Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100s of UK women have had six abortions

Eldorado

"Five teenagers were among hundreds of women who had at least their sixth abortion in Britain last year, Sky News has learnt.

"Data for England, Wales and Scotland also shows more than 140 women had at least their eighth termination in 2018 - an increase of more than a quarter over the previous two years.

"Anti-abortion campaigners said the figures were "extremely alarming" and suggested that recent law changes allowing early abortion pills to be taken at home had contributed to an increase in repeat terminations."

Full report at Sky News UK: https://news.sky.com/story/abortions-five-teenagers-among-women-who-had-at-least-their-6th-termination-in-uk-last-year-11863920

And at Wales Online: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/abortions-nhs-wales-teenagers-terminations-17278423

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

15 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"More than 140 women had at least their eighth termination in 2018"

140 x 8 = 1,120 babies killed.  Imagine what contributions those babies (as adults) could have given to our world and the lives they could have changed through their actions and their offspring for generations to come.  Aborting a child out of safety for the mother is one thing, but doing it because the child will be a burden to their lifestyle should be a criminal offense.

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

140 x 8 = 1,120 babies killed.  Imagine what contributions those babies (as adults) could have given to our world and the lives they could have changed through their actions and their offspring for generations to come.  Aborting a child out of safety for the mother is one thing, but doing it because the child will be a burden to their lifestyle should be a criminal offense.

Yes, imagine. Imagine women in abusive, coercive relationships forced to terminate a pregnancy. Imagine women forced to terminate a pregnancy at home if abortions were to become a criminal offense. Imagine women forced to carry a child they did not want (due to rape, incest, or whatever other reason) to full term. Imagine what these women would have become or contributed to this world if they had not lost their right to choose.

The focus should be on how  some of these women (particularly the teens) can be helped — not how they can be punished.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

I think it's safe to say that a woman who has had that many terminations is using abortion as a primary method of birth control.  Nothing really shocks me anymore.  Of all the madness and apathy and vitriol we experience today, casually ending innocent life is the most egregious.  

15 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Yes, imagine. Imagine women in abusive, coercive relationships forced to terminate a pregnancy. Imagine women forced to terminate a pregnancy at home if abortions were to become a criminal offense. Imagine women forced to carry a child they did not want (due to rape, incest, or whatever other reason) to full term. Imagine what these women would have become or contributed to this world if they had not lost their right to choose.

The focus should be on how  some of these women (particularly the teens) can be helped — not how they can be punished.

Do you believe that they have a legitimate reason for that many abortions?  Is there no concern at all for the lives that have been casually created then destroyed?  Anyone can make a mistake in the passion of the moment but after 6 repeats I'd say someone needs to be counseled on how to avoid more of them.  Offering free hysterectomies would be one idea.  The sad aspect beyond the loss of innocent life is that at some point some of these ladies may actually want children and be unable to carry to term.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

"A child they did not want"

What they 'want' is not negotiable.  Bad things happen to all of us.  The child is the innocent party with no rights to protect itself.  The mother is responsible for that life as it grows inside them, whether she likes it or not.  The least she can do is carry it to term and give it up for adoption.  Give someone else the opportunity to raise it.  My own father was the result of a one night stand and would have been aborted if the laws were made easier back then.  So I would not even be here replying to you if my grandmother had got her own way and aborted my Dad.  Abortion should be the absolute last choice and only as a result of medical difficulties.  All other reasons are just excuses for murder, and in many cases premeditated murder as these women have had 8 abortions.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

The mother is responsible

That is the only statement needed, her body and her decision. No one elses thoughts, motives or agendas need to be considered.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Living on welfare, following their in parents footsteps.  You people live in fantasy land.

• Like 4

140 x 8 = 1,120 babies killed.  Imagine what contributions those babies (as adults) could have given to our world and the lives they could have changed through their actions and their offspring for generations to come.

Because this planet has a real shortage of people doesn't it? What really needs regulating is the right to become pregnant.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

What they 'want' is not negotiable. 

Says who? 

41 minutes ago, and then said:

Offering free hysterectomies birth control would be one idea.

Fixed it for you.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"Five teenagers were among hundreds of women who had at least their sixth abortion in Britain last year, Sky News has learnt.

"Data for England, Wales and Scotland also shows more than 140 women had at least their eighth termination in 2018 - an increase of more than a quarter over the previous two years.

"Anti-abortion campaigners said the figures were "extremely alarming" and suggested that recent law changes allowing early abortion pills to be taken at home had contributed to an increase in repeat terminations."

Full report at Sky News UK: https://news.sky.com/story/abortions-five-teenagers-among-women-who-had-at-least-their-6th-termination-in-uk-last-year-11863920

And at Wales Online: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/abortions-nhs-wales-teenagers-terminations-17278423

The trivialising of casual sex by the liberals has got to stop.

I`m all for abortion to prevent a deformed baby being born, or in cases of rape, or if the mothers health is under threat. In all other cases abortion should be made illegal.

For those people who arent mature enough to behaving sex, then they shouldn't be having it. Lets increase the age of consent to 21.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Can someone explain to me why it is ok to abort a child if the mother was raped?  How does rape disqualify the child's right to live?  If there is a serious medical concern to either child or mother then abortion naturally has to be considered, but if no medical difficulties are expected, then why on Earth should the mother have the right to terminate the child due to rape?  There are also cases when girls get drunk and 'get into trouble' and regret what they did afterwards and convince themselves they were taken advantage of i.e. I was too drunk to remember if I gave my consent to the guy, so I will play the victim and assume I was raped.  I'm going to take a guess that many girls will use that reasoning to justify their abortions in a desperate attempt to cleanse themselves of a guilty conscience, and then they do it again, and again.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

I think it's safe to say that a woman who has had that many terminations is using abortion as a primary method of birth control.  Nothing really shocks me anymore.  Of all the madness and apathy and vitriol we experience today, casually ending innocent life is the most egregious.  

Do you believe that they have a legitimate reason for that many abortions?  Is there no concern at all for the lives that have been casually created then destroyed?  Anyone can make a mistake in the passion of the moment but after 6 repeats I'd say someone needs to be counseled on how to avoid more of them.  Offering free hysterectomies would be one idea.  The sad aspect beyond the loss of innocent life is that at some point some of these ladies may actually want children and be unable to carry to term.

What @Kittens Are Jerks is suggesting is not trying to legitimize multiple abortions, she is suggesting that there are underlying circumstances, social circumstances that cause this kind of need or behviour.  These women could be helped.  If there is something in place that keeps track of how often a woman has an abortion then it would be easy to put into place a protocol to check on the women and find out what trauma or life circumstances they are living in that gives them no other option than to have multiple abortions.  Being a man, you are expressing exactly what the problem is, that you judge the women without ever knowing who they are or why they are in the circumstances that lead to this.  This is a man's doing!!!  Men need to step up and make sure these things are not happening.  This patriarchal/roman society we live in is about to change and you should be part of the change rather than the offal that is discarded to make the change.  You need to re-examine your misogynist values and see how they no longer serve you.

No woman takes the act of getting an abortion lightly.  It is not done for convenience.  Thinking that is akin to thinking that sky divers dive to get where they are going faster.  It is not convenient to get an abortion, it is dangerous and painful and emotionally scarring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Imagine using abortion as a form of birth control and bragging about it on social media. 

That happens a helluva lot more than rape pregnancies. But I applaud this new disdain for human life because women should be able to fall for corporate propaganda the same as men. I mean, it would be crazy if there was like a whole industry built around harvesting little organs. Haha wouldn't that be crazy :rolleyes:

Education. Wait, we tried that with decades of classroom lessons and TV adverts. Hmm...what we really need is something to stop pregnancies before they happen...something easy to swallow...like a pill? I'm just spit-balling ideas here. It's probably easier to get that late term abortion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Inn Spectre said:

Because this planet has a real shortage of people doesn't it? What really needs regulating is the right to become pregnant.

Here here, comrade. Glory to the State

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

"A child they did not want"

What they 'want' is not negotiable.  Bad things happen to all of us.  The child is the innocent party with no rights to protect itself.  The mother is responsible for that life as it grows inside them, whether she likes it or not.  The least she can do is carry it to term and give it up for adoption.  Give someone else the opportunity to raise it.  My own father was the result of a one night stand and would have been aborted if the laws were made easier back then.  So I would not even be here replying to you if my grandmother had got her own way and aborted my Dad.  Abortion should be the absolute last choice and only as a result of medical difficulties.  All other reasons are just excuses for murder, and in many cases premeditated murder as these women have had 8 abortions.

Do you know how many children are in care in your area?  Do you do anything to help them or make sure they are taken care of?  Do you know what it feels like to be abandoned or abused then taken to live in a home where the adults may or may not care about you or your survival?  If you are not part of some type of solution you have no right to judge anyone.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Says who? 

Fixed it for you.

Right, since the men who can't control themselves are not going to fix themselves.  This is not a woman only issue.  This is a societal issue that concerns mens attitudes towards women and men's supposed rights to do as the please with no consequences, the women have the consequences for both and that is wrong.

• Like 2

Can someone explain to me why it is ok to abort a child if the mother was raped?  How does rape disqualify the child's right to live?  If there is a serious medical concern to either child or mother then abortion naturally has to be considered, but if no medical difficulties are expected, then why on Earth should the mother have the right to terminate the child due to rape?  There are also cases when girls get drunk and 'get into trouble' and regret what they did afterwards and convince themselves they were taken advantage of i.e. I was too drunk to remember if I gave my consent to the guy, so I will play the victim and assume I was raped.  I'm going to take a guess that many girls will use that reasoning to justify their abortions in a desperate attempt to cleanse themselves of a guilty conscience, and then they do it again, and again.

Can you make the rapist responsible for making sure the child is cared for?  It is like pulling teeth from a saber tooth tiger trying to get a man held responsible for the rape, much less responsible for the welfare of any child that is born because of it.

Women who become pregnant when they are raped do not always choose abortion.  But if a woman is raped and has no support system then what?  Maybe men's attitudes need to change to eliminate rapes.  Then your conundrum would be moot.

Like some one else said, some of you live in a fantasy land and have no real clue why a woman would choose abortion.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Can you make the rapist responsible for making sure the child is cared for?  It is like pulling teeth from a saber tooth tiger trying to get a man held responsible for the rape, much less responsible for the welfare of any child that is born because of it.

Women who become pregnant when they are raped do not always choose abortion.  But if a woman is raped and has no support system then what?  Maybe men's attitudes need to change to eliminate rapes.  Then your conundrum would be moot.

Like some one else said, some of you live in a fantasy land and have no real clue why a woman would choose abortion.

Well put. I had no intention of replying to that misogynistic drivel, but good on you for doing so. I did, however, want to add just one more thing: trauma. It can last a lifetime for some. Imagine having to endure that whilst also carrying the child of your rapist. But hey, what's a little mental anguish, right?

• Like 4

Right, since the men who can't control themselves are not going to fix themselves.  This is not a woman only issue.  This is a societal issue that concerns mens attitudes towards women and men's supposed rights to do as the please with no consequences, the women have the consequences for both and that is wrong.

I noticed, just as I'm sure you did, that free vasectomies were not put forth as an option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you are not part of some type of solution you have no right to judge anyone.

So you are recommending a 'final solution' i.e. kill the child in order to remove the burden of responsibility?  Choosing life is always better than choosing death.  If homosexuality can be determined while the baby is being developed in the whom, should the mother have the right to abort the child?  It is her body after all.  If she supports ethnic cleansing and does not want a mixed race child, then she has the right to abort it?  If she wanted a boy, but is told she will have a girl, does she have the right to abort it?  Here in Northern Ireland there is great concern that mothers will abort their children if they are told it will have down syndrome.  Since the fate of life and death is placed in the mother's hands, at what point does her privilege exceed to unacceptable lengths?

Edited by Aaron2016

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I noticed, just as I'm sure you did, that free vasectomies were not put forth as an option.

Yeah, it is really hard for single men to even consider that even when they might be free I don't see it until attitudes are changed, which means the  men now have to step up and learn to train their sons to think differently.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

So you are recommending a 'final solution' i.e. kill the child in order to remove the burden of responsibility?  Choosing life is always better than choosing death.  If homosexuality can be determined while the baby is being developed in the whom, should the mother have the right to abort the child?  It is her body after all.  If she supports ethnic cleansing and does not want a mixed race child, then she has the right to abort it?  Here in Northern Ireland there is great concern that mothers will abort their children if they are told it will have down syndrome.  Since the fate of life and death is placed in the mother's hands, what the boundaries and limitations for her to take?  At what point does her privilege exceed to unacceptable lengths?

No, I do not recommend that.  I recommend you change your attitude about who is responsible.  You can't make a decision for someone else without having any real information about why that person is making the choice they are making.  Do you think it is ok for our government to send people over seas to be killed in war?  Is that justifiable in your mind? 

The solutions I was referring to was in relation to helping women who need it instead of calling them murderers and condemning them.  Taking care of children who have no one to take care of them for what ever reason, if not that then at least helping financially so that they have the food, clothes and education they need to be ok.  Talk to them, even that small thing makes a difference as long as you are not putting them down but rather looking in their eyes and acknowledging they exist and deserve to exist.  Are you doing any of that for anyone?

P.S.  I can't believe I have to spell this out.  My previous post you are answering made it very clear what I was talking about. 

Edited by Desertrat56
P.S.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Imagine using abortion as a form of birth control and bragging about it on social media. 

If abortion were used as a primary method of birth control, a typical woman would have at least two or three pregnancies per year — 30 or more during her lifetime.

The stats don't support your off the cuff statements.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I do not recommend that.  I recommend you change your attitude about who is responsible.  You can't make a decision for someone else without having any real information about why that person is making the choice they are making.  Do you think it is ok for our government to send people over seas to be killed in war?  Is that justifiable in your mind? 

The solutions I was referring to was in relation to helping women who need it instead of calling them murderers and condemning them.  Taking care of children who have no one to take care of them for what ever reason, if not that then at least helping financially so that they have the food, clothes and education they need to be ok.  Talk to them, even that small thing makes a difference as long as you are not putting them down but rather looking in their eyes and acknowledging they exist and deserve to exist.  Are you doing any of that for anyone?

P.S.  I can't believe I have to spell this out.  My previous post you are answering made it very clear what I was talking about. 

If the mother can't support her child, then there are services, and benefits that can provide help.  I am referring to the topic which refers to sl_ts and career women who have had up to 8 abortions.  Look at British celebrities like Barbara Windsor.  She couldn't even remember how many abortions she had.  In one interview she said 5, and a few years later she remembered she had 6.  She couldn't keep her legs together.  That is the class of women I am referring to, and yet the public adore her.  There should be a criminal prosecution after the 2nd abortion.  This is partly why family men do not hold much respect for loose women.  In the old days a woman would intentionally get pregnant in order to trap the guy into marriage because she did not want to be left on the shelf.  Nowadays she can just fool around with anyone.  Imagine the poor guy who saw his future with his girl friend and was prepared to marry her, and then he finds out that she aborted their child because she did not want to marry him.  Imagine the mental trauma he was going through.  It's not just a one way street when it comes to emotional pain.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

If the mother can't support her child, then there are services, and benefits that can provide help.  I am referring to the topic which refers to sl_ts and career women who have had up to 8 abortions.  Look at British celebrities like Barbara Windsor.  She couldn't even remember how many abortions she had.  In one interview she said 5, and a few years later she remembered she had 6.  She couldn't keep her legs together.  That is the class of women I am referring to, and yet the public adore her.  There should be a criminal prosecution after the 2nd abortion.  This is partly why family men do not hold much respect for loose women.  In the old days a woman would intentionally get pregnant in order to trap the guy into marriage because she did not want to be left on the shelf.  Nowadays she can just fool around with anyone.  Imagine the poor guy who saw his future with his girl friend and was prepared to marry her, and then he finds out that she aborted their child because she did not want to marry him.  Imagine the mental trauma he was going through.  It's not just a one way street when it comes to emotional pain.

The fact that you use that word to describe any woman indicates where your head is.  You have no clue and choose not to get one.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2