Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
DarkHunter

Mass protest in Iran

232 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

RoofGardener

And here we are, two weeks down the line, and what have the protests accomplished ? 

I believe that the gas price increases - which  triggered the protests - are still in force ? 

Are people still taking to the streets ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter
On 12/17/2019 at 7:50 AM, RoofGardener said:

And here we are, two weeks down the line, and what have the protests accomplished ? 

I believe that the gas price increases - which  triggered the protests - are still in force ? 

Are people still taking to the streets ? 

Second round of protests are supposed to start December 26 according to the people organizing/calling for them, whether they are smaller, match, or exceed the initial protests will be interesting.  

The gas price increase did cause the protest and is still in effect, ironically the jump in inflation that occured because of the tax increase has effectively wiped out the increased revenue from increasing the tax.

As for what they have accomplished that is much harder to say.  More Iranians seem to be speaking out against the leadership of Iran but whether that will mean anything or not isnt clear but the Iranian government seems scared as they have started arresting the close family and friends of those killed in the first protest seemingly out of fear that those killed will take on martyr status.  

Should mention that essentially for cultural reasons I dont fully understand cause I never researched it too much the people killed wouldnt really gain martyr status till 40 days after their deaths has passed as the people closest to them spend the first 40 days mourning their death and not taking action over it.  I probably drastically oversimplified it.

Just to tact this on apparently some internal Iranian government memo about the protest seems to of gotten out that puts the number killed at over 1,500 and has Khamenei directly ordering the IRGC to suppress the protest using any means necessary, in effect giving a kill order.  Apparently #HolocaustbyKhamenei is trending in Iran on twitter.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter

The second wave of Iranian protests have already started in some areas, the Iraniam government is seemingly starting the process of cutting off the internet again, and the IRGC has mobilized battalion and company sized military elements to certain strategic areas to secure them from protesters along with beginning to patrol Tehran on motorcycles in full riot gear. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
8 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

The second wave of Iranian protests have already started in some areas, the Iraniam government is seemingly starting the process of cutting off the internet again, and the IRGC has mobilized battalion and company sized military elements to certain strategic areas to secure them from protesters along with beginning to patrol Tehran on motorcycles in full riot gear. 

Sadly, the general revolt will only begin when the numbers of dead have reached a critical mass of sorts.  I wish we could use satellite or drone surveillance to show the truth of what they are doing to their own people.  That regime is evil.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 hour ago, and then said:

Sadly, the general revolt will only begin when the numbers of dead have reached a critical mass of sorts.  I wish we could use satellite or drone surveillance to show the truth of what they are doing to their own people.  That regime is evil.

Man if only things could change so their people werent suffering financially. 

Can you imagine how evil it would be to make that happen intentionally?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter
9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Man if only things could change so their people werent suffering financially. 

Can you imagine how evil it would be to make that happen intentionally?

Cause the last time money was given to Iran it wasnt like their government used it to finance military expansion while also providing funding to various separatists and paramilitary groups in multiple foreign countries.  

Even on the verge of economic collapse the Iranian government would rather continue funding Hezbollah, Hamas, Houthis, multiple Iraqi PMUs, and fund research and development on ballistic missiles then care for their own people and you think giving them more money would actually help.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Man if only things could change so their people werent suffering financially. 

Can you imagine how evil it would be to make that happen intentionally?

Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet. 

The Iranian pension funds are about to run out of money. Just imagine what will happen THEN ! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet. 

The Iranian pension funds are about to run out of money. Just imagine what will happen THEN ! 

Pain causes change and that is the only thing the mullahs will ever respect.  Even THEY may shrink at wholesale slaughter of their civilians in view of the world they need to do business with.  If not, then those who continue to do business with them are as evil as THEY.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
On 12/26/2019 at 4:15 PM, and then said:

Pain causes change and that is the only thing the mullahs will ever respect.  Even THEY may shrink at wholesale slaughter of their civilians in view of the world they need to do business with.  If not, then those who continue to do business with them are as evil as THEY.

The problem with your post is Trump really isnt a good person for NOT attracting blame.

The world knows why the conditions in Iran are what they are. They know its because Trump pulled out of a deal that the entire world signed on to and they know its because he then placed sanctions on Iran. It was terribly unpopular at the time and as a result EVERYONE KNOWS this is the result of intentional actions taken by Trump. Actions the world viewed as unnecessary.

You cheered those actions. You cheered the setting of the trap that would cause suffering and the very conditions you are now lamenting and calling others evil for having to deal with. The world sees this and they know the real evil in this chapter of the story resides at 1600 Penn ave.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
On 12/27/2019 at 1:38 AM, DarkHunter said:

Cause the last time money was given to Iran it wasnt like their government used it to finance military expansion while also providing funding to various separatists and paramilitary groups in multiple foreign countries.  

Even on the verge of economic collapse the Iranian government would rather continue funding Hezbollah, Hamas, Houthis, multiple Iraqi PMUs, and fund research and development on ballistic missiles then care for their own people and you think giving them more money would actually help.

Yeah and there are 40 million US citizens living in poverty while the Govt 'dedicates' $600 billion (due to be increased to $733 billion by Trump) of its budget to military and defense, which BTW, is equal to the total of the next 8 countries military budget in the world put together and more than half of the it's own discretionary budget spending (for example 66 billion goes to Health, 70 billion to Education and 29 billion to Science). 

You point out the funding of groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah rightly so, how about the US alliance with Saudi Arabia, who funded ISIS and the Salafi or Wahabi mosques preaching hatred towards Western civilisation all over the world and who's Govt is just as murderous and oppressing as the Iranian, if not more?  Oh that's right, ISIS and the Mosques were privately funded.  :P

Your posts are so biased they almost border on gullibility.  What's with your ongoing anti-Iranian rhetoric anyway?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter
17 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Yeah and there are 40 million US citizens living in poverty while the Govt 'dedicates' $600 billion (due to be increased to $733 billion by Trump) of its budget to military and defense, which BTW, is equal to the total of the next 8 countries military budget in the world put together and more than half of the it's own discretionary budget spending (for example 66 billion goes to Health, 70 billion to Education and 29 billion to Science). 

You point out the funding of groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah rightly so, how about the US alliance with Saudi Arabia, who funded ISIS and the Salafi or Wahabi mosques preaching hatred towards Western civilisation all over the world and who's Govt is just as murderous and oppressing as the Iranian, if not more?  Oh that's right, ISIS and the Mosques were privately funded.  :P

Your posts are so biased they almost border on gullibility.  What's with your ongoing anti-Iranian rhetoric anyway?

Saudi Arabia as a state actor did not fund ISIS, they did take steps though to stop private Saudi Arabian citizens to stop funding ISIS either purposefully or by accident.  I get that you have trouble seperating the difference between a state sponsor of terrorism such as Iran and a state that has private citizens that sponsor terrorism such as Saudi Arabia and most other nations on earth.  Even then Saudi Arabia only began funding more militant mosques post Iranian revolution when Iran tried to gain control of the region.

Calling my post bias when you have a long history of literally ignoring everything that implicates Iran and demanding impossibility high level of proof to even consider Iran guilty of doing anything wrong is rather interesting.  Could equally ask what is going on with your Iran apologetic rhetoric, also my post are generally not biased except for when I very clearly state an opinion which by nature of an opinion is biased.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
26 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Saudi Arabia as a state actor did not fund ISIS, they did take steps though to stop private Saudi Arabian citizens to stop funding ISIS either purposefully or by accident.  I get that you have trouble seperating the difference between a state sponsor of terrorism such as Iran and a state that has private citizens that sponsor terrorism such as Saudi Arabia and most other nations on earth.  Even then Saudi Arabia only began funding more militant mosques post Iranian revolution when Iran tried to gain control of the region.

 

And you believe this because.....?  A country that lied to the world about the clear evidence provided by Turkey implicating MBS, hence the SA Govt, in the murder of Khassoggi by even denying initially his murder.  There is no separation because the Govt of Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship and usually dictatorships control everything, Laws, Military and Financial Funds.  But keep telling yourself otherwise to suit your biased arguments.

32 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Calling my post bias when you have a long history of literally ignoring everything that implicates Iran and demanding impossibility high level of proof to even consider Iran guilty of doing anything wrong is rather interesting.  Could equally ask what is going on with your Iran apologetic rhetoric, also my post are generally not biased except for when I very clearly state an opinion which by nature of an opinion is biased.

Impossibility of high level of proof? :lol: It's usually called evidence. 

'Iran apologetic rhetoric' when in the same post I wrote the Saudi's are just as murderous as the regime in Iran.  Just laughable as most of your theories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter

The protests in Iran have restarted now instead of calling for the removal of the tax they want the Supreme Leader removed along with the IRGC.  Seems this round of protests started in Tehran but have over the past few hours spread to other parts of Iran.

Most significant thing to happen so far is the IRGC arresting the UK ambassador to Iran, the IRGC said he was orchestrating suspicious movement in front of an Iranian university.  It seems the ambassador has been released by the IRGC.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
4 hours ago, acidhead said:

 

The gall :lol: What a schmuck !!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The gall :lol: What a schmuck !!!!

you don't agree with what your President said....

you support the strict Islamic Regime.... and their oppression of the Iranian People..?

Like the Western MSM and Trump Detractors all seem to...

I mean... really....?...... the TDS is so bad that you would go that far...

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, bee said:

you don't agree with what your President said....

you support the strict Islamic Regime.... and their oppression of the Iranian People..?

Like the Western MSM and Trump Detractors all seem to...

I mean... really....?...... the TDS is so bad that you would go that far...

Is that what I said Ivan? No not at all.

What I said is he has gall and is a schmuck for saying it and I stand by that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Is that what I said Ivan? No not at all.

What I said is he has gall and is a schmuck for saying it and I stand by that. 

 


Sure you do Nancy.... because .....duh.................. Trump

I think you are loosing the plot ... I hope you are just loosing the plot and not something else
more sinister..

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, bee said:


Sure you do Nancy.... because .....duh.................. Trump

I think you are loosing the plot ... I hope you are just loosing the plot and not something else
more sinister..

 

 

This is the plot bee:

On 12/26/2019 at 1:16 AM, Farmer77 said:

Man if only things could change so their people werent suffering financially. 

Can you imagine how evil it would be to make that happen intentionally?

Trump set the fire and now gaslights "the world" (aka his 40% of followers) by pretending to actually care about the people of Iran. It takes gall to play with lives like that and it takes a real schmuck to pull it off with a straight face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
14 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

The protests in Iran have restarted now instead of calling for the removal of the tax they want the Supreme Leader removed along with the IRGC.  Seems this round of protests started in Tehran but have over the past few hours spread to other parts of Iran.

 

There are some very brave people protesting in Iran....  

And all they want are the freedoms that we take for granted....

:(

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter

For whatever reason Iranian government is going after the UK it seems.  Members of the Iranian parliament are drafting a bill to expel the UK ambassador, basij militia are gathering around/surrounding the UK embassy chanting death to the UK, UK ambassador must be expelled, and UK embassy must be closed.  

Seems the anti-regime protests are still going strong throughout Iran, students are chanting that America is not the enemy that the Iranian government is.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

For whatever reason Iranian government is going after the UK it seems.  Members of the Iranian parliament are drafting a bill to expel the UK ambassador, basij militia are gathering around/surrounding the UK embassy chanting death to the UK, UK ambassador must be expelled, and UK embassy must be closed.  

Seems the anti-regime protests are still going strong throughout Iran, students are chanting that America is not the enemy that the Iranian government is.

Good for them!  Maybe without Solamandeadali...the Mullah's will have no one capable of instigating a massacre.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Latest:

Iranian police fire tear gas and live rounds against protesters, online videos show

https://www.euronews.com/2020/01/13/iranian-police-fire-tear-gas-and-live-rounds-against-protesters-online-videos-show

Police used tear gas to disperse hundreds of protesters shouting anti-government slogans as chaos ensued in Tehran.

https://news.sky.com/story/iran-protests-escalate-as-public-anger-against-leaders-grows-11907467

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

Best of luck to them... 

Bad move poor timing, they couldn't have come up with a worse strategy than just blowing themselves up for "freedom"

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.