Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
DarkHunter

Mass protest in Iran

232 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Captain Risky
2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

They just refused to give the Jews living in Iran passports and barred them from leaving Iran along with killing their leaders.  The Jews just had to smuggle themselves out of Iran, being forced to leave all their possessions behind.  

Interesting you view that as better then what they experienced in Turkey or Saudi Arabia.

Okay, life for the Jews in Iran is complicated. Still they're better off there than anywhere else in the Middle East. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter

To get this a bit more on topic, internet has been cut in Iran so it's rather difficult to figure out exactly what's going on, the Iranian government has said they have arrested a 1,000 people responsible for starting the protest, Pompeo has said America stands with the protesters, and America is looking at ways to restore internet to Iran specifically hearing rumors of flying balloons with the needed network equipment attached.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
On 11/16/2019 at 4:03 PM, and then said:

Those here that constantly make excuses for this regime should pay attention to how these PEACEFUL protests are being resisted.  

And those that constantly make excuses for war should be put in the frontline. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
7 hours ago, Setton said:

And those that constantly make excuses for war should be put in the frontline. 

I'm glad you at least want to support getting guys into uniform.  All your other posts sound like a coward making noise to cover his own deficiencies.  Supporting that regime makes you forever tainted with the innocent blood of its citizens.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
5 hours ago, and then said:

I'm glad you at least want to support getting guys into uniform.  All your other posts sound like a coward making noise to cover his own deficiencies.  Supporting that regime makes you forever tainted with the innocent blood of its citizens.  

Still don't support it, still not a coward :sleepy:

But whatever excuse helps you sleep at night. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
On 11/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, and then said:

My belief does not tell me I have a right to kill another if they disagree or worship another God.  

Look, I know enough Bible verses to justify pretty much anything and everything awful anyone would want to do.  You can find justification for rape, murder, genocide, child molesting, killing babies, and other atrocities in the Bible if you know your casuistry.  If you want to kill other people for disagreeing with you about which God to worship, there is plenty in the Bible to justify it.  While the threat of secular law likely plays a part in your choice, the fact is, you choose not to, not because of your religion, but despite it.

On the other hand, if you want to repent of your tolerance and morality and take up the sword in the name of Religious Fundamentalism, allow me to help you along with some quotes you can use to justify the homicide of those who don't believe as you believe: 

John 15:5-6

Deuteronomy 13

Exodus 22:18

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter

Got some unverified news on the Iranian protests.

Supposedly in Fars province, and once again all of this is unconfirmed as internet in Iran is still mostly down so its incredibly hard to verify anything, but if the stuff coming out is true the protesters have burnt down most if not all of the banks in the province, government buildings have been burned down, high casualties, and police and IRGC positions were overran and the protesters have acquired military grade weaponry.

These are some twitter post from Iran that do show a lot of smoke/buildings burning in Iranian cities.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IranLionness/status/1196429168348516352

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaheriKaveh/status/1196436852955324416

https://mobile.twitter.com/IranLionness/status/1196437092135362563

While not proof of the rumors it does suggest stuff is happening in Iran.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IranLionness/status/1196422213781446658

Supposedly they are chanting death to Khamenei while taking down a death to America poster.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter

Reports are starting to come out of members of the IRGC being killed during the protests with atleast one being a commander.  

Also reports that the Iranian regime is trying to downplay the size of what's going on with another reports from non government sources saying there are active protest going on in over 100 Iranian cities.

Also reports of 200 killed and 2000 wounded according to Iran's interior ministry.

Edited by DarkHunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
On 11/17/2019 at 6:13 AM, Captain Risky said:

Still better off than Turkey and SA. No pogroms or forced extraditions. 

And yet.. they mandate a  prison sentence - or the death penalty - for apostasy. 

Tell me the name of ANY country that imprisons somebody from converting to Christianity - or any other religion - TO Islam. 

There aren't any.

Only Islamic countries - like Iran - mandate punishment (including death) for conversion. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
On 11/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, Setton said:

And those that constantly make excuses for war should be put in the frontline. 

That is an utterly bull**** response, @Setton, and you should be ashamed of it ! :(

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
On 11/17/2019 at 6:45 AM, Captain Risky said:

Okay, life for the Jews in Iran is complicated. Still they're better off there than anywhere else in the Middle East. 

ROFLOFLOFL... ummm.. how about.. dunno.. Israel ? :P

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

And yet.. they mandate a  prison sentence - or the death penalty - for apostasy. 

Tell me the name of ANY country that imprisons somebody from converting to Christianity - or any other religion - TO Islam. 

There aren't any.

Only Islamic countries - like Iran - mandate punishment (including death) for conversion. 

No I think you’ll find that most Arab countries also punish for converting to another religion. Hell they jail and kill missionaries in Turkey and Turkey is supposed to be a western Leaning country.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
9 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That is an utterly bull**** response, @Setton, and you should be ashamed of it ! :(

Why? Why should I be ashamed of saying those who call for war without just cause should be the ones to fight it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
20 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

No I think you’ll find that most Arab countries also punish for converting to another religion. Hell they jail and kill missionaries in Turkey and Turkey is supposed to be a western Leaning country.

Just a minor correction there @Captain Risky. They do NOT punish for "converting to another religion". They only punish for converting FROM Islam to any other religion - or none. 

This is a feature of Muslim-Majority countries. Or, as I call them, moral shitholes ! 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
25 minutes ago, Setton said:

Why? Why should I be ashamed of saying those who call for war without just cause should be the ones to fight it? 

This is what @and then said... 

"Those here that constantly make excuses for this regime should pay attention to how these PEACEFUL protests are being resisted.  "

And YOUR response was.... 

"...And those that constantly make excuses for war should be put in the frontline. "

That was - at best - a complete "straw man" response, and completely irrelevant to And Then's point. 

Go and sit in the corner for the rest of the day, with your nose pressed up against the wall. And NO supper for YOU, young man ! 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
12 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

there is plenty in the Bible to justify it.

The Bible is 66 books written by about 40 authors, give or take.  Care to cite some verses justifying killing those who DO NOT ACCEPT CHRIST?  Since He is only obliquely referenced in the OT let's stick with the New Testament please.  I'll be interested to read them because I've never seen one before. I'm certainly no scholar and if you show them to me I'll cheerfully retract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Just a minor correction there @Captain Risky. They do NOT punish for "converting to another religion". They only punish for converting FROM Islam to any other religion - or none. 

This is a feature of Muslim-Majority countries. Or, as I call them, moral shitholes ! 

 

They also love to point out that their prophet told them there is "no compulsion in religion".  He told them that those who chose other than Islam should

- must be made to "pay the jizya [poll tax] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" (9:29). 

In the past this included having your beard pulled while being slapped IN PUBLIC on an annual basis because the act had to be public.  

Yes, it's a lovely religion indeed IF you happen to be Muslim and the right flavor for where you live.  It is a religion that literally could not survive without an enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
53 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

No I think you’ll find that most Arab countries also punish for converting to another religion. Hell they jail and kill missionaries in Turkey and Turkey is supposed to be a western Leaning country.

Is there an Arab country that isn't majority Islamic?  You're in OZ, aren't you?

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/global/australia-new-zealand-oceania/jewish-boy-forced-to-kiss-feet-of-muslim-classmate-in-melbourne-park/2019/10/03/ 

What do you think about this recent event in Melbourne?

ETA- BTW, neither Turks nor Iranians are Arab.  In fact, I think it tends to anger them if one makes that mistake when speaking to them.  

Edited by and then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
25 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

This is what @and then said... 

"Those here that constantly make excuses for this regime should pay attention to how these PEACEFUL protests are being resisted.  "

And YOUR response was.... 

"...And those that constantly make excuses for war should be put in the frontline. "

That was - at best - a complete "straw man" response, and completely irrelevant to And Then's point. 

You'll have missed all his posts calling for war with Iran, whether or not there's justification for it then...? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
15 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Look, I know enough Bible verses to justify pretty much anything and everything awful anyone would want to do.  You can find justification for rape, murder, genocide, child molesting, killing babies, and other atrocities in the Bible if you know your casuistry.  If you want to kill other people for disagreeing with you about which God to worship, there is plenty in the Bible to justify it.  While the threat of secular law likely plays a part in your choice, the fact is, you choose not to, not because of your religion, but despite it.

On the other hand, if you want to repent of your tolerance and morality and take up the sword in the name of Religious Fundamentalism, allow me to help you along with some quotes you can use to justify the homicide of those who don't believe as you believe: 

John 15:5-6

Deuteronomy 13

Exodus 22:18

 

The OT is indeed filled with warlike verses.  It's kind of what people DID at that time, yeah?

Your citation of John is puzzling to me.  Do you equate Christ's admonition to His followers about ignoring or straying from their faithful following to a command for them to kill those who don't believe?  If so, I'll need a little more input.  Where did He tell them to kill those who do not accept Him as God/Savior?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Just a minor correction there @Captain Risky. They do NOT punish for "converting to another religion". They only punish for converting FROM Islam to any other religion - or none. 

This is a feature of Muslim-Majority countries. Or, as I call them, moral shitholes ! 

 

 Ever insinuated that Iran or any other country in the Middle East was any less of a chithole. Just one to a lesser degree. You know try reading the entire thread to get a gist of my point in future...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crookedspiral
6 hours ago, and then said:

The Bible is 66 books written by about 40 authors, give or take.  Care to cite some verses justifying killing those who DO NOT ACCEPT CHRIST?  Since He is only obliquely referenced in the OT let's stick with the New Testament please.  I'll be interested to read them because I've never seen one before. I'm certainly no scholar and if you show them to me I'll cheerfully retract.

For a believer in biblical inerrancy, Holy Scripture is the Word of God, and carries the full authority of God. Every single statement of the Bible calls for instant and unqualified acceptance. Every doctrine of the Bible is the teaching of God and therefore requires full agreement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
6 hours ago, and then said:

Is there an Arab country that isn't majority Islamic?  You're in OZ, aren't you?

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/global/australia-new-zealand-oceania/jewish-boy-forced-to-kiss-feet-of-muslim-classmate-in-melbourne-park/2019/10/03/ 

What do you think about this recent event in Melbourne?

ETA- BTW, neither Turks nor Iranians are Arab.  In fact, I think it tends to anger them if one makes that mistake when speaking to them.  

I find that incident repugnant. If you’re throwing up links irrelevant to the subject looking to profile me all you’ll accomplish is show your biases, Unrepentant Christian Zionist.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
12 hours ago, Setton said:

You'll have missed all his posts calling for war with Iran, whether or not there's justification for it then...? 

Nontheless, you failed to respond to THAT post :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
5 hours ago, crookedspiral said:

For a believer in biblical inerrancy, Holy Scripture is the Word of God, and carries the full authority of God. Every single statement of the Bible calls for instant and unqualified acceptance. Every doctrine of the Bible is the teaching of God and therefore requires full agreement.

Hmm.. true.. but how many churches preach that doctrine ? The Papacy - for example - has been continuously 'interpreting' the bible for centuries. 

There are all those weird rules in the Old Testament about not mixing yarns, or planting wheat next to aubergines or whatever. Or even the one about not working on a Sunday. I doubt that ANY christian communities practice them, and yet they are in the bible ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.