Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Eternal Flame

Static Man - Anyone else see one before?

29 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

The Eternal Flame

I'm curious to find out if I've actually seen something or if it is just my overactive imagination from being overtired. Here's my story which I personally experienced about 4 months ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/dxr3ou/static_man_anyone_else_see_one_before/

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney

Overtiredness will do some freaky things to your senses. I get auditory hallucinations when I'm beat.  

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 minutes ago, acute said:

 Manfred Mann.....

That's terrifying....:unsure2:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
4 minutes ago, acute said:

 Sarah Silverman

Even more so........:cry:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Even more so........:cry:

Stop it!  I have to go to bed soon. :unsure2:

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
37 minutes ago, Piney said:

Overtiredness will do some freaky things to your senses. I get auditory hallucinations when I'm beat.  

I get visual ones. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
1 hour ago, debra odem said:

I'm curious to find out if I've actually seen something or if it is just my overactive imagination from being overtired. Here's my story which I personally experienced about 4 months ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/dxr3ou/static_man_anyone_else_see_one_before/

Read your link. Calling BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
44 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Read your link. Calling BS

A more polite way of responding would be to say that the witness had a big bug splat on one bright light. The resulting shadow thrown combined with good old pareidolia would travel along matching the car's speed. It happened to me, only I thought it was a deer running in the ditch beside me. I felt silly when I figured it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
Quote

keeping pace with my car driving 40mph as it leisurely walked.

 

 

This is very bad judgement. With this kind of judgement while driving I would say it would have been time for the driver to pull over safely and take some rest. 

Being about to judge distances and speeds is important and this driver got it completely wrong. 

I would say the driver was not only tired,  but pretty exhausted to be driving safely. 

The imagination took control here,  that is dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

A more polite way of responding would be to say that the witness...

Pretty much done with being polite.

 

People see what they want to see, and believe what they wish to be true, regardless of truth or reality.

 

And just out of morbid curiosity, what makes this a "static man"? 

'Static' has 2 common usages: one involving electricity, the other indicating a stationary condition ( i.e.: The front lines remained static )

Nothing in this tall tale relates to either definition.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

And just out of morbid curiosity, what makes this a "static man"? 

That's a good question. Nothing that I could see. I can understand your frustration. You've been here a long time, and have seen these type of posts many times. But, they're mostly from newbies trying out their new UM membership. They always seem to settle down or leave eventually. :st

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

And just out of morbid curiosity, what makes this a "static man"? 

Nobody used a dryer sheet with him........

.............sorry. :unsure2:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Walt' E. Kurtz
7 hours ago, acute said:

How many more of these are we gonna get?

Static Man, Hat Man, Considerable Man, ScrumpyJack Man, Mothman, Sarah Silverman, Slender Man, Manfred Mann.....

 

Keith Richards? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
8 hours ago, debra odem said:

I'm curious to find out if I've actually seen something or if it is just my overactive imagination from being overtired. Here's my story which I personally experienced about 4 months ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/dxr3ou/static_man_anyone_else_see_one_before/

I have seen a static man. I think I was 12 years old, my friends I were playing ball at the edge of a field near trees. It was getting ready to rain and there was some thunder and lighting. All of a sudden my friends hair stood straight up, we all knew that lighting was going to strike. So we took off running and within moments lighting struck a tree that we were near before we started running. Needless to say we didn't stop running until we got to our homes.

That was my experience with static man, no joke.

Welcome to the forum.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

e78512b2-c74f-4b7c-8b61-50a323a71484_1.e

"Dr. Wily's at it again." Go mega go!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have seen a static man. I think I was 12 years old, my friends I were playing ball at the edge of a field near trees. It was getting ready to rain and there was some thunder and lighting. All of a sudden my friends hair stood straight up, we all knew that lighting was going to strike. So we took off running and within moments lighting struck a tree that we were near before we started running. Needless to say we didn't stop running until we got to our homes.

That was my experience with static man, no joke.

Welcome to the forum.

Memory is a funny thing.  Especially from when we were very young.  The reality of that story is ...lightening happens when the ionic circuitry is completed.  There is no 'warning'.  And because it is invisible to the naked eye...no one knows where circuits are forming in the atmosphere around us.  And because no one knows...running...can get you struck by lightening quicker than just standing in one place.  If you are running and you run into the end of a dangling circuit...YOU complete that circuit...and you cannot run faster than the electricity going down the circuit...we call that electricity lightening.    

Most probably the wind blew your friends hair straight up.  It wasn't static electricity or lightening or anything of the sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
48 minutes ago, joc said:

Memory is a funny thing.  Especially from when we were very young.  The reality of that story is ...lightening happens when the ionic circuitry is completed.  There is no 'warning'.  And because it is invisible to the naked eye...no one knows where circuits are forming in the atmosphere around us.  And because no one knows...running...can get you struck by lightening quicker than just standing in one place.  If you are running and you run into the end of a dangling circuit...YOU complete that circuit...and you cannot run faster than the electricity going down the circuit...we call that electricity lightening.    

Most probably the wind blew your friends hair straight up.  It wasn't static electricity or lightening or anything of the sor

Signs of an Immediate Strike 

When lightning strikes you or the area immediately nearby, you may experience one or more of these warning signs a few seconds beforehand.

  • Hair standing on end
  • Tingling skin
  • A metallic taste in your mouth
  • The smell of chlorine (this is ozone, which is produced when nitrogen oxides from lightning interact with other chemicals and sunlight)
  • Sweaty palms
  • A vibrating, buzzing, or crackling sound coming from metal objects around you

Here is a link where the information came from.  https://www.thoughtco.com/lightning-warning-signs-3444259

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Signs of an Immediate Strike 

When lightning strikes you or the area immediately nearby, you may experience one or more of these warning signs a few seconds beforehand.

  • Hair standing on end
  • Tingling skin
  • A metallic taste in your mouth
  • The smell of chlorine (this is ozone, which is produced when nitrogen oxides from lightning interact with other chemicals and sunlight)
  • Sweaty palms
  • A vibrating, buzzing, or crackling sound coming from metal objects around you

Here is a link where the information came from.  https://www.thoughtco.com/lightning-warning-signs-3444259

 

Oh wow!  It must be true it's on the internet.  It maybe true... I dont know.  What does any of that have to do with static man? You said you saw static man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
16 hours ago, debra odem said:

I'm curious to find out if I've actually seen something or if it is just my overactive imagination from being overtired. Here's my story which I personally experienced about 4 months ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/dxr3ou/static_man_anyone_else_see_one_before/

Not much for us to make much of a determination. The Stickman thing we recently talked about comes to mind because of the electrical staticky feel people get. The entity would seem to be energetic.

Well, I'll start with Papameter  50% Paranormal Entity    50% Hallucination/Hoax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam

So this person sees a figure that from head to toe looks like "static" from an old television? I'd chock it up to an "overactive imagination from being overtired". (Their own words)

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Signs of an Immediate Strike 

When lightning strikes you or the area immediately nearby, you may experience one or more of these warning signs a few seconds beforehand.

  • Hair standing on end
  • Tingling skin
  • A metallic taste in your mouth
  • The smell of chlorine (this is ozone, which is produced when nitrogen oxides from lightning interact with other chemicals and sunlight)
  • Sweaty palms
  • A vibrating, buzzing, or crackling sound coming from metal objects around you

Here is a link where the information came from.  https://www.thoughtco.com/lightning-warning-signs-3444259

 

Yes, there is a decades old picture to remind us of the danger of static before a strike.   

https://www.nbcnews.com/healthmain/decades-later-hair-raising-photo-still-reminder-lightning-danger-6C107913626c8448108-lightning_mike_and_sean_v6-s.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Edited by South Alabam
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amanda Evans

When driving home after a long shift I see all manner of strange creatures.  

A crouched dwarf (that was a large Rock)

A terrifying demon( A tree stump - tree stumps are actually terrifying).

Nothing real if course

Shadows and light beams....

Bit of a shame really.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
4 hours ago, Amanda Evans said:

When driving home after a long shift I see all manner of strange creatures.  

A crouched dwarf (that was a large Rock)

A terrifying demon( A tree stump - tree stumps are actually terrifying).

Nothing real if course

Shadows and light beams....

Bit of a shame really.

Oh I dunno Amanda.. they sound rather real to me...have you asked for a papameter reading yet? It'll confirm any bias you have.:tsu:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.