Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

SETI Institute celebrates 35th anniversary

Robotic Jew

I wish I could get paid for 35 years of failure...wait...i'm currently on year 38....nevermind. 

• Haha 3

David Thomson

I agree, 35 years of government funding with no results... And they are celebrating?

• Haha 1

DreadLordAvatar

They have to try.  And it must be gruelling work, the constant work effort, optimism, energy, and the absence of any results.  Congratulations SETI, well deserved celebration, here’s to the next 35 yrs!

• Thanks 1

Desertrat56
1 hour ago, David Thomson said:

I agree, 35 years of government funding with no results... And they are celebrating?

Maybe they have become like a union, keep doing what they are doing to preserve their organization and make money.

Mello_

I believe where is plate tectonics there is a life.

AllPossible
7 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

They have to try.  And it must be gruelling work, the constant work effort, optimism, energy, and the absence of any results.  Congratulations SETI, well deserved celebration, here’s to the next 35 yrs!

I agree. The healthcare system in the US has failed for years so at least theyre failing at something thats interesting

• Haha 2

bison

For the record, the SETI Institute receives no federal funding for its search for extraterrestrial intelligence. All such funding comes from private donations.  The SETI institute receives funding from federal entities like NASA and the National Science Foundation for doing research deemed valuable by these organizations, in the field of astrobiology. 

• Like 1

toast
On 11/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, David Thomson said:

Add your age between the brackets ( ) years of cluelessness, but I dont care.

DieChecker

Happy Birthday SETI. I always try to build you before everyone else in Civilization.