Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

STICKMEN the new paranormal trend?

The Eternal Flame

Stickmen truly is the exception to every paranormal rule imaginable. Most people think of experiencing the supernatural as a way of seeing ghosts, zombies, or perhaps bigfoot.

It’s also unlikely that they are extraterrestrial in origin. They are simply there, and they are apparently becoming more frequently seen. Some sites go so far as to say that they are the new “paranormal trend.”

https://anomalien.com/unsolved-mystery-real-encounters-with-stickmen/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, debra odem said:

It’s also unlikely that they are extraterrestrial in origin. They are simply there, and they are apparently becoming more frequently seen. Some sites go so far as to say that they are the new “paranormal trend.”

They are becoming a "meme' planted in our collective memory. Like Greys, or Hat Man. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't recall any 2D stick-men, but when I was a kid I saw a dark figure standing in the kitchen and it looked like this.  I felt an overwhelming sense of evil and I remember several times I was afraid to pass the kitchen door, and I would sing a song to myself and walk passed as fast as I could because I was afraid I would see it and feel its presence again.  Soon after that experience it happened again when I was in the garden and after that I was afraid to look out of my sister's bedroom window which overlooked the garden because I kept expecting to see it standing in the garden again.  Thankfully we moved house a few months later, and I never saw it again.

tarm.png

That said, my Dad was a fan of Star Trek back then, and that monster was featured in an episode.  For years I just assumed that I must have seen that episode as a kid and my mind was playing tricks on me when I was in the kitchen and in the garden.  Since it is a buried memory from my childhood I can't say for certain if I really saw it, or if I was just imagining it being in the kitchen and being in the garden.  Kid's imaginations and all that.  But I certainly remember the evil presence that I felt, because I can still remember what it felt like to this day.  It's like my mind is trying to block it out, and I don't want to try and recall what it felt like each time I try to remember it.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 2

The first thing I thought of here was that old website stickdeath.com which is no longer up.  But it lives on in Youtube with it's creative and very politically incorrect (in today's standards) comedy in short animation files.  Surely I can't be the only one who remembers that website?  It was as funny as bash.org :lol:

I used to think it was hilarious back in the day, but I've grown up now. :P  Who am I kidding...I still find it funny! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

Can't recall any 2D stick-men, but when I was a kid I saw a dark figure standing in the kitchen and it looked like this. 

tarm.png

That said, my Dad was a fan of Star Trek back then, and that monster was featured in an episode.

Coincidence i said exactly the same ting about it i lived the same experience but i share it on twitter long time ago the same picture talking of star trek but my english is so bad i cant talk about it in english its to hard for a long story ...

So whe lived the same experience i was aged 3 to 6 when i see im about 4-5 times me i was unable of talking when i see im...

He seemed attached to an object he follow me from where i moved.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I used to think it was hilarious back in the day, but I've grown up now. :P  Who am I kidding...I still find it funny! 

Death by ping-pong paddle is the bestest. :yes:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what does that mean? 

you must dont receive my message is distorded you cant read them...? edited  sorry bad english !!!

Edited by debra odem

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

The results of an over-active imagination.

(I'm getting bored again...)

nothing wrong with an over-active imagination--- it's when folk try to enforce on me that it's real is when i get bored!

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what?

edited the new answer sorry bad english.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, debra odem said:

edited the new answer sorry bad english.

what change have you made? i'm confused! nothing new;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, debra odem said:

Stickmen truly is the exception to every paranormal rule imaginable. Most people think of experiencing the supernatural as a way of seeing ghosts, zombies, or perhaps bigfoot.

https://anomalien.com/unsolved-mystery-real-encounters-with-stickmen/

I suspect that these stickmen or stickwomen are the children of slenderman, (the people he takes), I think you have heard the bell toll. So you don't have much time left before he visits you:devil:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

Not to add too much fuel to the fire, but this is not so new.  Some Northwest Indians have a tradition of Stick Indians, mischievous or malicious wilderness spirits  who lure people away from trails and get them lost.  I never knew anybody that saw one, but my sample was pretty small.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The first thing that came to my mind is elemental/etheric beings. I think Carlos Castaneda talked about seeing stick figures on this plane. Are they temporarily materializing? Would they cause overwhelming dread/fear?

I wonder if there aren't theories beyond what this article covered.

Papameter on Stickmen    80% Paranormal Entities   20% Misinterpretation/Hoax

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It sure makes it a lot easier when a witness is asked to draw what they saw.

Post of the day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scene at the police station.

Officer; " Now ma'am, tell me exactly what the perp looked like.

Witness "I saw a stickman"

Officer " A stickman? You mean a guy with a stick?

Witness "No, I mean a stickman. You know, a stickman. 

Officer " Ah, you must mean a hockey player. Why didn't you say so?

Witness " NO, Dammit, I saw a damm stickman. Here. *draws picture* 

Officer *looks over his shoulder* " Hey Marty! I gotta nice lady who wants to see the nice white van outside on the inside." *wink*

Witness " Hey, what is this?!...."

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

First there was superman then batman and spiderman, even recently there is slenderman hatman and now stickman. What's next Katman..du!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissJatti said:

First there was superman then batman and spiderman, even recently there is slenderman hatman and now stickman. What's next Katman..du!?

Wellll.... there is, kinda...sorta.:wub:

Catwoman_(Halle_Berry)_8.jpg

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stickmen - for when Slenderman isn't quite slender enough.

Sounds like another product of creepypasta to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1