Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Decission Making

Crazy Horse

Sometimes they call it "dumb Luck"..for a reason ! ?   ;)  Good luck can make a 'questionable' decision look pretty good sometimes?

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2019 at 8:52 AM, Crazy Horse said:

It may seem quite obvious, but, taking the time to make a good decision is extremely important.

But my actual question is slightly different.

Do you think, that just by pondering this issue, just by thinking about the importance of good decision making, that in future, you will make better decisions?

In other words, by simply raising awareness, and pondering the how's, the whys, the wherefores, you will stop for a moment before making a decision, and choose the right way forward.

Which is the right way forward? 

The mind can be tricked, it can be filled with ignorant nonsense and lies. The heart on the other hand never lies....

I can make what i think will be a final decision but when it comes down to it most often that will not be the decision that is made.

The day and timing at the moment I think play a huge role in it also. And I've learned that in the event of making some decision that it is best for me or the situation to be guided and I've learned that sometimes you just have to let the situation resolve itself and there wasn't a need for me to make a decision to begin with, no matter how bad I wanted to or pondered on and this one takes a lot of patients.

Then there are times like having to decide on for example what kind of car I will purchase next and in this case I will do a ton of research and test driving before making the final decision.

Other situations I weight out the odds and go from there.

Now on other accounts I have let other people decide what the outcome will be, based on their responses, attitude and manner, even if I've made a decision before hand in this case its left up to the outcome of their behavior. Sometimes it's in my favor sometimes it is not but does seem to turn out for the best at that time.

9 hours ago, Debra F. II said:

I can make what i think will be a final decision but when it comes down to it most often that will not be the decision that is made.

The day and timing at the moment I think play a huge role in it also. And I've learned that in the event of making some decision that it is best for me or the situation to be guided and I've learned that sometimes you just have to let the situation resolve itself and there wasn't a need for me to make a decision to begin with, no matter how bad I wanted to or pondered on and this one takes a lot of patients.

Then there are times like having to decide on for example what kind of car I will purchase next and in this case I will do a ton of research and test driving before making the final decision.

Other situations I weight out the odds and go from there.

Now on other accounts I have let other people decide what the outcome will be, based on their responses, attitude and manner, even if I've made a decision before hand in this case its left up to the outcome of their behavior. Sometimes it's in my favor sometimes it is not but does seem to turn out for the best at that time.

Thanks for that but I am not so interested in the "nuts and bolts" of how to make a good decision, I think that's different for everyone anyway, but, if by just thinking a little bit about the idea of good decision making, whether that a lone will make a difference?

For me it was just hearing someone say, "make good decisions" that made a deep impression upon my mind, just those 3 words in a particular context. And because of that I realised a little time later, that I had started to make better, personal decisions.

On 12/16/2019 at 9:03 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Thanks for that but I am not so interested in the "nuts and bolts" of how to make a good decision, I think that's different for everyone anyway, but, if by just thinking a little bit about the idea of good decision making, whether that a lone will make a difference?

For me it was just hearing someone say, "make good decisions" that made a deep impression upon my mind, just those 3 words in a particular context. And because of that I realised a little time later, that I had started to make better, personal decisions.

Ahh.. yes & I agree.