Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vegan Sues Burger King

susieice

17 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So THAT’S how they get the beef taste. Makes sense.

I'll never understand this goofy "plant meat" phase our country is going through atm...

Why would a vegan want anything that looks and taste like meat anyway?...go eat a salad and shut up already...

These things are by no means "healthy" either and all the machines and resources used to process them isn't any better for the enviroment than "cow farts"

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'll never understand this goofy "plant meat" phase our country is going through atm...

Why would a vegan want anything that looks and taste like meat anyway?...go eat a salad and shut up already...

These things are by no means "healthy" either and all the machines and resources used to process them isn't any better for the enviroment than "cow farts"

Although I don't disagree with you on the vegan wanting something that tastes like meat, you are absolutely 100% wrong about the resources and the process.  There is a series called "Explained" on Netflix, and I believe it is season 1, episode 2 that is about plant based meat, focusing on Impossible and Beyond Meat.  The resources it takes are so small, and the science behind it is absolutely amazing.  They discovered a certain iron compound that gives the "meat" taste in real meat, and inserted it in to their plant based meats.  The episode also covers lab grown meat.  It's actually pretty interesting.

Anyway, it covers the amount of resources it takes to make a regular burger, and an impossible burger, and it really isn't even close.  Lab grown meat and plant based meat, at the rate the world is consuming will have to take over the market.  Not because of a shortage of animals, but because of a shortage of what it takes to raise the animals.  

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

Although I don't disagree with you on the vegan wanting something that tastes like meat, you are absolutely 100% wrong about the resources and the process.  There is a series called "Explained" on Netflix, and I believe it is season 1, episode 2 that is about plant based meat, focusing on Impossible and Beyond Meat.  The resources it takes are so small, and the science behind it is absolutely amazing.  They discovered a certain iron compound that gives the "meat" taste in real meat, and inserted it in to their plant based meats.  The episode also covers lab grown meat.  It's actually pretty interesting.

Anyway, it covers the amount of resources it takes to make a regular burger, and an impossible burger, and it really isn't even close.  Lab grown meat and plant based meat, at the rate the world is consuming will have to take over the market.  Not because of a shortage of animals, but because of a shortage of what it takes to raise the animals.  

I'll have to give it a watch then...

But i still stand by my "they aren't really that much healthier"...they actually have more sodium than the regular whopper.

3 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'll have to give it a watch then...

But i still stand by my "they aren't really that much healthier"...they actually have more sodium than the regular whopper.

They absolutely are not healthier.  I've read that they are less healthy.  I've never tried one, and have no interest, I love my meat!  I actually just started watching that series a couple days ago, that's the only reason that episode was fresh in my mind.  I highly recommend it.

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

They absolutely are not healthier.  I've read that they are less healthy.  I've never tried one, and have no interest, I love my meat!  I actually just started watching that series a couple days ago, that's the only reason that episode was fresh in my mind.  I highly recommend it.

Considering how much processing that must go into this fake meat I'm not surprised it's unhealthy. If burger king came out with a black bean burger or portobello burger I'd eat it. I did the vegan thing, worst experience ever. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Considering how much processing that must go into this fake meat I'm not surprised it's unhealthy. If burger king came out with a black bean burger or portobello burger I'd eat it. I did the vegan thing, worst experience ever. 

It's actually not much processing at all.  It's the addition of coconut oil and such that is high in saturated fat that makes it unhealthy.  I would never go vegan.  I've literally had 3 ribeyes in the past week.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

It's actually not much processing at all.  It's the addition of coconut oil and such that is high in saturated fat that makes it unhealthy.  I would never go vegan.  I've literally had 3 ribeyes in the past week.

I'm a fish, eggs, chicken person myself. I will eat deer if I get the chance. 

• Like 1

Burger King is the worst place to get anything to eat.  Why would anyone want anything they sell?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Burger King is the worst place to get anything to eat.  Why would anyone want anything they sell?

I've only eaten there once in the past year as i really don't eat much fast food at all,but their "Angry Whopper" was pretty good for a fast food burger.

all of those burger joints are just as bad,  but i like BK better than mc, wendy's, and others. as long as you eat there once in a blue moon, they do not damage you that much. 

i agree with CK, why would a vegan eat something that looks like the food he does not eat?   real vegans do not, they don't want taste of meat, or anything that resemble meat, but posers do.  real vegan would not even touch BK,  they are vegans for health reasons, BK is exact opposite.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I've only eaten there once in the past year as i really don't eat much fast food at all,but their "Angry Whopper" was pretty good for a fast food burger.

How is the "angry" whopper different from the regular whopper?

29 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

How is the "angry" whopper different from the regular whopper?

Jalpeno's,crispy fried onions,jalapeno "sauce"...

Then again i could put spicy stuff on a table top and eat it :lol:

• Haha 1

Just a jerk looking to make easy money. BK should take it to court and after they win sue him for monetary damages incurred.

• Like 2