Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass protest in Iran

DarkHunter

Those here that constantly make excuses for this regime should pay attention to how these PEACEFUL protests are being resisted.  

• Like 4

You can only push people so far until they start pushing back. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

no mainstream media seems to of picked up on the story yet.

They are too busy waiting for Trump to be impeached.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Piney said:

The Iranians will take their country back. Give them time. But let them do it themselves.  

I'd support them in any way possible short of sending in U.S. troops.   That corrupt regime is lodged so well and has nets all over so it will be bloody and those young people could use some weapons and training.  Short of armed resistance they'll never find freedom.  The Praetorian IRGC protects the religionists and the Basij are like Brownshirts.  When enough of the population stands and says this far and no further, any regime can be taken down.

• Like 2

You think the petrol prices are bad ? 

Wait until they can't pay their social security payments... or their pensions. 

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-News/Report-US-sanctions-on-Iran-bring-its-pension-system-to-near-collapse-601668

Keep the pressure up, and Iran will implode within 6 months ! 

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

On friday the Iranian regime increased the cost of gas/petrol by about 50% which has caused wide spread protest throughout Iran.

We seriously need to think about doing the same thing here when they jack the price up on fuel each week eh @Captain Risky 

• Like 2

Just now, Gwynbleidd said:

We seriously need to think about doing the same thing here when they jack the price up on fuel each week eh @Captain Risky 

Petrol is a scam anyway. Its in the governments self interest to encourage higher prices because they make more tax. I was speaking to an executive from BP years ago and i asked why petrol increases overnight if a sheik farts but takes forever to go down at the bowser if the price of oil falls. He went into this spiel about exchange rates and how the oil companies make more money when the price is down. I nearly fell asleep. He noticed and then asked me dead pan if i believed him. I looked him in the eyes and said nah. He thought it was the funniest thing. So if you wanna  go militant and burn a few buses and petrol stations I'm in. :)

But everything is rising. The cost of living is skyrocketing. Im watching Sky news at the moment and the property market is Sydney is ballistic again. small 3 bedroom brick home built in the 60ies on 450 square meters ,10 minutes from the city sold at auction for 2.2 million. Its a case of if you sell your house today you have to borrow money to buy it back the following month. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

You think the petrol prices are bad ? 

Wait until they can't pay their social security payments... or their pensions. 

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-News/Report-US-sanctions-on-Iran-bring-its-pension-system-to-near-collapse-601668

Keep the pressure up, and Iran will implode within 6 months ! 

the price of oil will go up, they'll make more and pay their pensions and Trump will suck up to another brutal dictator and have a BBQ at Mar-a-lago with Kim, Putin and Erdogan.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

the price of oil will go up, they'll make more and pay their pensions

Kind of difficult to do when they have heavy sanctions on that industry and even the individuals involved in it in government ;) 

This government that you think more highly of than you do Trump is SHOOTING protesters to death for complaining.  What does that make you look like?  You watch true evil oppressing innocents and don't lift a finger yet you rage for days over Trump.  And, apparently, you feel justified in that.  Perhaps a day will come when you get a change in perspective by having an Iranian style government in your little piece of paradise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, and then said:

Kind of difficult to do when they have heavy sanctions on that industry and even the individuals involved in it in government ;) 

This government that you think more highly of than you do Trump is SHOOTING protesters to death for complaining.  What does that make you look like?  You watch true evil oppressing innocents and don't lift a finger yet you rage for days over Trump.  And, apparently, you feel justified in that.  Perhaps a day will come when you get a change in perspective by having an Iranian style government in your little piece of paradise.

Funny enough in think the Mullahs and Trump are cut from the same piece of cloth. And get off your soapbox buddy. If it wasn't for Israel and the rapture i don't think you could fault Mullah Iran. They act exactly like any fundamentalist religious state. One that you would gladly wish on the U.S. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

One that you would gladly wish on the U.S. 

I've never said such a thing and the fact that you'd state it so boldly tells me you aren't really interested in understanding anything. You just want to proclaim that your opinion of me defines me.  Not a chance, man.  If you have ANY integrity or honor you will find a citation from my posts to prove what you've said here.  Without it your opinion means nothing.  You are the one more interested in hating a U.S. president than holding vicious murderers of their own citizens to account.  THAT is the truth and everyone here can see it.

4 minutes ago, and then said:

I've never said such a thing and the fact that you'd state it so boldly tells me you aren't really interested in understanding anything. You just want to proclaim that your opinion of me defines me.  Not a chance, man.  If you have ANY integrity or honor you will find a citation from my posts to prove what you've said here.  Without it your opinion means nothing.  You are the one more interested in hating a U.S. president than holding vicious murderers of their own citizens to account.  THAT is the truth and everyone here can see it.

Are you a fundamentalist Christian ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Are you a fundamentalist Christian ? 

CITE THE POST.  Don't presume to know my mind just because of your biases against a given religion.  You made a SPECIFIC statement about me and my belief.  Back it up.

• Haha 1

Since you asked about my faith I say this:  I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  He is the Creator of all and will return to this earth in the future to heal what mankind has so eagerly attempted to destroy.  Then He will RULE and REIGN.  

2 minutes ago, and then said:

CITE THE POST.  Don't presume to know my mind just because of your biases against a given religion.  You made a SPECIFIC statement about me and my belief.  Back it up.

Answer the question and if I'm wrong i will retract. Are you a fundamentalist Christian ?

1 minute ago, and then said:

Since you asked about my faith I say this:  I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  He is the Creator of all and will return to this earth in the future to heal what mankind has so eagerly attempted to destroy.  Then He will RULE and REIGN.  

Well there you go. You prolly have more in common with Iran than you care to think. You must be conservative in issues of family and home. Believe in the holy book, literally. Just like the Mullahs do in Iran. 

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Answer the question and if I'm wrong i will retract. Are you a fundamentalist Christian ?

You want to "classify" me and claim victory.  Why bother?  If you really believe that you can label an individual and state that you KNOW what they think then you are a fool.  Believe as you will but notice that I detailed my belief for you.  Do you imagine you can tell me you understand me better than I do myself?

Just now, and then said:

You want to "classify" me and claim victory.  Why bother?  If you really believe that you can label an individual and state that you KNOW what they think then you are a fool.  Believe as you will but notice that I detailed my belief for you.  Do you imagine you can tell me you understand me better than I do myself?

The only difference is that you choose to worship another God. But at some level you telling me that you wouldn't want America to be a theocracy ? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Well there you go. You prolly have more in common with Iran than you care to think. You must be conservative in issues of family and home. Believe in the holy book, literally. Just like the Mullahs do in Iran. 

I stated what I believe.  To dismiss that belief is your right and your choice.  My belief does not tell me I have a right to kill another if they disagree or worship another God.  Far from it.  You are equating two things that are as far apart as east from west and you feel smug while doing it.  THAT is the major difference between these religions that you think are the same.  I actually pity you.

Just now, and then said:

I stated what I believe.  To dismiss that belief is your right and your choice.  My belief does not tell me I have a right to kill another if they disagree or worship another God.  Far from it.  You are equating two things that are as far apart as east from west and you feel smug while doing it.  THAT is the major difference between these religions that you think are the same.  I actually pity you.

But you have no problem is Israel defending itself with weapons of mass destruction. Would it surprise to learn that Iran has a thriving Christian and Jewish community. They have not been killed or forced out. Unlike Saudi Arabia and Turkey which continue to work against the Christians of the region. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

But you have no problem is Israel defending itself with weapons of mass destruction. Would it surprise to learn that Iran has a thriving Christian and Jewish community. They have not been killed or forced out. Unlike Saudi Arabia and Turkey which continue to work against the Christians of the region. 

Under the Shah there was about 100,000 jews living in Iran, under the current theocracy it's about 9,800.  Wouldnt exactly call that thriving.

As for Christians there are about 370,000 to 1,000,000 depending on what figures you want to use but anyone converting from Islam to Christianity risks being jailed and sentenced to death for apostasy.  Not sure if that can really be counted as thriving per say either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Under the Shah there was about 100,000 jews living in Iran, under the current theocracy it's about 9,800.  Wouldnt exactly call that thriving.

As for Christians there are about 370,000 to 1,000,000 depending on what figures you want to use but anyone converting from Islam to Christianity risks being jailed and sentenced to death for apostasy.  Not sure if that can really be counted as thriving per say either.

Still better off than Turkey and SA. No pogroms or forced extraditions. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Still better off than Turkey and SA. No pogroms or forced extraditions. 

They just refused to give the Jews living in Iran passports and barred them from leaving Iran along with killing their leaders.  The Jews just had to smuggle themselves out of Iran, being forced to leave all their possessions behind.  Should mention a Jew caught trying to leave Iran faced imprisonment or execution.

Interesting you view that as better then what they experienced in Turkey or Saudi Arabia.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1