Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija board

PeterPan1980

Hi

Little backstory 

I live in a very old and big house in the Netherlands, right behind the house there is a cemetery,  ever since I was a kid I felt that I was never alone in the house that's why I was pretty much immediately interested in the paranormal.

Now I have this ouija board for a few years and never had any problems, it worked almost every time I tried but never asked important questions, it's just that I like doing that whenever I feel lonely or something, not really sure exactly, but here is the thing, I know most of the entity's that usually react but last week a new spirit pushed onto the board called himself Dirk, again I didn't ask like the wrong questions but something is different, he appears like a shadow figure standing behind the curtain, just standing there, he also make really loud noise like slamming the door, he apparently enjoys scarring my dog to, I'm not sure what he is up to and I don't think he's going to do me any harm but I'm definitely not comfortable with it, he keeps me out of my sleep but even when I want to talk to him I won't answer, 

Did I do something wrong? What should I do, shall I send him away or does he might want something? 

Tips are welcome thnx

• Like 3

I know it's not to be messed around with and most of it's history, reading a lot about it for many years but why can't I have conversations with this Dirk? 

10 minutes ago, PeterPan1980 said:

Hi

Little backstory 

I live in a very old and big house in the Netherlands, right behind the house there is a cemetery,  ever since I was a kid I felt that I was never alone in the house that's why I was pretty much immediately interested in the paranormal.

Now I have this ouija board for a few years and never had any problems, it worked almost every time I tried but never asked important questions, it's just that I like doing that whenever I feel lonely or something, not really sure exactly, but here is the thing, I know most of the entity's that usually react but last week a new spirit pushed onto the board called himself Dirk, again I didn't ask like the wrong questions but something is different, he appears like a shadow figure standing behind the curtain, just standing there, he also make really loud noise like slamming the door, he apparently enjoys scarring my dog to, I'm not sure what he is up to and I don't think he's going to do me any harm but I'm definitely not comfortable with it, he keeps me out of my sleep but even when I want to talk to him I won't answer, 

Did I do something wrong? What should I do, shall I send him away or does he might want something? 

Tips are welcome thnx

My tip is that you ALWAYS make it clear that you will only allow benign and loving spirits to communicate or even to enter your house.  It is easy to forget that you have to be clear about your invitation.  It is like a vampire knocking on your door and you yell "come in" without checking to see who it is.  Once invited in the vampire has free reign over your house and you.  (this is an example, not a statement that vampires are real).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PeterPan1980 said:

Never thought about that,  sow your saying that I decide who to appear on the board? 

Yes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thnx that explains a lot,  do you have any ideas what to do with the one you didn't want to come in? 

And that he's making those noises does it means it is a bad spirit?

A Ouija board is just a quirky way to talk to yourself (or in a group, each other).

In 1888, physiologist William Carpenter (1813– 85) coined the term ‘ideomotor effect’ to describe these unconscious muscular actions. Carpenter extended Faraday’s findings to other ostensibly occult instruments. He argued that ideomotor phenomena could explain the mystery underpinning a variety of uncanny objects including dowsing rods, pendulums and the planchettes of Ouija boards – in each case, the ostensibly external forces that operators reported experiencing may have actually been misidentified internal forces.

Carpenter’s experiments showed that these instruments could only provide accurate results if the operators themselves already knew the correct responses. In other words, the Ouija boards never provided answers that sitters themselves did not know, further reinforcing the idea that the energies driving the planchette were internally sourced, rather than externally generated.

https://wellcomecollection.org/articles/XO2LKRAAAENibaF7

Add an old house, and the illusion is complete with sound effects!

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 2

Well than how to explain the name? I don't know any Dirk and I never got a name this fast before 

Edited by PeterPan1980

3 minutes ago, PeterPan1980 said:

Thnx that explains a lot,  do you have any ideas what to do with the one you didn't want to come in? 

And that he's making those noises does it means it is a bad spirit?

I assume you are asking me, so I think you need to learn how to clear your house and clear your mind of fear.  The noises are just to cause you unease, if you ignore them, after investigating and making sure there is no physical cause, like pipes or people messing with you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

A Ouija board is just a quirky way to talk to yourself (or in a group, each other).

Add an old house, and the illusion is complete with sound effects!

That's what I always thought to, believe me it's not 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterPan1980 said:

If @Piney was here, he'd tell you it's just a thought form, and that it can't hurt you, unless you let it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, PeterPan1980 said:

You would be amazed how powerful the mind is when it comes to suggestion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Piney said:

That's true our minds can be very powerful 

• Like 1

Playing with any method to open yourself up to entities or energies or your dark side or angels or aliens or whatever it is you see as being "over there" who may or not be there is much the same thing. Spirits are not all positive or good anymore than all people on the street are. Some of them are very dangerous to mess with, whatever you know them to be. Mind you, nobody believes that until they tangle up with one.

Anybody who gives me doubts and wants to scare my dogs isn't welcome, dead or alive or alien or whatever something is or is not. Throw it out. If you have no religion use a banishing ritual, several are available on youtube. The LBRP is said to work well, though may need to be repeated.

Never answer a phone if you have no clue about how to hang up and block a caller. There are some serious crazies out there.

Most folks on this forum do not believe at all in spirits and they do not believe your experiences are real, so understand the replies and take what works for you and get rid of your shadow buddy there.

Welcome to UM :) 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

And imagination.. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Playing with any method to open yourself up to entities or energies or your dark side or angels or aliens or whatever it is you see as being "over there" who may or not be there is much the same thing. Spirits are not all positive or good anymore than all people on the street are. Some of them are very dangerous to mess with, whatever you know them to be. Mind you, nobody believes that until they tangle up with one.

Anybody who gives me doubts and wants to scare my dogs isn't welcome, dead or alive or alien or whatever something is or is not. Throw it out. If you have no religion use a banishing ritual, several are available on youtube. The LBRP is said to work well, though may need to be repeated.

Never answer a phone if you have no clue about how to hang up and block a caller. There are some serious crazies out there.

Most folks on this forum do not believe at all in spirits and they do not believe your experiences are real, so understand the replies and take what works for you and get rid of your shadow buddy there.

Welcome to UM :) 

Yes I learned that people will never fully accept that until they have any experience themselves, after all I was one of them to, and about my dog, that's a very good point.

Thnx

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PeterPan1980 said:

Yes I learned that people will never fully accept that until they have any experience themselves, after all I was one of them to

In quantum mechanics there is a thing called the uncertainty principle. It means that you can't know both the velocity and the location of a particle. If you know the velocity, you can't know the location, and if you know the location, you can't know the velocity.

That can be transferred to spirituality. You can't know the truth and be spiritual. If you know the truth, you're not spiritual, and if you're spiritual, you don't know the truth.

:P

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

In quantum mechanics there is a thing called the uncertainty principle. It means that you can't know both the velocity and the location of a particle. If you know the velocity, you can't know the location, and if you know the location, you can't know the velocity.

That can be transferred to spirituality. You can't know the truth and be spiritual. If you know the truth, you're a non-believer, and if you're spiritual, you don't know the truth.

:P

Than maybe it's not to be explained by quantum physics,  yet

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The ouija board works through the subconscious and ideomotor effect, it isn't supernatural nor paranormal. 

I laughed at first as thought it said idiotmeter  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PeterPan1980 said:

Than maybe it's not to be explained by quantum physics,  yet

I think you missed the point of my analogy. And btw, It's called 'mechanics' :tu:

2 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I laughed at first as thought it said idiotmeter  :lol:

I expect to see the meter at some point here soon. 

• Haha 3