Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An experience that changed my views

Juvator

Hello,

Last night I had the single most influential experience of my life when it comes to my view of the world.
At first I just wanted to DM someone here which I just did but I decided I might as well share this story with you here.

I think I had an actual OBE or astral projection and it came out of the blue!
I googled a bit and found this topic and decided to register(which just came through)

Some background

Now I am not new to the idea/possibilty of this but I just never experienced this before and is it not something I actively spend my time with, It just happened.
Here's the some background. Starting Thursday I did a fast of about 3.5 days(first time,simply because I was curious) I mention this because it may or may not be relevant.
By yesterday though I had ofc already been eating for a few days again. During the last 7 days or so I've been sleeping quite poorly, meaning 1 day I sleep the other day I didn't and that's been happening till now.

The story

Yesterday I was so tired that I went to lie down on the couch and decided to close my eyes for a bit to see if I could get some sleep or rest. This may have been around 4pm.
I think maybe after half an hour of lying like that and being unable to sleep I started having this very strange and very intense sensation in random locations of my body.
The feeling of pressure like jaws of dogs biting down in different places hands/feet/hips just kinda random places tbh. It felt like I was being bitten down on with huge force but as if there was a thick material in between so that it registered as pressure and not teeth. 

For some reason it did not scare me, when tbh it really should have because it was extremely intense and close to painful at times and I've never ever experienced something like this before (I thought I might actually be dying).
But I could let it happen and even had the presence of mind to see if I could play with it and change the experience, at some point I tried to focus it well erm around my genital area and it resulted in an almost orgasmic feeling. I think this is around where I left my body. The transition was not very conscious or intentional, it just happened.

Now trying to remember this kinda feels like remembering a dream but I've had a lot of experience with Lucid dreaming and remembering so I remember a fair bit of the experience.
What happened next was that I was now sitting at my Computer maybe 10 feet away from my body. I was aware that I was actually fully awake and still on the couch but somehow my mind was in a different location. It was such a bizarre experience that one of the first things I started telling myself during this was to REMEMBER WHATEVER HAPPENS THIS IS NOT A DREAM, THIS IS REAL! I AM AWAKE! and to not convince myself afterwards that it was a dream by trying to rationalize it.

A few curious things happened when I was there in the vicinity of my computer, I started hearing sounds like distant music and I tried to focus on that and I noticed that I could actually control this music and guide it myself. I turned it into electric guitar music and noticed that every note and tune that I imagined actually became audible and I was able to compose music of any genre, I tried jazz, drum and base, guitar music and it all sounded melodically perfect. Even though I have no idea how to play it in real life it was just like in a dream some times when I seem to be musically gifted. But this time I was completely awake.

Now I damn well know the difference between reality and a dream especially because I'm quite good at Lucid dreaming and there were a few other key things that convinced me that I was awake. 1 thing was that I could actually feel my nose itch and had to scratch it a few times while my consciousness was still out of my body. While I kept my eyes closed I actually lifted my arm and scratched it several times. Now I think that I got back to my body just for that? I can't quite recall if I saw it happen as a spectator or not but I think I came back just to scratch my nose lol. And then my mind would wander back out again. At this point trying to remember it feels very much like a dream but I simply know that it wasn't.

I feel like I was outside of my body for quite a while but I had no sense of time at all. What is tricky about this is that after a while I did actually fall asleep because after that I remember having a dream and I was driving in a car for a bit and then I was in a mall and changings scenes you know the usual dream stuff. And I opened my eyes maybe 2-3 hours after I went to lie down. And I had a splitting headache!! I don't normally have a headache after sleeping let alone one of those proportions. 

I instantly remembered what happened and I was in complete awe, I remembered that I definitely didn't dream the first part and that it was only later that I actually fell asleep and started dreaming.

Now I have no idea if this could have been a delayed reaction from the fasting but it seems too coincidental as I've never done such a fast before and I've never had such an experience before but at the same time I'd been eating for a few days again already. You'd sooner expect something like this to happen during a fast than days later so I don't know if it's related.

I've read a few things in that topic but a lot of it was not relatable, there was absolutely no experience of there being spiritual entities or having a spiritual connection to anything.
I also read someone posting about 12D shielding and chakra's and this extremely complicated process and I thought to myself.. well that seems a little much. So this is also not very relatable to me.

Mostly I'd really like to hear what people here think about this and what you think it is that happened.

The main reason why this has changed my views or maybe reaffirmed them is a better word is because my entire life I've felt like there was more and that I was more. My mother has had strange experiences where I would start talking about a previous life and reincarnation when I was only 5-6 years old(not really the topic or knowledge a child typically has at that age). I also claimed to have contact with my mother's deceased mother and that she helped me in tough situations or my math at school lol.
I would also like to add that I'm not really a spiritual person in the sense that I spend my time on it much or that I am someone who is into "opening chakra's" and well a lot of things that feel rather untouchable to me.
I am however open to every experience and approaching it with an open mind.

Another reason why it has reaffirmed some things is the presence of a soul because in my perspective of this experience the only way I could have even been outside of my body is if there is a soul. It also makes me feel like indeed there is something after death and that our consciousness does not end there. I actually feel quite at peace now because whatever is next it does not end here.

Regards,

Juvator

Edited by Juvator
Readability, typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Reality tunnels man, reality tunnels. 

I guess you can post that on 95% of the topics here and be done with it.

Welcome to UM Juvator :st

Thanks for taking time to write up a post full of things to consider and question. Interesting.

• Like 1

@Juvator  I does sound like you may have had what is commonly called an out-of-body experience (OBE). This happens when the astral body separates from the physical body in such a way that there is later memory of it. The astral body always separates from the body in the sleep process but there is usually no memory of this. Now I am not sure I remember this right but I think the difference is that in normal sleep the separation is through the solar plexus chakra while in a conscious memorable OBE the separation is through the Crown Chakra. But, anyway.

Also what you said about the music increased my suspicion that you had a genuine OBE as opposed to a regular dream. I have heard many reports of how music on the astral plane is so much richer and deeper than on the physical plane.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, rashore said:

Welcome to UM Juvator :st

Thanks for taking time to write up a post full of things to consider and question. Interesting.

Thank you! Yeah you got! Simply the act of writing it down helped process some of it for me as well

On 11/21/2019 at 1:33 AM, papageorge1 said:

@Juvator  I does sound like you may have had what is commonly called an out-of-body experience (OBE). This happens when the astral body separates from the physical body in such a way that there is later memory of it. The astral body always separates from the body in the sleep process but there is usually no memory of this. Now I am not sure I remember this right but I think the difference is that in normal sleep the separation is through the solar plexus chakra while in a conscious memorable OBE the separation is through the Crown Chakra. But, anyway.

Also what you said about the music increased my suspicion that you had a genuine OBE as opposed to a regular dream. I have heard many reports of how music on the astral plane is so much richer and deeper than on the physical plane.

I was not aware of this last part about the music, but then I was not aware of most of the things that go together with a possible OBE. 
Every day that goes by I find myself harder pressed to believe what I experienced actually happened but I hold on to what I told myself during the experience and that I know the difference from a dream.