Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass protest in Iran

DarkHunter

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Nice evasion @Hankenhunter. Now, I will repeat my question. 

Can you give me a single example of any Christian priest urging that non-Christians be killed purely for being non-Christians in the last 800 years ? (with the possible exception of the Westboro Baptist Church ? But then, they want to burn EVERYBODY). 

Im not sure about your obsession with the question but I could give you a couple of anecdotal examples. I could give you many many more of them stopping just short of saying they should be killed but certainly saying their rights should be removed, marginalized, deported etc. AKA dehumanized. 

That is just the mainstream christian mindset and is a conversation happening on some level in most christian churches every Sunday. Honestly why would you expect anything else from people who believe people who dont think like them deserve to spend eternity suffering?

6 hours ago, and then said:

I thought I'd been quite clear in my explanation.  I assume you are about to explain to me what my belief REALLY means?  If os, go ahead but I have to say, it takes a lot of arrogance to try to explain to a person what they believe.

Did you over look post #92, you still haven't answered my questions. If you don't reply I understand and I will leave it alone.

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im not sure about your obsession with the question but I could give you a couple of anecdotal examples. I could give you many many more of them stopping just short of saying they should be killed but certainly saying their rights should be removed, marginalized, deported etc. AKA dehumanized. 

That is just the mainstream christian mindset and is a conversation happening on some level in most christian churches every Sunday. Honestly why would you expect anything else from people who believe people who dont think like them deserve to spend eternity suffering?

Truly ? Well, that is very alarming. We don't have ANYTHING like that in European Christian churches. 

Can you give any examples of specific churches and/or preachers that promote this attitude ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Nice evasion @Hankenhunter. Now, I will repeat my question. 

Can you give me a single example of any Christian priest urging that non-Christians be killed purely for being non-Christians in the last 800 years ? (with the possible exception of the Westboro Baptist Church ? But then, they want to burn EVERYBODY). 

Well, here's a modern day answer to your question. From today in fact. Hope you don't mind the title being posted as I know you dont read links.

From a Pastor. 

Pastor Checks-His-Phone: Christians Can Pray for God to Destroy Trump’s Enemies

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/11/19/pastor-checks-his-phone-christians-can-pray-for-god-to-destroy-trumps-enemies/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

And who does Gods work for him? Christians. Theres your example. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Truly ? Well, that is very alarming. We don't have ANYTHING like that in European Christian churches. 

Can you give any examples of specific churches and/or preachers that promote this attitude ? 

Yeah honestly thats my family. Deacons in the church, volunteer all their free time , frothing at the mouth and actively preparing for the opportunity to murder unbelievers.

I think ill hold off on actual names but cryptically ill say there is a massive baptist temple in a northern city that  fits the bill rather nicely, but it certainly isnt the only one and IMO the smaller they are the worse it seems to be.

Have you ever been in the room when someone tells a racist joke? You know how they look over their shoulder to make sure no one is looking? In my extensive experience with fundamentalist christian, baptist and non denominational christian churches you rarely got any of the negative from the official pulpit, they are aware of the pitfalls of negative PR. They stress "small groups" however where church leadership hosts learning sessions usually at their homes and it is those intimate settings that inevitably turn into an occasion for the leaders to look over their shoulder before saying something they wouldnt want the media to hear. 

Now the defender would be correct in saying its at least all tucked into the shadows and kept from polite society but with it seemingly always simmering beneath the surface would it take much to turn it outward?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well, here's a modern day answer to your question. From today in fact. Hope you don't mind the title being posted as I know you dont read links.

From a Pastor. 

Pastor Checks-His-Phone: Christians Can Pray for God to Destroy Trump’s Enemies

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/11/19/pastor-checks-his-phone-christians-can-pray-for-god-to-destroy-trumps-enemies/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

And who does Gods work for him? Christians.

The question was if you could find a "pastor" who urges his congregation to kill non-Christians PURELY FOR BEING NON-CHRISTIANS. 

Neither this Potty Pastor, nor the Border Guards in your previous post, meet this requirement :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

The question was if you could find a "pastor" who urges his congregation to kill non-Christians PURELY FOR BEING NON-CHRISTIANS. 

Neither this Potty Pastor, nor the Border Guards in your previous post, meet this requirement :) 

My last post in this thread to you. I am surrendering the last word to you. I will make it simple. This Christian pastor is exhorting his congregation to pray to god to destroy his enemies. That means kill. Christians do gods work. Now who would god choose to do his work for him? Are you keeping up? God would choose Christians ( ie: you) to destroy trumps enemies. You, as your posts prove, are eager to fight this percieved foe. I suspect you knew this, and you're being deliberately obtuse about it. I delivered, you lost. See you in another thread. Good day.

35 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah honestly thats my family. Deacons in the church, volunteer all their free time , frothing at the mouth and actively preparing for the opportunity to murder unbelievers.

I think ill hold off on actual names but cryptically ill say there is a massive baptist temple in a northern city that  fits the bill rather nicely, but it certainly isnt the only one and IMO the smaller they are the worse it seems to be.

Have you ever been in the room when someone tells a racist joke? You know how they look over their shoulder to make sure no one is looking? In my extensive experience with fundamentalist christian, baptist and non denominational christian churches you rarely got any of the negative from the official pulpit, they are aware of the pitfalls of negative PR. They stress "small groups" however where church leadership hosts learning sessions usually at their homes and it is those intimate settings that inevitably turn into an occasion for the leaders to look over their shoulder before saying something they wouldnt want the media to hear. 

Now the defender would be correct in saying its at least all tucked into the shadows and kept from polite society but with it seemingly always simmering beneath the surface would it take much to turn it outward?

Hmm.. most interesting @Farmer77. You appear to be surrounded my Lunatic Preachers. Have you considered moving ? 

Those preachers are preaching a doctrine that has no scriptural backing, notwithstanding Paul's allegory of the vines. It is certainly not part of Catholic doctrine, nor of the Anglican Communion. Dunno about Tennessee. 

• Thanks 1

Meawhile, back in Iran... 

I gather a major trigger in the current riots are a huge increase in petrol prices. 

Now, I seem to recall that this has happened before, several years ago ? 

You'd have thought the Mullah's would have learned from previous mistakes. It appears not ? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/dec/19/iranian-riot-police-subsidies-end

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm... most interesting. However, it is worth noting that these "Anglican Puritans" where an extreme group.

Well, I would hope that any group of Christians that  executes Christians of another denomination as heretics is an extreme group, wouldn't you?

In this case, they were a large enough group to control a colony an ocean away from the mother country.  They had power over colonists lives that the long arm of the King's Justice could reprimand but not prevent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Meawhile, back in Iran...  I gather a major trigger in the current riots are a huge increase in petrol prices.  Now, I seem to recall that this has happened before, several years ago ?  You'd have thought the Mullah's would have learned from previous mistakes. It appears not ?  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/dec/19/iranian-riot-police-subsidies-end

What has happened is that Iran has plenty of oil but very little refining capacity.  They rely on petrol imports.  Saudi Arabia is cutting oil prices to hurt them, and the sanctions are finally biting.  We may yet see the Iranian regime fall, and that would be a very good thing.  Iran is all-but a functioning democracy despite the religious oppression written into their constitution.  Iran is certainly more democratic than Saudi, and if the Mullah's fall, it would be great to welcome them back into the free world. I also think that Iranians are getting heartily sick of Islam ruining their lives and molesting their children.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Did you over look post #92, you still haven't answered my questions. If you don't reply I understand and I will leave it alone.

I reread #92.  You asked if I was an unrepentant Christian Zionist and I have answered, YES.  Were there other questions about it?

28 minutes ago, and then said:

I reread #92.  You asked if I was an unrepentant Christian Zionist and I have answered, YES.  Were there other questions about it?

No, thanks that covers it.

Thanks

Edited by Manwon Lender

The internet blackout in Iran has reached 144 hours, the connectivity has been increased from 5% to 15% but that has been for industry and business, no real civilian connection yet.  

More pics and videos are making it online showing what has and is happening.  Not going to link to them but are easy enough to find.

America has sanctioned the Iranian minister of information and communication technology for his role in what has happened so far, more sanctions are to be expected as more information comes out.

Some reports of IRGC/security forces breaking into hospitals to remove the dead bodies of protesters so accurate body counts can not be done while stories of kangaroo courts sentencing those arrested during the protests to be hanged have started.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

These are not confirmed to the best of my knowledge but a story is circulating around the internet that the Iranian government has arrested 7,500 protesters but only 2,800 have been registered with the Iran prison system. 

If true it is a very bad situation for the protesters as the last time this happened was in 1988 were mass arrests were done and those not registered with the prison system were quickly and quietly executed with over 4,000 executed that year.

Edited by DarkHunter

On 11/21/2019 at 5:13 AM, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. most interesting @Farmer77. You appear to be surrounded my Lunatic Preachers. Have you considered moving ? 

Those preachers are preaching a doctrine that has no scriptural backing, notwithstanding Paul's allegory of the vines. It is certainly not part of Catholic doctrine, nor of the Anglican Communion. Dunno about Tennessee. 

Have you noted all his proof is anecdotal?  I have no doubt that some church-going people feel the way he has described.  I also believe that it isn't acceptable in ANY church I'm aware of.  His explanation is based on his biases more than any real evidence.  

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Have you noted all his proof is anecdotal? 

Weirdly I actually started my involvement in the conservation by pointing out that very fact.

Heckuva shot though :tu:

4 minutes ago, and then said:

His explanation is based on his biases more than any real evidence.  

In real life my experiences with them, among others,  created my biases.

Thats how its supposed to work, you have experiences and then form opinions off of those experiences, rather than the other way around

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:03 PM, DarkHunter said:

The internet blackout in Iran has reached 144 hours, the connectivity has been increased from 5% to 15% but that has been for industry and business, no real civilian connection yet.  

More pics and videos are making it online showing what has and is happening.  Not going to link to them but are easy enough to find.

America has sanctioned the Iranian minister of information and communication technology for his role in what has happened so far, more sanctions are to be expected as more information comes out.

Some reports of IRGC/security forces breaking into hospitals to remove the dead bodies of protesters so accurate body counts can not be done while stories of kangaroo courts sentencing those arrested during the protests to be hanged have started.

I feel like we should add internet blackouts to the Geneva convention, or whatever U.N international equivilant, of things that the world agrees should be banned and never used. 

I know a ton of authoritarian governments wouldn't go for it, and that it would mostly be symbolic but still.

Governments ability to blackout it's citizens connection to the rest of the world is sick.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 11:49 AM, Piney said:

The Iranians will take their country back. Give them time. But let them do it themselves.  

Hmmm...

What do you think will happen first?  

1. The Iranians will take their country back.

2. Jesus returns.

1 hour ago, joc said:

1. The Iranians will take their country back.

Maybe. 

1 hour ago, joc said:

2. Jesus returns.

:lol:

• Haha 1

Amnesty international is now saying there are over 200 confirmed dead from the Iranian protests, but unofficial sources from Iran are putting the figure over a thousand.

Apparently forces loyal to the regime have used rather heavy weapons on the protesters, there is a video that seems to show some force loyal to the regime firing a DShk, a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun often compared to the m2 browning, at protesters with the governor and police chief of the region confirming it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Night_watch0/status/1201775986720813056

https://mobile.twitter.com/FourCzen/status/1201803914900844544

There is also another video which I'm not going to link showing an Iranian police officer walking up to a wounded protester laying in the street and shooting him point blank range with some AK style rifle.  Apparently later protesters disarmed and killed that officer.

Seems there wont be an end to any of this soon.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

Ill look for your pearl clutching in threads regarding Saudi Arabia :tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Ill look for your pearl clutching in threads regarding Saudi Arabia :tu:

Last I checked S.A. wasn't working toward nukes or openly threatening our destruction.  If that answer is you cowardly avoiding admitting you support the mullahs then it didn't work.  HUNDREDS DEAD by that regime, just for protesting a government decision.  You are a straight up hypocrite.

16 minutes ago, and then said:

Last I checked S.A. wasn't working toward nukes or openly threatening our destruction.  If that answer is you cowardly avoiding admitting you support the mullahs then it didn't work.  HUNDREDS DEAD by that regime, just for protesting a government decision.  You are a straight up hypocrite.

LOL Sure thats what your feigned moral outrage was about. :rolleyes: We're all here reading your words and then, you hate Iran for your religious reasons, so anything they do is evil and anyone who helps that evil is evil. You dont care that people are dying, you care that people are helping those you hate.

In other words in case you actually did miss it the first time around that was me calling you a hypocrite.

Which brings up a question I have to ask: Have you caught on to the amount of projection from your folks lately? Its really become ubiquitous at this point so I have to know is it a psychopathy, is it just mimicking what the screamers in the media are doing, or is it an intentional tactic that you actually know youre doing?

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 2