Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vegan Sues Burger King

susieice

A self-described vegan has sued Burger King for allegedly misleading consumers by not informing consumers that its Impossible Whoppers are flame-broiled with the help of beef fat.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/burger-king-sued-by-vegans-for-alleged-impossible-whopper-contamination/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=77283077&fbclid=IwAR3ezR3uDmo_yJERSuycCstarYdpmstYDASkth4ygxG2dzmgh2O1C6RgWNw

• Haha 6

I don't recall any ads for these which stated they are Vegan? Just that the burger is made of plants. 

• Like 8

Burger King has gone over the edge with their therapy meals.  I need to find a youtube of the commercials.  It is ridiculous.

• Like 3

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you want to eat a fake 'burger' then you're a carnivor in denial.

In the 80's I quit eating beef and my allergies went away.  I used to make burgers for the kids and I would fix the bun with mustard and add tomatoes and lettuce and pickles and eat it without the meat.  If the buns were fresh it was just as enjoyable as with the meat.  I tried other things like turkey burger and black bean burgers, those are ok, and I like them better than beef but I usually just stick with chicken.

• Like 2

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

In the 80's I quit eating beef and my allergies went away.  I used to make burgers for the kids and I would fix the bun with mustard and add tomatoes and lettuce and pickles and eat it without the meat.  If the buns were fresh it was just as enjoyable as with the meat.  I tried other things like turkey burger and black bean burgers, those are ok, and I like them better than beef but I usually just stick with chicken.

I grew up on deer burger. Black bean burgers are pretty good. I'm a fish and chicken person myself. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, susieice said:

A self-described vegan has sued Burger King for allegedly misleading consumers by not informing consumers that its Impossible Whoppers are flame-broiled with the help of beef fat.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/burger-king-sued-by-vegans-for-alleged-impossible-whopper-contamination/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=77283077&fbclid=IwAR3ezR3uDmo_yJERSuycCstarYdpmstYDASkth4ygxG2dzmgh2O1C6RgWNw

I think someone should tell that vegan "IT"S FAST FOOD!!!! WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT IT TO BE VEGAN!  Go find a 7th Day Adventist restaraunt.  They do exist."

• Haha 4

Hmm... Should we also make sure that Vegan never reads the ingredient list on the soil his vegetables are grown in, lest he sue the planet?... or heaven forbid, the list of toxins he ingests in every spoonful of salad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

37to39.jpg

That's a little homophobic don't you think. Of course coming from you it certainly is no surprise. Say I heard a rumor you that the only reason you post on here is to Win The Day and that you take screenshots of your likes and blow them up to poster size and hang them on your wall.  I do like you Baby Huey avatar though. You have a peaceful night. 

Just now, BrooklynGuy said:

That's a little homophobic don't you think. Of course coming from you it certainly is no surprise. Say I heard a rumor you that the only reason you post on here is to Win The Day and that you take screenshots of your likes and blow them up to poster size and hang them on your wall.  I do like you Baby Huey avatar though. You have a peaceful night. 

Nope, I have no problem with the image. I don't care if I "win the day". I personally don't care if you have issues with it at all. My avatar is RIck Sanchez. 

• Like 3

One of the best thing I read this month "Adam wasn't naming the animals, he was picking dinner from the menu"

~

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, aztek said:

stink of virtue signaling is rising 

You may be right aztek however I think one could argue that the smell is eminating from his soiled diaper and the Catelyn Burger's special sauce that he forgot to wipe off his chin. :o

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

One of the best thing I read this month "Adam wasn't naming the animals, he was picking dinner from the menu"

~

Im not sure why my initial post offended you as it supported the widely held position by the far left that there are 94 genders and counting. :rofl:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Im not sure why my initial post offended you as it supported the widely held position by the far left that there are 94 genders and counting. :rofl:

What made you cook up the assumption that I was offended? 

:lol:

~

This is a bit off topic but one of my favorite cartoons as a youngster was Baby Huey along with The Roadrunner, Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, Porky Pig and Gigantor. Some of you might remember the Gigantor cartoon series that one could argue was a prequel to The Transformer series. Always a pleasure discussing the top stories of the day with you folks and in the famous words of Porky Pig "bbbt bbbt That's All Folks."

Well it's a soy burger, but its also plant based beef. 

I'd be p***ed because all of these 'Impossible' burgers are supposed to be vegan friendly - that's the point of them - but if you actually read about Burger King's one, you can see they don't claim it's vegan friendly.

So while they're understandably p***ed, they don't have a leg to stand on from a legal standpoint.

• Like 1