Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass protest in Iran

DarkHunter

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

Best of luck to them... 

Bad move poor timing, they couldn't have come up with a worse strategy than just blowing themselves up for "freedom"

~

The fact that you need to contextually qualify the word, freedom, is odd.  Do you have an alternate strategy?  The only power to force change that they possess is the power to resist, even to the death.  Many of them are choosing this.  Is it such an alien idea to you?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Latest:

Iranian police fire tear gas and live rounds against protesters, online videos show

https://www.euronews.com/2020/01/13/iranian-police-fire-tear-gas-and-live-rounds-against-protesters-online-videos-show

Police used tear gas to disperse hundreds of protesters shouting anti-government slogans as chaos ensued in Tehran.

https://news.sky.com/story/iran-protests-escalate-as-public-anger-against-leaders-grows-11907467

Just saw this on the news. Of course, Iran is denying it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/iran-news-iranians-deny-shooting-protesters-today-donald-trump-warning-questions-qassem-soleimani-2020-01-13/

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/13/795940176/iran-denies-that-its-forces-shot-at-anti-government-protesters

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, and then said:

The fact that you need to contextually qualify the word, freedom, is odd.  Do you have an alternate strategy?  The only power to force change that they possess is the power to resist, even to the death.  Many of them are choosing this.  Is it such an alien idea to you?

If you're suggesting this as a good idea as well as the "only" strategy as a qualifier, you're an intelligent fella, but you might as well scoop out your brain spoon by spoon and feed it to some baby infant dying of cancer. 

~

• Confused 1

The Iranian government has cut off internet and jammed cell phone signals from AmirKabir university after locking students inside who were protesting.  Now there are reports of uncover security forces storming the university and assaulting the students trapped inside

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, third_eye said:

If you're suggesting this as a good idea as well as the "only" strategy as a qualifier, you're an intelligent fella, but you might as well scoop out your brain spoon by spoon and feed it to some baby infant dying of cancer. 

~

I'm asking what strategy would you recommend they use?  They have no voice, the government ignores them unless they make someone angry, then they are either jailed or have other unpleasant actions taken against them.  You aren't actually trying to make the point that the government there ISN'T a dictatorship, are you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

The Iranian government has cut off internet and jammed cell phone signals from AmirKabir university after locking students inside who were protesting.  Now there are reports of uncover security forces storming the university and assaulting the students trapped inside

I haven't been able to find a link to this but you are always right. This is not sounding good at all for those students.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

I'm asking what strategy would you recommend they use?  They have no voice, the government ignores them unless they make someone angry, then they are either jailed or have other unpleasant actions taken against them.  You aren't actually trying to make the point that the government there ISN'T a dictatorship, are you?

Definitely not the kind of strategy you suggests for a start, anyways, it's no different than the kind of dictatorships America has imposed on countries all over the world, you should know that 

~

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I haven't been able to find a link to this but you are always right. This is not sounding good at all for those students.

Thanks, but I'm not always right with what I hear.  Not surprising you havent found any links to it as no news agency seems to be reporting on it yet.  So far only information is from locals who are taking pictures and talking about it online.

https://mobile.twitter.com/saeida_h/status/1217199543130804225

That is a link to a tweet that apparently shows riot police trapping the students in the university and it seems that the uncover security forces were the basij militia who have often been used to assault and kill protesters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Thanks, but I'm not always right with what I hear.  Not surprising you havent found any links to it as no news agency seems to be reporting on it yet.  So far only information is from locals who are taking pictures and talking about it online.

https://mobile.twitter.com/saeida_h/status/1217199543130804225

That is a link to a tweet that apparently shows riot police trapping the students in the university and it seems that the uncover security forces were the basij militia who have often been used to assault and kill protesters.

This isn't the first time this has happened to students there. I found reports from other protests when they did this.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:44 AM, third_eye said:

~

Hasn't that hypothetical child suffered enough? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, third_eye said:

Definitely not the kind of strategy you suggests for a start, anyways, it's no different than the kind of dictatorships America has imposed on countries all over the world, you should know that 

~

Piffle. Give me an example ? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Piffle. Give me an example ? 

Conveniently amnesiac suddenly, aren't we? 

~

22 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Conveniently amnesiac suddenly, aren't we? 

~

I am...please be specific. :)

• Thanks 1

Just now, joc said:

I am...please be specific. :)

Oh jeez, I just checked in the bliss lounge, go google the gaga for the gogo... I'm too lazy for repetitious links... 

~

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Oh jeez, I just checked in the bliss lounge, go google the gaga for the gogo... I'm too lazy for repetitious links... 

~

Cool...it was kind of getting lonely in here!

Have a beer and a hot chick on me!

beerhotchick1.jpg.aff8ca76a3d22746301b6cc8135b997c.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, joc said:

Cool...it was kind of getting lonely in here!

Have a beer and a hot chick on me!

:lol: thanks, but You keep the hot chick , you have much need of her more than I do... 

~

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2020 at 7:44 PM, third_eye said:

~

So when someone challenges you to state what the alternative better strategy is, instead of using critical thinking and stating it, this is your response.

A post without any speck of substance. Good job :tu:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

:lol: thanks, but You keep the hot chick , you have much need of her more than I do... 

~

I'm good...just trying to share...

surround1.jpg.c0674cfefbcedc702c80a623bc02b424.jpg

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So when someone challenges you to state what the alternative better strategy is, instead of using critical thinking and stating it, this is your response.

A post without any speck of substance. Good job :tu:

Who are you to challenge anything, what makes you so entitled that your narrative deserves such lofty relevance than previous or common?  

If you are unable to grasp the full stupidity and fluid ignorance of the fact that such a strategy at this point in time is utterly osmotic as it is idiotic, you deserve a guffaw at your request for critical thinking, as if you understand what is critical or thinking, for what matters as a tag along. 

How's that for substance with plenty of sincerity if not totally frank

~

Edited by third_eye
Day uhm awlto kollect
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Who are you to challenge anything, what makes you so entitled that your narrative deserves such lofty relevance than previous or common?  

If you are unable to grasp the full stupidity and fluid ignorance of the fact that such a strategy at this point in time is utterly osmotic as it is idiotic, you deserve a guffaw at your request for critical thinking, as you you understand what is critical or thinking, for what matters as a tag along. 

How's that for substance with plenty of sincerity if not totally frank

~

Your post still has nonething in it stating a better alternative option for Iranians who want change.

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Your post still has nonething in it stating a better alternative option for Iranians who want change.

Here's a thought, why not let they themselves come up with something and you guys stop making lives difficult for them so they can do something about it and then we take things as they come from there, if not, sorry buddy, I don't have spare change for you... 

.~

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Here's a thought, why not let they themselves come up with something and you guys stop making lives difficult for them so they can do something about it and then we take things as they come from there, if not, sorry buddy, I don't have spare change for you... 

.~

Perhaps you forgot your own words.

Best of luck to them... 

Bad move poor timing, they couldn't have come up with a worse strategy than just blowing themselves up for "freedom

You are the one telling the Iranian protesters that they are doing the worse strategy. The Iranians who are themselves coming up with something.

So what is your better alternative strategy since you feel you can comment on their strategy they chose themselves.

For the Iranians who want change?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Perhaps you forgot your own words.

Go read them again, critical thinking required, not included... 

~

You are the one telling the Iranian protesters that they are doing the worse strategy. The Iranians who are themselves coming up with something.

Bad move, poor timing... did they? Or they were forced into action?

The general gets taken out, heads gotta roll, power shifts, jostling for ranks... Yeah, bloodbath, just the way you like it? 

~

So what is your better alternative strategy since you feel you can comment on their strategy they chose themselves.

For the Iranians who want change.

Not bloody enough for you yet? 

~

Edited by third_eye