Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US softens position on Israeli settlements

BrooklynGuy

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Probably thinking of the Lemba tribe of South Africa, or possibly the Remba which if I'm not mistaken are just Lemba from Zimbabwe instead of South Africa. 

Interestingly the vast majority of Jews do not consider the Lemba/Remba to be Jewish cause in orthodox Judaism to be considered Jewish by birth it has to be through the mother with an unbroken matrilineal line of descent while the Lemba/Remba only test positive for Jewish ancestry through the father's lineage.  Also since they dont practice Rabbinic Judaism they arent viewed as Jews by conversion which is the only other way to be recognized as Jewish by orthodox Judaism.  

Thanks for the information, that's really good to know. I had no idea about specifics of how these people were viewed by the Jewish community, and your information clears a lot up.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

12 hours ago, odas said:

No. The right of return was created by Zionists before Israel was created itself. Therefore, a"group of people" applys also the other side.

Immigration rules that apply only to ones religion, race, nationality are not immigration rules but merely appartheid nazi rules and it does not metter if it is Israel or Saudi Arabia. Appartheid is appartheid.

I think you are mistaken, @odas ? The Israeli Law of Return was passed by the Knesset in 1950 ? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Return

As for  "apartheid" and "nazi rules", that is just hysterical hyperbole. It would be a VERY strange "apartheid" state that has Arabs in the Knesset (about 15% of the membership), including at Cabinet level. Arabs serve as judges in many courts, including the Israeli supreme court. Arabs hold senior positions in the Civil Service, including several Ambassadors. Arabs are in the IDF, including at General level. The deputy inspector-general of the Israeli police is an Arab.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_citizens_of_Israel#Representation_in_the_civil_service_sphere 

A VERY strange form of apartheid ! As for "nazi", that is just Godwins Law I'm afraid :P 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

So using your logic Armenia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, and Spain all have as you put it apartheid nazi rules and are thus apartheid states also since all of those countries also have right of return for their ethnicity.

Yes, but not exclusive to them. That is the difference.

Israels right of return is for jewish descendence only, Palestinian right of return is for Palestinians, regardles of religion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, odas said:

Israels right of return is for jewish descendence only,

That's because it is THE single nation state of the Jewish people.  THAT is why people hate it and want it destroyed.  Palestinians are ARABS who have lived all over the region.  They are Islamic and could be part of any of the 57 Islamic states out there.  For Jews there is ONE.  If they allow right of return to every descendent of those who left in48 tehy'd be outnumbered at the polls and Israel would just be another Islamic state.  That ISN'T going to happen without war.  Deal with it.

6 hours ago, odas said:

Yes, but not exclusive to them. That is the difference.

Israels right of return is for jewish descendence only, Palestinian right of return is for Palestinians, regardles of religion.

The Israeli right of return for Jews is an internal decision made by the elected government of Israel, and is a purely internal matter. 

The Palestinian right of return is an attempt by ONE group (the Palestine Liberation Organisation) to interfere with the internal demographics of ANOTHER state (Israel). There is clearly a difference, no ? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

That's because it is THE single nation state of the Jewish people.  THAT is why people hate it and want it destroyed.  Palestinians are ARABS who have lived all over the region.  They are Islamic and could be part of any of the 57 Islamic states out there.  For Jews there is ONE.  If they allow right of return to every descendent of those who left in48 tehy'd be outnumbered at the polls and Israel would just be another Islamic state.  That ISN'T going to happen without war.  Deal with it.

Ok. There we go again. Religion. Apsolutely no other historical fact, indeed no valid FACT at all to use an excuse. Palestinians are not all arabic, not all islamic. They do not have a spare country. They belong to Palestine. You have no valid point except a fairy tale from the bible.

Deal with that lie that is thousands of years old and keeps killing inocent Palestinian children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

So if the democrats pass a law in the future that any US citizens who vote Republican are to be expelled from the country, you'd be fine with that? 

After all, there are dozens of similar countries you can go to and letting you back in might mean you outvote them.

6 hours ago, odas said:

Deal with that lie that is thousands of years old and keeps killing inocent Palestinian children.

Your beliefs about the situation do not mean you are correct and it certainly will never change the truth of what is happening on the ground.  It is ISLAM that is causing these deaths because the leaders of the Palestinians use religion to claim the land was always theirs.  When their own parents love them more than they hate Jews, the children will be okay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unbelievable this guy.

Here we see the true nature of the fan(atic), like talking to a robot coughing up thesame religiously motivated void soundbites over and over again.

´ When their own parents love them more than they hate Jews, the children will be okay.´

Go on AT, tell us more! :tsu:

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Unbelievable this guy.

Here we see the true nature of the fan(atic), like talking to a robot coughing up thesame religiously motivated void soundbites over and over again.

´ When their own parents love them more than they hate Jews, the children will be okay.´

Nothing more need be said.  When the parents of these kids use them for cannon fodder over religious issues then you can hardly blame others for removing the threat.  The fact that you seem okay with these kids being indoctrinated and used from the time they're kindergartners says much more about you than me.  People who justify murders of random innocents are human debris as far as I'm concerned.    

6 hours ago, and then said:

Nothing more need be said.  When the parents of these kids use them for cannon fodder over religious issues then you can hardly blame others for removing the threat.  The fact that you seem okay with these kids being indoctrinated and used from the time they're kindergartners says much more about you than me.  People who justify murders of random innocents are human debris as far as I'm concerned.    

Actually its quite evident that the indoctrination of hate, is a somthing both the Israel's and Palestinians promote to their children, and with such a incompetent and corrupt government that seems to only still exist by promoting division and stealing Palestinian land in order to garner votes this entire cycle will continue.

On 11/26/2019 at 5:53 PM, Setton said:

So if the democrats pass a law in the future that any US citizens who vote Republican are to be expelled from the country, you'd be fine with that? 

After all, there are dozens of similar countries you can go to and letting you back in might mean you outvote them.

Umm.. I'm not sure how that is relevant to the topic ???? 

12 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Unbelievable this guy.

But @Phaeton80, what @and then has said (which is, I believe, an old quotation from Golda Meyer ? ) is  true. 

11 minutes ago, .AKUMA. said:

Actually its quite evident that the indoctrination of hate, is a somthing both the Israel's and Palestinians promote to their children, and with such a incompetent and corrupt government that seems to only still exist by promoting division and stealing Palestinian land in order to garner votes this entire cycle will continue.

I'm afraid that is not true @.AKUMA.. Islamic jew-hatred and jew-racism is built in to their Scriptures. In particular, the Palestinians teach hatred in their children. Israel does not. (or at least, some isolated Jewish Religious schools might, but the national curriculum does NOT. ). The hatred is mostly one-sided. If Jews hate the Palestinians, they do it because of the murders and rocket attacks. If a Palestinian hates a Jew, it is usually because they are taught from childhood to do so, both in their schools and their mosques. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.. I'm not sure how that is relevant to the topic ???? 

Because it's exactly his argument, applied to another situation. 

It helps if you read the quoted post too. 

On 11/26/2019 at 5:53 PM, Setton said:

56 minutes ago, Setton said:

Because it's exactly his argument, applied to another situation. 

It helps if you read the quoted post too. 

I did. You statement about democrats denationalising anyone who votes Republican has no bearing on the matter.  It's a complete non-sequitur. 

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I did. You statement about democrats denationalising anyone who votes Republican has no bearing on the matter.  It's a complete non-sequitur. 

His argument is that Israel's actions are fine because Palestinians (who of course aren't all Muslims) can just go to any other Islamic country.

So I asked if he would be happy with the same concept applied to him in the US. From his silence, it seems he would not be. 

You're not stupid; I don't believe you can't see the relevance. Presumably you are being deliberately obtuse because you also can't argue against the logic. 

6 minutes ago, Setton said:

His argument is that Israel's actions are fine because Palestinians (who of course aren't all Muslims) can just go to any other Islamic country.

So I asked if he would be happy with the same concept applied to him in the US. From his silence, it seems he would not be. 

You're not stupid; I don't believe you can't see the relevance. Presumably you are being deliberately obtuse because you also can't argue against the logic. 

That's because I don't think the analogy works :) His argument was that Israel is the only country that the Jews can call their own. "Palestinians", on the other hand,  came form Syria, Jordan, Egypt etc etc . Even the PLO admitted that the concept of the "Palestinian" was a construct to help them destroy Israel, at which point "Palestine" would be divvied up between Jordan, Egypt and Syria, as it was prior to the British takeover in 1918. 

Mind you... current Israeli's came from all over the place as well, so I'm not sure how well that argument stands up to scrutiny. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That's because I don't think the analogy works :) His argument was that Israel is the only country that the Jews can call their own. "Palestinians", on the other hand,  came form Syria, Jordan, Egypt etc etc . Even the PLO admitted that the concept of the "Palestinian" was a construct to help them destroy Israel, at which point "Palestine" would be divvied up between Jordan, Egypt and Syria, as it was prior to the British takeover in 1918. 

Mind you... current Israeli's came from all over the place as well, so I'm not sure how well that argument stands up to scrutiny. 

Americans also came from many other countries. Republicans also have plenty of other countries they could go to. 

Keep trying. 

• Thanks 1