Navy.  (Not to say you don't occasionally find a chief who slides towards the end of their time in the Navy, but it's rare.)

And so a chief is ~always~ "Chief".  Maybe, once in a while, a junior enlisted might get away with "boss" (if the chief is in a good mood).  But the one thing you never do...  and that never is in great big glowing letters, is just call them an E-7.

It's an indication that they've not earned it.  That they're not worthy.

And that tweet is the Navy basically saying, "You can restore his rank.  You will never restore his respect."

And that went out where the entire Navy can see it.

There is no duty station that he'll go to that they won't know "he's not considered a real chief".

The best this Bravo Foxtrot can do now is put in for retirement and go on the ultra-RW speaking circuit.

Because his Naval career is over.  They'll assign him to Adak or Naval Air Station Lemoore or some other shiathole, and not give him anything important again.

It's...  Ensigns aren't going to respect him.

It's that bad

fark_IK1NTTY5lu3gKjisZp6CkhJ-f_k.png

Damn they did everything in that tweet but say "this sucks but we're gonna do it anyways"