Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

consciousness time travel

Wanderiam

I would like to have a fun discussion on this. No naysayers,cant be done. Do we dare to dream the possible. Could we come up with ways to do this. Leave physical time travel out of this. If time is an illusion and everything happens now. Hard to wrap your head around this. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I want to time jump to the past. On a new timeline that I can avoid a traumatic event that has ruin my life.  I came across my soulmate who is in prison. We connected on many levels. She is into all this as well. I was psychic as a child, and had a spontaneous obe in broad daylight. Would like to hear your input and then I will tell you my story. Thankyou.

Edited by Wanderiam
Spelling
  • Like 1

No naysayers? lol

You're in the wrong place for that.

Welcome to UM! :st

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Wanderiam said:

On a new timeline that I can avoid a traumatic event that has ruin my life.

You can't change the past, only the memory of it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

People hate to struggle, especially with themselves.  Eventually, we figure out that's the whole point of life and it can't be avoided without making things even worse.  Makes for some really enjoyable fiction writing though :tu:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wanderiam said:

If there infinite number of timelines you could resonate to that vibration. That different you that chose a different path in life.

You will not be the different you, you will still be you. And if time is linear. Then you can not see those other path as being real. Only as mere notions or ideas. If you are given the choice between oat meal or cereal for breakfast, you pick oatmeal, the cereal path is gone. It doesn't exist. It only existed as a potential path. Once a choice is made, that path and its results become reality.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wanderiam said:

I want to time jump to the past. On a new timeline that I can avoid a traumatic event that has ruin my life. 

Sad to hear about the traumatic side,  but you are not alone in wanting to change your past. 

It is not possible to change the past,  as mentioned 

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

What you can do is plan your future to the best of your financial and physical   ability ( psychic abilities are not it ) do not let the past stop you planning for a better future.

Difficult to say more without knowing what the event in your past was.

• Like 1

Well the problem with any form of time travel is that if you do this then you would never have gone back in the first place to undo that experience because it never happened. 
You needed this experience to arrive at this point to even have the question of going back.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:55 PM, Wanderiam said:

If there infinite number of timelines you could resonate to that vibration. That different you that chose a different path in life.

There isn't an infinite number of timelines.  There is only the timeline of Now.  There are however an infinite number of different 'aspects' of yourself.  There is you...the marathon runner....there is you...the violin virtuoso...there is you...whatever aspect of you which you could imagine.   The point is...if you want to change yourself...then change yourself...now...because there is no past and there is no future.  It only matters what you do now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately there is no time to jump back to.  A moment in “time” is merely a specific arrangement of the universe. The next moment is another arrangement of the universe achieved  from the previous one according to the laws of physics and thermodynamic flow. To go back in time, you would have to rearrange every subatomic particle in the universe to a previous configuration. Going forward in time is easy, you only need to put yourself into stasis or achieve relativistic speeds, but you can’t go back. 

Now. There most likely is a duplicate universe that is exactly like this one but configured in way that matches the timeline you would like. Getting there is the issue. There are three possible places.

1)The many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics would have these other universes as other potentials that exist in a cloud of superposition. Collapsing that one universe would be quite difficult. The problem is that the many worlds interpretation is probably wrong. The Copenhagen interpretation actually makes better and more accurate predictions. 

2) Eternal inflation will have these universes in our known space but very very very*10^500 far away. Essentially in infinity, the universe you want exists somewhere out there. However, dark energy has the space between you and it expanding at many many  times C. There are a couple of ways to catch it though assuming you could find it. If you had the ability to control the quantum states of every subatomic particle in your body, you could use quantum tunneling to go anywhere you wish. Basically you would put yourself into superposition, then your wave function expands to infinity. Then it’s simply a matter of   recollapsing your function where you wish. Essentially we are talking about teleportation. The other way to get there would be to travel through the tiny dimensions described by string theory. Essential the other 7 or so spacial dimensions are unexpanded like the three that we know. Everything in existence is still compacted in them. This means that the other universes are right here with us already because we too are compacted in those 7. It would be a matter of squeezing yourself out of these dimensions so that there are no energy requirements in these three, locating your universe in the other seven and aligning yourself  with them, then reconstituting yourself in these three only there. Most likely impossible, but maybe a point of consciousness doesn't have dimensions and it could be accomplished mentally. 

3) Under Mbrain theory (a version of string theory) we are in a bubble universe living on the surface of a giant expanded super string. The universe you are looking for would be on another one. Again it would require the ability to leverage the other tiny spacial dimensions that separate us. Again, you would have to give up your residency in these expanded dimensions cross through the dimension that separates the brains, and emerge on the precise superstring you are looking for.

So yeah pretty much all impossible. Since it’s likely we are in a simulation, you might have better luck appealing to our programmer. So basically I’m suggesting to pray. If it’s listening , it might help guide you to a better reality here in this universe and timeline. 

Good luck.