Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija board

PeterPan1980

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No, PG is being mischaracterized again. He wanted to get a better feel of the room to gather more information towards his judgment of the alleged anomalous photos. 

Fantastic joke!! Basically you hang on to anyones, (who claims paranormal) word. You use a "experience"  as evidence. Without showing proof.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

On 11/29/2019 at 5:56 PM, papageorge1 said:

Seems highly interesting especially with the other Dirk photos and your claims. I would like to see a regular daylight view of the scene to understand better,

I was finally able to film in daylight, but can't upload it here... if you want to see the video I can send you a email,  also made a compilation on YouTube but I'm not sure it can be viewed because I don't have a YouTube channel...

A simple banishment will work. Use something from your own belief system, or the LBRP...you can find it on youtube.

Quit playing with the board and don't try to do EVP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

A simple banishment will work. Use something from your own belief system, or the LBRP...you can find it on youtube.

Quit playing with the board and don't try to do EVP.

I know ouija boards are probably the worst ways to accomplish whatever you trying to achieve and I probably won't use it again but I'm pretty much intrigued by the things that happened, I can't help it but it somehow attracts me...

Just now, PeterPan1980 said:

I know ouija boards are probably the worst ways to accomplish whatever you trying to achieve and I probably won't use it again but I'm pretty much intrigued by the things that happened, I can't help it but it somehow attracts me...

And it won't stop until you quit wanting it to be there.

• Like 2

You're probably right,  but that's kind of the problem,  it keeps popping up in my mind that I don't want it to go away, like there's more to discover and it makes me more and more interested. 

Although most people say that it could be dangerous I don't have that feeling at all... actually,  I just remember something that might be a good reason to quit this ****.... something that happened years ago, she apparently was a medium or something like that, never knew her, she was with some friend of that friend of mine, she went completely hysterical almost immediately after she got into the house asking for  incense and started to clean the house as she called it,  she committed suicide few days after.... don't think it connected should it?

11 hours ago, PeterPan1980 said:

You're probably right,  but that's kind of the problem,  it keeps popping up in my mind that I don't want it to go away, like there's more to discover and it makes me more and more interested. 

Although most people say that it could be dangerous I don't have that feeling at all... actually,  I just remember something that might be a good reason to quit this ****.... something that happened years ago, she apparently was a medium or something like that, never knew her, she was with some friend of that friend of mine, she went completely hysterical almost immediately after she got into the house asking for  incense and started to clean the house as she called it,  she committed suicide few days after.... don't think it connected should it?

Maybe you could get a new, benign hobby, like painting or pottery and train yourself to change your thought loops when you notice that popping into your mind.  It is something you have control over, so don't pretend like it is something else controlling you.  You have to make the choice to banish it from your mind.  But if you don't want to, that is up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just in my mind,  can't take photos and videos from my mind can you? 

Edited by PeterPan1980

Yesterday I capture a door slams shut on camera.... is that in my mind to? Christmas tree lights gone off by itself... a friend of mine doesn't come over to my house anymore... hearing laughing or footsteps, you can kiss my..... with those mind trick nonsense! 

Thanks for your help..... hmm

3 hours ago, PeterPan1980 said:

Yesterday I capture a door slams shut on camera.... is that in my mind to? Christmas tree lights gone off by itself... a friend of mine doesn't come over to my house anymore... hearing laughing or footsteps, you can kiss my..... with those mind trick nonsense! 

Thanks for your help..... hmm

Just remember we were not all scoffing skeptics towards you but the skeptics are the more dominant culture on this forum for some reason.

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

but the skeptics are the more dominant culture on this forum for some reason.

And that is really the most interesting thing, that the investment in the negative is so strong, that it swamps the site. This is a psychological matter, where "allowing" that "woo" might exist, opens up a Pandora's Box that many can't integrate into their world-view.

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

And that is really the most interesting thing, that the investment in the negative is so strong, that it swamps the site. This is a psychological matter, where "allowing" that "woo" might exist, opens up a Pandora's Box that many can't integrate into their world-view.

But why such vehemence against the paranormal? That can really be an interesting question, Some thoughts:

1) Ego over these silly weak minded types. And then when evidence by intelligent people is presented comes the angry rebuff that even becomes immature.

2) Jealousy that some believe a really more optimistic view of reality and claim support of the evidence for their position.

58 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But why such vehemence against the paranormal? That can really be an interesting question, Some thoughts:

1) Ego over these silly weak minded types. And then when evidence by intelligent people is presented comes the angry rebuff that even becomes immature.

2) Jealousy that some believe a really more optimistic view of reality and claim support of the evidence for their position.

It's the thing that keeps me coming back here, to better understand this denialism. It seems to matter greatly, that this stuff be not granted the possibility of existing. But the best explanation I can find, is that it is a germ of a recognition that it is real, probably more unconscious than conscious, that is being fiercely resisted within the psyche of these people, that keeps them beating the "rationalist" drum. The consciously held supposition underpinning that, must be that materialism and metaphysics are irreconcilable, which I don't believe is the case.

So I have inverted the image as I believe it was claimed it was a negative image that was posted earlier.  To me this looks as if there is a shadow in the sunlight. Some chimney-like structure outside is between the sun and the window blind with the brick-print on it. Yes, it does look like hatman in some ways, but I too suspect he is pulling our chains. Shadow figures are normally proper shadows/black masses I think so I would have expected to see that kind of thing.

inverted_hatman.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

So I have inverted the image as I believe it was claimed it was a negative image that was posted earlier.  To me this looks as if there is a shadow in the sunlight. Some chimney-like structure outside is between the sun and the window blind with the brick-print on it. Yes, it does look like hatman in some ways, but I too suspect he is pulling our chains. Shadow figures are normally proper shadows/black masses I think so I would have expected to see that kind of thing.

inverted_hatman.jpg

It looks like it is something standing to the side.  The sun is shining at an angle and there could be something, a person or scare crow (looks more like a scare crow) to the side outside the view of the window.

So now taking pictures of cardboard cutouts outside the sunny window, inverting them and calling them "night vision" is a thing?

Cool, cool. Not really though.

Edited by moonman

On 11/18/2019 at 5:23 PM, PeterPan1980 said:

I know it's not to be messed around with and most of it's history, reading a lot about it for many years but why can't I have conversations with this Dirk? 

You say you know it's not to be messed around with, then respectively why are you messing with it?  It opens the door to not only good spirits, but evil forces as well.  Are you prepared to deal with a force that you didn't invite, but came in with one or more you did?  Whether it be psychological, or perhaps is spiritual/paranormal, I won't even touch a Quija board.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1