Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Pleads Guilty To Threatening To Kill Omar

ExpandMyMind

17 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

::lol: You talk so much ****, Michelle.

How astute of you...of course, I don't expect you to back that up with anything. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Politics isn't for everyone. 

I agree!

Can I go the Democratic women's political way? The only reason you disagree with me is because you are a misogynist?

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

And she dared to have a fling with a Caucasian man. The audacity. *runs to fetch pearls on convenient couch.*

I wonder if she wore the headcoving? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I agree!

Can I go the Democratic women's political way? The only reason you disagree with me is because you are a misogynist?

I'm sorry, did I say something sexist? The only reason I disagree with you is because you're not as politically aware as you think you are. That's it, no other reason. Misogynist? That offends me.

• Like 3

Oh... Is it snowflake season already? 

I thought it was still Whataboutism, must be due to crime rate change... 

~

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

How astute of you...of course, I don't expect you to back that up with anything. :rolleyes:

I don't need to. You're the one who admits to inviting a racist to Christmas dinner (someone you already had admitted was beyond changing), then tried to deny it months later until I dig the thread out and quote your actual words. And now it was all apparently part of some truly weird social experiment you were conducting?

Even if what you claim is true, it's so, so weird. 

Michelle's house: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5052448/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2

:D Okay, that last bit was a joke, but you should know that it's truly weird to invite racists to a party you're having with, apparently, scores of people of ethnicity, all as a part of some attempt to force them to mingle with brown people. That you can't recognise how messed up that is might make it the whitest thing I've ever heard from someone.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm sorry, did I say something sexist? The only reason I disagree with you is because you're not as politically aware as you think you are. That's it, no other reason. Misogynist? That offends me.

Yeah, she called me one a while back as well, which was truly strange to me since most of my decade here at UM has been spent debating (supporting) the right to equality in some form or another.

I think she was using it sarcastically with you, though. I think it was supposed to be mocking Democrats or liberals or something. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, she called me one a while back as well, which was truly strange to me since most of my decade here at UM has been spent debating the right to equality in some form or another.

I think she was using it sarcastically with you, though. I think it was supposed to be mocking Democrats or liberals or something. 

Gotcha. :tu: Maybe it's a Tennessee dog whistle.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, she called me one a while back as well, which was truly strange to me since most of my decade here at UM has been spent debating the right to equality in some form or another.

Trump calling Pelosi unhinged, Nunes calling the dems conspiracy theorists, projection is all the rage dont ya know? 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Gotcha. :tu: Maybe it's a Tennessee dog whistle.

They don't dog whistle in Tennessee...there it's just called whistling. 

• Like 1

So somebody phoned up a congressman and made death threats ? Well, that's not very pleasant. However, last year there where 2000 telephone death threats against congressmen. Why is this particular one getting such media attention ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So somebody phoned up a congressman and made death threats ? Well, that's not very pleasant. However, last year there where 2000 telephone death threats against congressmen. Why is this particular one getting such media attention ? 

I'm guessing because they managed to trace it back to him and he had a bunch of illegal guns and a shady history, including his views on Muslims. Considering his guilty plea and his history of bigotry, it seems likely that he was serious about it. Or at least that they could prove that he was serious about it.

It probably received more attention because there's a difference between a death threat against a politician for their actions, which I see as more venting steam for the most part (likely, given how few follow through), and threatening to kill a Muslim for being a Muslim.

Here's an interesting article on the subject: https://qz.com/1578862/arrests-for-death-threats-against-us-politicians-rose-in-2018/

Perhaps unsurprisingly:

A data analysis performed for Quartz by Athena Chapekis and Lauren Donahoe of the Prosecution Project found that about 75% of those charged for making threats against US politicians come from the ideological right, based on cases going back to 1990. They are almost entirely US citizens, male, and roughly 85% white. About half of the defendants were under 30. The intended targets were primarily Democrats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Only for one reason, really. She's Muslim.

The mindnumbing irony is, Omar is one of the exceedingly few who actually adresses one of the main unconstitutional, inherently unAmerican issues plaguing the US since several decades.. The Israeli control over US politics, foreign policy. Any self- respecting US Patriot would support Omars critique in that sense, instead.. Americans who think themselves Patriots rage against her as being anti American for doing so, anti Semitical even (equating critique against a political entity with anti Semitism, an utterly ridiculous notion on its own). A nice example of how twisted these people have become, these lemmings people are their own worst enemies, a Founding Fathers Nightmare.. Im quite sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

good question, she is snowflake favorite, a female and Muslim,  when a republican white guy gets a threat the "crowd" cheers and supports

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

The mindnumbing irony is, Omar is one of the exceedingly few who actually adresses one of the main unconstitutional, inherently unAmerican issues plaguing the US since several decades.. The Israeli control over US politics, foreign policy. Any self- respecting US Patriot would support Omars critique in that sense, instead.. Americans who think themselves Patriots rage against her as being anti American for doing so, anti Semitical even (equating critique against a political entity with anti Semitism, an utterly ridiculous notion on its own). A nice example of how twisted these people have become, these lemmings people are their own worst enemies, a Founding Fathers Nightmare.. Im quite sure.

Yeah.. of course.. because The Jews (or as she calls them, 'Benjamins') control the USA. 

Oh.. and they eat babies as well. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeah.. of course.. because The Jews (or as she calls them, 'Benjamins') control the USA. 

Oh.. and they eat babies as well. 

Yeah, throw around some of your usual infantile ridiculisations why not. Impressive stuff. The Israel lobby is a real problem with a huge impact on US politics, and its not only costing the US taxpayers sh*loads of dollars.. but the lives of their sons & daughters as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Hmm.  That does bring up the question of where freedom of speech ends and where using social media- such as tweets to incite hatred and violence against someone begins.

It also brings the ownership properties of social media companies back in to question. Either they are simply a "platform" for free speech, any speech, or they are a "curator" in that they "filter" and "moderate" content. They seem to claim to be the latter but without accepting the responsibility of now owning all the content that gets posted.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

good question, she is snowflake favorite, a female and Muslim,  when a republican white guy gets a threat the "crowd" cheers and supports

Imagine the circus if someone took a shot at Omar on a baseball field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

In February, Omar responded to a tweet from journalist Glenn Greenwald, who posted about House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy threatening to punish Omar and another congresswoman for being critical of Israel.

Omar wrote back, "It's all about the Benjamins baby," a line about $100 bills from a Puff Daddy song. Critics jumped on the tweet and said Omar was calling up a negative and harmful stereotype of Jewish Americans.

In another tweet soon after, Omar named the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC, saying it was funding Republican support for Israel.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/07/700901834/minnesota-congresswoman-ignites-debate-on-israel-and-anti-semitism

Which part, exactly, is controversial or anti-Semitic? She called out Zionist lobbyists for buying politicians. That's clear from US foreign policy and their unwavering support of Israel. 

When she said, 'Benjamins' she was referring to Republican politicians, not Jews who were 'only out to get money' or whatever the stereotype says. The Jews in this case are spending money, not making it, so how can she be accusing them of being greedy? Anytime anyone references Jews and money in the same sentence they're now anti-Semitic?

AIPAC is one of the worst, most disgraceful organisations in the US. I say criticise them all the way. They don't represent Jewry and only represent extremist Israeli ideology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't need to. You're the one who admits to inviting a racist to Christmas dinner (someone you already had admitted was beyond changing), then tried to deny it months later until I dig the thread out and quote your actual words. And now it was all apparently part of some truly weird social experiment you were conducting?

Even if what you claim is true, it's so, so weird. 

Michelle's house: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5052448/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2

:D Okay, that last bit was a joke, but you should know that it's truly weird to invite racists to a party you're having with, apparently, scores of people of ethnicity, all as a part of some attempt to force them to mingle with brown people. That you can't recognise how messed up that is might make it the whitest thing I've ever heard from someone.

You are one sick puppy. It was no experiment. He had been coming for a few years and then more and more people were invited. I told him our friends, he'd met at at the shop, were coming over. He came for about an hour and left. He couldn't accept it and hasn't been back.

I keep forgetting some people are not into bringing people together. They are hell bent on segregating, dividing and pitting one against the other. It's become the trademark of progressives with white people telling brown people what should be offending them. I know for a fact that offends a lot of them.

No, I didn't know what you were talking about when you brought it up before. You had perverted it in a way that was unrecognizable to me...as you have done here.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You are one sick puppy. It was no experiment. He had been coming for a few years and then more and more people were invited. I told him our friends, he'd met at at the shop, were coming over. He came for about an hour and left. He couldn't accept it and hasn't been back.

I keep forgetting some people are not into bringing people together. They are hell bent on segregating, dividing and pitting one against the other. It's become the trademark of progressives with white people telling brown people what should be offending them. I know for a fact that offends a lot of them.

Bringing people together? That's what you call inviting a racist whom you had been friends with for years to a dinner with multiple people of ethnicity? Holy crap. You can't see how ****ed up that is? First, being friends with a racist, second, inviting him to dinner with ethnic people.

Tell me, did you tell your ethnic friends that he was a racist?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, aztek said:

nationwide gun confiscations next day, 

Yeah that's what I was picturing. Stormtroopers and tanks on main street

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

Yeah that's what I was picturing. Stormtroopers and tanks on main street

of course that is the whole reason Obama created DHS army,  what other purpose can it serve?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Michelle said:

No, I didn't know what you were talking about when you brought it up before. You had perverted it in a way that was unrecognizable to me...as you have done here.

idk why you even bother explaining to these racist trolls, that reek of virtue signaling. they are even worst than your racist acquaintance. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1