Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
The Eternal Flame

Very strange experience!!! from reddit

The Eternal Flame

I'm honestly not even sure how to explain this but here I go. I was talking to my sister today about our "scary" life experiences and she told me a rather odd story, one that I've never heard before. When we were younger we lived in a small green house. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/dzbxbz/very_strange_experience/

Edited by Still Waters
Added quote tags to make it clear the text was not written by the OP
  • Like 1

freetoroam

My sister says the eyes would follow you and it really scared her that the people looked like us.

Most if not all paintings do this. Have you ever been to an arts gallery,  you get 'followed' everywhere. :lol:

Not only was the barn the same as the one she was just in but, the five children looked like all five of our doppelgangers. 

It is not strange for the painting to be of the barn she was in,  it would have been strange if it was not.

You say all five of your dopplegangers,  were there 5 children in your family at that time too?  

Still Waters
1 hour ago, debra odem said:

I'm honestly not even sure how to explain this but here I go. I was talking to my sister today about our "scary" life experiences and she told me a rather odd story, one that I've never heard before. When we were younger we lived in a small green house. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/dzbxbz/very_strange_experience/

@debra odem Did you post this on reddit, or are you linking to some random story you've found?

• Thanks 1

The Eternal Flame
4 hours ago, Still Waters said:

@debra odem Did you post this on reddit, or are you linking to some random story you've found?

Its the latest story from reedit.

• Thanks 1

freetoroam
38 minutes ago, debra odem said:

Its the latest story from reedit.

Ok,  Still Waters has corrected this now.

You need to make it clear in future if it is your own experience or hearsay. 

As my questions are now useless as you are unable to answer them. 

Unless the writer can come on here and answer any questions,  this 'story' should be moved to the story section.

We can not debate with a third party who knows no more about this than what is written in the - story.

Thankyou.

• Like 1

papageorge1

Debra, I love reddit myself as it is a place for just regular people to share their stories. It helps me see as I say that the paranormal is rare but not all that rare either. I don't think it is a huge deal but I don't think we on reddit are supposed to re-post people's stuff on another forum like Unexplained Mysteries.

This story you posted is rather interesting but for my taste I see even much more interesting ones than that on other forums but I don't re-post them here (although I get tempted, LOL).

It is quite baffling how you could get five doppelgangers of modern people on an old painting.  

• Like 1

Alchopwn
3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It is quite baffling how you could get five doppelgangers of modern people on an old painting.  

Good Question... Actually everyone probably has about seven exact body doubles LINK.  If you happen to be rich, it sometimes pays to hire a body double in case you would be heading into danger.  Ask Saddam Hussein.  As to putting them in a painting together, well, genes will tell across generations.

Edited by Alchopwn

papageorge1
46 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Good Question... Actually everyone probably has about seven exact body doubles LINK.  If you happen to be rich, it sometimes pays to hire a body double in case you would be heading into danger.  Ask Saddam Hussein.  As to putting them in a painting together, well, genes will tell across generations.

Great, but I have to think that five out of five doppelgängers in an old painting of people that currently happen to be living on the property kind of challenges a lucky chance explanation.

But for me to be highly impressed I would need to see this for myself and then judge.