Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Pleads Guilty To Threatening To Kill Omar

ExpandMyMind

ROCHESTER, N.Y. - U.S. Attorney James P. Kennedy, Jr. announced today that Patrick W. Carlineo, Jr., 55, of Addison, NY, pleaded guilty before Chief U.S. District Judge Frank P. Geraci, Jr. to threatening to assault and murder a United States official, and being a felon in possession of firearms. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, a $250,000 fine, or both. 

Assistant U.S. Attorney Brett A. Harvey, who is handling the case, stated that on March 21, 2019, at approximately 12:20 p.m., the defendant placed a telephone call to the offices of Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, a Member of the United States Congress from the 5th Congressional District in Minnesota, in Washington, D.C. A member of Congresswoman Omar’s staff answered the call. During the call, the defendant stated, “Do you work for the Muslim Brotherhood?  Why are you working for her, she’s a (expletive) terrorist. Somebody ought to put a bullet in her skull.  Back in the day, our forefathers would have put a bullet in her (expletive).” The staff member recalled that the defendant stated, “I’ll put a bullet in her (expletive) skull.”

Carlineo made the threatening call to retaliate against Congresswoman Omar based on her performance of her official duties.  Because he hates individuals he views as radical Muslims being in the United States government, he believed that Congresswoman Omar supports Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood and that Congresswoman Omar’s election to the United States Congress was illegitimate.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/steuben-county-man-pleads-guilty-threatening-kill-us-congresswoman-and-illegally

• Thanks 4

I don't think he'd be the only one after her.  There's a whole bunch of people on her tail for a stack of different reasons. :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmm.  That does bring up the question of where freedom of speech ends and where using social media- such as tweets to incite hatred and violence against someone begins.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Hmm.  That does bring up the question of where freedom of speech ends and where using social media- such as tweets to incite hatred and violence against someone begins.

Sure does. 

This is another reason social media is questionable on a whole lot of levels.  It's full of toxic mouthed people being keyboard warriors on a daily basis.  Pretty sad society we live in today.  How on earth did it get to this stage.

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 8

If it's good for Hongkong it's gotta be good for America 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

i do not see how that particular tweet does any of that.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I'm sure the Left will be quick to make those judgments for us.  The irony is that when people begin being incarcerated over their speech it won't be too long before the first indication there is a problem will be when they arrive to tape off the crime scene.  Barking dogs and all that...

• Like 1

People are quick to dismiss right wing media when they report violence against conservatives. They don't bother to do any research at all. It's become quite common and more violent. Here is a mild example...

Woman gets 15 days for throwing cup at Matt Gaetz

Amanda Kondrat’yev pleaded guilty to assault in August and had faced up to a year in jail.

PENSACOLA — A woman has been sentenced to 15 days in federal custody for throwing a sports drink at a Florida congressman who frequently appears on television supporting President Donald Trump.

Federal court records show that 35-year-old Amanda Kondrat'yev was sentenced last Monday in Pensacola. Her confinement is scheduled to begin Dec. 2.

Kondrat'yev pleaded guilty to assault in August. She had faced up to a year in prison.

Another repugnant more serious incident...

Conservative journalist Andy Ngo says assault involving Antifa resulted in brain injury

A conservative journalist who says he was assaulted by an antifascist group during protests in Portland, Ore., last month told Hill.TV that he suffered brain injuries as a result of the incident.

“The cuts and bruising on my face have mostly healed,” Andy Ngo, an editor at the website Quillette, said during an interview Thursday. “The most serious injury to me was my brain in the course of the mob beating, so going forward I will be having various forms of neurophysical therapy and speech therapy to address some of the neurological challenges that I’ll be having."

Ngo made headlines in June after he said he was attacked by the antifascist group Antifa, which was protesting a march held by the Proud Boys, a far-right group.

The Portland Police Bureau have said three people were arrested in connection with the violent clashes that left Ngo and two other people hospitalized.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/454712-conservative-journalist-andy-ngo-says-antifa-attack-resulted-in-brain-injury

Call Andy a white supremacist...idiots.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That's what I'm talking about...blowing it off like it is nothing and laughing. 

Eric Clanton takes 3-year probation deal in Berkeley rally bike lock assault case

A former East Bay college philosophy professor who was charged with four counts of felony assault with a deadly weapon, causing great bodily injury, has taken a deal resulting in three years of probation for an attack at a Berkeley protest last year, court records reveal.

Eric Clanton had been linked by police to violent assaults with a metal bike lock during a “free speech” rally in Berkeley on April 15, 2017. Before his arrest, Clanton had been “outed” online, on the website 4chan, as someone who used a bike lock to strike a man in the head. The assault was captured in a video clip (below) that drew widespread attention and anger after it was posted on YouTube.

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/08/08/eric-clanton-takes-3-year-probation-deal-in-berkeley-rally-bike-lock-assault-case

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Michelle said:

That's what I'm talking about...blowing it off like it is nothing and laughing. 

Eric Clanton takes 3-year probation deal in Berkeley rally bike lock assault case

A former East Bay college philosophy professor who was charged with four counts of felony assault with a deadly weapon, causing great bodily injury, has taken a deal resulting in three years of probation for an attack at a Berkeley protest last year, court records reveal.

Eric Clanton had been linked by police to violent assaults with a metal bike lock during a “free speech” rally in Berkeley on April 15, 2017. Before his arrest, Clanton had been “outed” online, on the website 4chan, as someone who used a bike lock to strike a man in the head. The assault was captured in a video clip (below) that drew widespread attention and anger after it was posted on YouTube.

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/08/08/eric-clanton-takes-3-year-probation-deal-in-berkeley-rally-bike-lock-assault-case

No the laughing was at you and the tactic not the subject matter. Any time theres a mention of right wing violence you drag out the victim card with "but antifa" and try and derail the thread. (despite the many obvious ways that analogy falls laughably short......just about every time)

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 1

It irritates me that you people keep trying to always paint conservatives as the aggressors. Clean your own house before casting stones and, by the way, put me on ignore.

I don't want anything more to do with you, farmer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

It irritates me that you people keep trying to always paint conservatives as the aggressors. Clean your own house before casting stones and, by the way, put me on ignore.

I don't want anything more to do with you, farmer.

All of the extremist killings in the US in 2018 had links to right-wing extremism, according to new report

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You don't get it, do you? Just like my racist friend, I tried to convert, by inviting him to my house and interacting with different ethnicities. He was a lost cause and so are you.

I'm done with people like you. Put me on ignore.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

You don't get it, do you? Just like my racist friend, I tried to convert, by inviting him to my house and interacting with different ethnicities. He was a lost cause and so are you.

Get what? That you dont like facts that may be negative towards your side? Youve driven that point home quite nicely through the aforementioned behaviors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, aztek said:

i do not see how that particular tweet does any of that.

I think it's because there is always someone somewhere on a social media outlet of sorts, attacking someone else for some random reason.  Oh but it's an important reason to the person throwing out the attacks.  I find now it's kinda like a bunch of people beating their heads up against a brick wall.  So repetitive from all sides of the social media spectrum. 

14 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Oh @Michelle at least you should feel good that you actually tried which is a lot more than a lot of people do.  Some people just write-off folks like that without a second look-in.  Good for you for giving it a go, even if it didn't work out the way you'd hoped. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Sure does. 

This is another reason social media is questionable on a whole lot of levels.  It's full of toxic mouthed people being keyboard warriors on a daily basis.  Pretty sad society we live in today.  How on earth did it get to this stage.

Decades of Republican anti liberal propaganda cast America wide through local radio and tv stations ,oh yea and fox news, are coming to a head.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Oh @Michelle at least you should feel good that you actually tried which is a lot more than a lot of people do.  Some people just write-off folks like that without a second look-in.  Good for you for giving it a go, even if it didn't work out the way you'd hoped. :yes:

It does work out well for the most part. We have as many as 75 people in and out on Christmas Day. We have a small family, and I do go to the extreme decorating, :suso we started inviting people who didn't have any family. It has grown to a very eclectic group and there are some eye-opening revelations. :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It has grown to a very eclectic group and there are some eye-opening revelations. :P

Eclectic groups are often the most fun to be around!  So many non-mainstream ideas - fantastic discussion for the creatives/arty types. :D  Wow, what a lovely thing to do - inviting ppl without family.  That's something I'd never do, but only because I don't like mess and I'm a germaphobe.  Too many ppl to clean up after.  Gosh I'm a crone! :lol:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Eclectic groups are often the most fun to be around!  So many non-mainstream ideas - fantastic discussion for the creatives/arty types. :D  Wow, what a lovely thing to do - inviting ppl without family.  That's something I'd never do, but only because I don't like mess and I'm a germaphobe.  Too many ppl to clean up after.  Gosh I'm a crone! :lol:

I'm a little bit of a clean freak and have to overcome it for a day...or two. When they start coming at 11 AM and don't leave until 3 the next morning I get to where I don't care too much about the mess. :lol:

Edited by Michelle
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I don't think he'd be the only one after her.  There's a whole bunch of people on her tail for a stack of different reasons. :wacko:

Only for one reason, really. She's Muslim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

No the laughing was at you and the tactic not the subject matter. Any time theres a mention of right wing violence you drag out the victim card with "but antifa" and try and derail the thread. (despite the many obvious ways that analogy falls laughably short......just about every time)

They have a sum total of 1 Antifa attack to use. It must have been linked on here hundreds of times. 

Meanwhile the FBI acknowledge that the rise of far right extremism and terrorism is the biggest problem facing them. But you're supposed to worry about a single baseball bat attack and some woman who threw a cup.

The Anti-Defamation League recently reported that right-wing extremists were linked to more murders in the United States (at least 50) in 2018 than in any other year since 1995, when Timothy McVeigh bombed an Oklahoma City federal building. The organization also found that in the past decade, roughly 73 percent of extremist-related fatalities have been associated with domestic right-wing extremists, relative to about 23 percent attributed to Islamist extremists.

Such extremists have been tied to deadly rampages over the past year at synagogues in Pittsburgh and Poway, California, and possibly to a mass shooting just last week at a garlic festival in California. The statement posted shortly before the El Paso shooting cited the live-streamed assault on two mosques in New Zealand earlier this year, along with that perpetrator’s sprawling white-nationalist manifesto, as inspiration. (The motive for a killing spree in Dayton, Ohio, mere hours after the El Paso shooting isn’t yet clear.)

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/08/how-can-fbi-fight-far-right-extremism-ideology/595435/

Hmm. 100 minus 73, minus 23... That leaves how many percent to be shared out among the rest? 4%, of which not even all will be 'liberal'.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

::lol: You talk so much ****, Michelle.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

It doesn't work that way. I'm not putting you on ignore because you make great contributions all over the board. Politics isn't for everyone. It should be but it isnt. Making voting mandatory would help a great deal. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Only for one reason, really. She's Muslim.

And she dared to have a fling with a Caucasian man. The audacity. *runs to fetch pearls on convenient couch.*

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Haha 2