Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Conquering Korea Culture

Great Old Man

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

Christians were not persecuted because of religion, they were hunted down because they were traitors and treasonous to the country, plenty of Christians not only live peacefully but many also achieved huge success as well as accumulated great wealth. Leave Jesus out of this, nobody had any problems with Jesus, not even the Muslims

~

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this subject, the only thing they were guilty of is having a banned religion. The last major persecution occurred in 1866, where 8000 Catholics were killed across korea, along with 9 French missionary priests. In 1884 Korea was finally opened to the outside world and Western religions were tolerated. About 30km from my wife's family home is the site were many of those people were tortured and killed. It is now a tourist attraction, and a museum and many of the torture devises are still there. Signs in both English and Korean tell the story of how they were tortured and killed along with how many died there. It's a real nasty place, every year they have a commemorative celebration at the site, I have been there one once a few year ago.

Here is link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Martyrs 

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Old Man said:

What'is more ominous

Former President Roh's Cemetery's also formed 33 pieces of Pyramid.

It could be another cultural invasion.

Hasn't Christianity already done this?

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes it is, it was also used by the Illuminati on top of a pyramid just like the one on the back of the US Dollar. 

That's Freemasonry and they adopted it later.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this subject, the only thing they were guilty of is having a banned religion. 

Ancestral veneration, you deny the ancestors you deny the monarchy, you deny the monarchy, you commit treason, you and your family of nine generations gets the head chopped off. 

~

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, third_eye said:

Ancestral veneration, you deny the ancestors you deny the monarchy, you deny the monarchy, you commit treason, you and your family of nine generations gets the head chopped off. 

~

Thanks I understand now, I did a little research and you are exactly right.

• Thanks 1