Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

Leaked Docs Reveal China’s Mass Incarceration

ExpandMyMind

Hundreds of internal Chinese government documents obtained by The New York Times reveals striking new details about the execution of the country’s mass detention of ethnic minorities over the past three years in the Xinjiang region.

The rare leak of documents, described in the newspaper’s bombshell report as “one of the most significant leaks of government papers from inside China’s ruling Communist Party in decades,” details how Chinese authorities have contained as many as one million Uighurs, Kazakhs and other predominately Muslim minorities into internment camps and prisons.

The camps, which began in 2016, were described as China’s answer to fighting Islamic extremism.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/leaked-docs-expose-mass-incarceration-of-muslims-in-china-new-york-times

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

third_eye

One million... 

:lol:

~

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

and then

https://www.businessinsider.com/map-explains-china-crackdown-on-uighur-muslims-in-xinjiang-2019-2

Maybe they're only enslaving half a million.  That'd be MUCH better, yeah? 

I'm hardly an advocate for showing tender mercies to fundamentalist Islam but it doesn't take much research to see that China really doesn't have a problem with it... at least not yet.

That link explains what the oppression is really about.

• Like 1

and then
1 hour ago, third_eye said:

One million... 

~

Is it just the numbers you find unbelievable or do you disbelieve there is a problem at all?  I don't really understand what's happening with this community but with only one major attack with loss of life you can't really classify the Uighurs as a major terrorist threat to China.  It seems more like China taking resources to me.  If the Xi government is interning ANY population of any size I think it speaks of oppression that echoes back to the bad old days of the 40s.  That nightmare didn't end with WWII.  Its time may well be coming around again.  Usually the first indicators are oppression of religious minorities.  One thing for sure about the government in China, it WILL have its way, no matter how many it has to crush.

• Like 1

Piney
2 hours ago, third_eye said:

One million... 

That left me speechless........ and now the Kazakhs are included? :huh:

...Funny, I didn't get any emails from any Qypsaq associates.......maybe they're all in the can....:unsure2:

• Thanks 1

spartan max2

More than 400 pages of internal Chinese documents provide an unprecedented inside look at the crackdown on ethnic minorities in the Xinjiang region.

Linked from the NYT.

Hell of a leak. 

Below is the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/16/world/asia/china-xinjiang-documents.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Edited by spartan max2
  • Haha 1

spartan max2

The authorities appear to be using a scoring system to determine who can be released from the camps: The document instructed officials to tell the students that their behavior could hurt their relatives’ scores, and to assess the daily behavior of the students and record their attendance at training sessions, meetings and other activities.

That is pretty sick and Orewellian. 

This is one item, of the list of things, officials were instructed to tell the students when they got back from university and wanted to know where their family members have gone. 

A effective way for censorship and control. If you speak out then your family is imprisoned for longer.

Sick.

Also,another thing they were instructed to tell the students for id they asked the question.

The line that stands out most in the script, however, may be the model answer for how to respond to students who ask of their detained relatives, “Did they commit a crime?
The document instructed officials to acknowledge that they had not. “It is just that their thinking has been infected by unhealthy thoughts,” the script said.

So they admit that there is no due process.

No actual legal crime needs to be committed. They can just pick you up if they want to for suspecting you.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Haha 1

third_eye
1 hour ago, Piney said:

That left me speechless........ and now the Kazakhs are included? :huh:

...Funny, I didn't get any emails from any Qypsaq associates.......maybe they're all in the can....:unsure2:

Let's do some math economics, let's say three US dollars a day per reeducation detainee, say a quarter of a million security guards per shift, three shifts per day, all that adds up to some handsome sum. 

maybe ROK is paying for it, and the US is footing in for a piece of the greenback 

funny money doesn't stop at American mental shallow shores it seems. 

~

the road less traveled 

[00.01:08]

~

Edited by third_eye
Vid clip
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

spartan max2

Now it was being applied to humans in directives that ordered, with no mention of judicial procedures, the detention of anyone who displayed “symptoms” of religious radicalism or antigovernment views.

The authorities laid out dozens of such signs, including common behavior among devout Uighurs such as wearing long beards, giving up smoking or drinking, studying Arabic and praying outside mosques.

Sounds like signs of religious oppression. Basic tenants of practicing your religion could be enough to get you detained. 

Looks like in the documents, early on with the camps, there was one brave official. Who had a conscious. It takes alot of courage to do the right thing when you know you won't be able to get away with it.

Mr. Wang may have gone further than any other official.

Quietly, he ordered the release of more than 7,000 camp inmates — an act of defiance for which he would be detained, stripped of power and prosecuted.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Haha 1

Piney
7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

funny money doesn't stop at American mental shallow shores it seems. 

I'm banging off a email to the Hermitage to see what the Kipchak situation is in China and if any shovel jockeys are in Xinjiang. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

third_eye
1 minute ago, Piney said:

I'm banging off a email to the Hermitage to see what the Kipchak situation is in China and if any shovel jockeys are in Xinjiang. 

It's all a case of lost in translation on purpose for sensationalist headlines, I  read the original article this "leak" was based on, and it's something from five or seven years ago, based on some projection of where things are leading "IF" conditions does not improve, the Uighurs are working with the special autonomous region authorities to clean up their act, that's why there's a outcry from the tigers and flies about not getting the easy life anymore. 

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

spartan max2
11 minutes ago, third_eye said:

It's all a case of lost in translation on purpose for sensationalist headlines, I  read the original article this "leak" was based on, and it's something from five or seven years ago, based on some projection of where things are leading "IF" conditions does not improve, the Uighurs are working with the special autonomous region authorities to clean up their act, that's why there's a outcry from the tigers and flies about not getting the easy life anymore. 

~

You read the 404 total leaked pages that NYT posted TODAY?

I'm a little skeptical.

Edited by spartan max2

third_eye
3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

You read the 404 total leaked pages that NYT posted TODAY?

I'm a little skeptical.

Read... 

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

I  read the original article this "leak" was based on, and it's something from five or seven years ago,

"article"

"five or seven years ago"

~

You're more a "little" skeptical ...

:yes:

~

• Confused 1

spartan max2
6 hours ago, third_eye said:

Read... 

"article"

"five or seven years ago"

~

You're more a "little" skeptical ...

:yes:

~

The NYT leak consist of 24 different documents, the dates for these documents go up to as far as 2018.

So we now have leaked government documents, to collaborate the stories of escapee/refugees, and the anaylsis of intellgence organization's.

Are you still going to, with a straight face, deny that China is blatantly violating human rights with this situation? 

Edited by spartan max2

third_eye
1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

The NYT leak consist of 24 different documents, the dates for these documents go up to as far as 2018.

The documents are based on reports going back much further...but then you're not interested in the facts are you? 

~

So we now have leaked government documents, to collaborate the stories of escapee/refugees, and the anaylsis of intellgence organization's.

"translated" by intelligence organizations that had no interest in the details, but meh, you won't care either... 

~

Are you still going to, with a straight face, deny that China is blatantly violating human rights with this situation? 

Nope, I am just going to laugh like I usually do and tell you you're not going to know anything more that what you've decided to not know... 

~

• Haha 1

spartan max2
27 minutes ago, third_eye said:

The documents are based on reports going back much further...but then you're not interested in the facts are you? 

~

"translated" by intelligence organizations that had no interest in the details, but meh, you won't care either... 

~

Nope, I am just going to laugh like I usually do and tell you you're not going to know anything more that what you've decided to not know... 

~

You either haven't read the NYT link with the leaks or you are just blatantly lieing.

Keep turning a blind eye and living in denial of the mounting evidence. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Haha 1

third_eye
9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

You either haven't read the NYT link with the leaks or you are just blatantly lieing.

The difference is I have read "more" than what NYT claims are leaks, as for the time being, you're the one that is swimming in the pit of lies, henceforth "lying"

~

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Keep turning a blind eye and living in denial of the mounting evidence. 

I don't know what you're mounting there Mister, hate to break it to you but it sure don't look anything like evidence to anybody but closed minded individuals like yourself, heck, even NYT ain't calling it "evidence" but "leaks"

For your information, the article stops at 2018 because there's this little uncomfortable fact about ISIS that they want to disassociate with your culturally oppressed criminals. Look, you believe what you want, but don't go insulting the intelligence of the members here and embarrassing your country as well as the reputation of the forum. I don't believe anybody takes you seriously as soon as you started making this your concern about the Uighur "cultural" that you care so much about, I don't believe you even know what you're actually saying. :lol:

What and why this is being dug up to distract and deflect.. The BRICS Summit and the New Development Bank, you'd think there's nothing going on at this Summit if you're depending on the media for the "facts" but the truth is, the truth is making the IMF very nervous, so nervous that they don't want you to know anything about :

The New Development Bank, formerly referred to as the BRICS Development Bank, is a multilateral development bank established by the BRICS states. According to the Agreement on the NDB, "the Bank shall support public or private projects through loans, guarantees, equity participation and other financial instruments." Wikipedia
Headquarters location: Shanghai, China
Founder: BRICS
Founded: July 15, 2014, Fortaleza, State of Ceará, Brazil
President: K. V. Kamath
Formation: July 2014 (Treaty signed); July 2015 (Treaty in force)
First president: K. V. Kamath

~

You're welcome 

~

spartan max2

Asked in London about the Times article, Ambassador Liu Xiaoming told a press conference: "I can categorically deny there is such a document. It is sheer, pure fabrication."

Typical CPC trying to gas light the world lol. 

This is why world can't trust anything that comes out the the CPC's mouth. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/11/leaked-chinese-documents-show-details-xinjiang-crackdown-nyt-191118012123369.html