Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog Detected Ovarian Cancer 4 Separate Times

BrooklynGuy

Thought some of you might like this story

Wisconsin Woman Says Her Dog Detected Her Ovarian Cancer 4 Separate Times by Sniffing Her Belly

A Wisconsin woman has her dog to thank for saving her life after the pooch amazingly detected her ovarian cancer multiple times, long before the disease could even be noticed on a scan. Stephanie Herfel still gets emotional while talking about her husky Sierra and the unbelievable way she has managed to notify her that something is seriously wrong, time and time again.  “I believe she saved my life, and she continues to do so,” she told ABC 7 affiliate WKOW in a recent interview. “I’m very grateful to her … Sierra is a gift. [Without her], I don’t think I’d be here having this conversation.”

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/wisconsin-woman-says-her-dog-041513411.html

• Like 1

They is a episode about someting similar in Unsolved Mysteries hosted by Robert Stack. 

Edited by debra odem
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, debra odem said:

They is a episode about someting similar in Unsolved Mysteries hosted by Robert Stack. 

Thank you for the post debra and your contributions to the forum, many of which I have read. I'm going to check out the Robert Stack episode as I still enjoy watching reruns of that great show today along with Forensic Files and many others of that genre.  

• Thanks 1

Diseases stink!

Anyone who gives public talks knows things can go pear-shaped when it comes to audience questions.

But the woman asking an odd question about smell after a presentation on Parkinson's disease wasn't a crank.

She's a super-smeller - she can actually smell the disease. And her nose could lead the way to earlier diagnosis and new treatments.

...  Joy Milne, an ex-nurse ... could diagnose people with Parkinson's disease using just her sense of smell!

... It turns out she can smell other conditions as well. Like Alzheimer's disease (faintly vanilla), some cancer (an earthy vegetable odour) and tuberculosis (an especially harsh smell).

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/greatmomentsinscience/the-woman-who-can-smell-parkinsons-disease/11439000#transcript

• Like 1