Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3D images of 'Noah's Ark' set to be revealed

UM-Bot

I don't see why the used some unknown technique, at least I've never heard of it.  Why not use the method used for finding fossils in which a small explosion like or a shotgun fired into the ground is used to make a 3-d image of the echos?

• Like 1

Now a film crew headed up by veteran ark-hunter Cem Sertesen has reportedly visited the site with modern imaging equipment and has obtained 3D images of the alleged vessel that lies underneath

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/332265/3d-images-of-noahs-ark-set-to-be-revealed

It is already known what lies underneath

After two days of digging and dynamiting inside the "boat-shaped" formation, the expedition members found only soil and rocks. Their official news release concluded that "there were no visible archaeological remains"

-

After a few expeditions to the Durupınar site that included drilling and excavation in the 1990s, Fasold began to have doubts that the Durupınar formation was Noah's ark. He visited the site in September 1994 with Australian geologist Ian Plimer and concluded that the structure was not a boat

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durupınar_site

The site has been dug up, drilled, blown up,  and spooned,  and nada.

Like the ghost hunters,  this guy and his film crew are out to gather up some interest hoping believers will watch their film.......about rocks. :td:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I love new discoveries of Noah's Ark. It's such a cool mystery, even if these explorers are mostly charlatans.

• Like 1

How the **** can a full grown adult even still believe in that rediculous story? Let alone be taken seriously enough to get that kind of funding. It makes me so mad.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hereticspl said:

How the **** can a full grown adult even still believe in that rediculous story? Let alone be taken seriously enough to get that kind of funding. It makes me so mad.

Maybe that story have a real base but nowhere near what we see today... 

It could be a metaphoric story of a local cataclysm passed and deformed in oral traditional knowledge for thousand of year before making it to a paper form..we don't really know and probably never will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I love new discoveries of Noah's Ark. 

But there have not been any. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think he's far more likely to find Noah's ar$e there than any remnant of the ark.

Everyone knows the ark is in Atlantis which is in France Spain America Turkey Greece Britain France Mexico!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The obsession with proving a bible story is real is simultaneously upsetting and silly. If you believe in it, I have a piece of the True Cross to sell you.
IMO, Bigfoot as a real creature and UFO's as alien visitors are more credible myths.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Everyone knows the ark is in Atlantis which is in France Spain America Turkey Greece Britain France Mexico!

Mexico?  That's ridiculous,  I'm sure I saw on youtube it was near Hong Kong. :yes:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

If you believe in it, I have a piece of the True Cross to sell you.

Oi!  I got the True Cross.

How much are you selling yours for?  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

The obsession with proving a bible story is real is simultaneously upsetting and silly. If you believe in it, I have a piece of the True Cross to sell you.
IMO, Bigfoot as a real creature and UFO's as alien visitors are more credible myths.

How much do you want for it?  I've got so many bits of the True Cross I could build an entire ruddy ark.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Oi!  I got the True Cross.

How much are you selling yours for?  

For a limited time, while supplies last, I have individual splinters sealed in  glass ampules for only 49.95 USD!

Edited by Seti42
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have a True cross for sale for 46.95 USD.

;)

Ps: they are  individual splinters sealed in  glass ampules and for a limited time only.

Edited by freetoroam

27 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I have a True cross for sale for 46.95 USD.

;)

Ps: they are  individual splinters sealed in  glass ampules and for a limited time only.

But wait! There's more! Order now and we'll throw in half a dozen thorns from Jesus's crown. Beautifully displayed on Veronica's Veil.

Just pay shipping and handling.

Order now supplies are limited!

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

But wait! There's more! Order now and we'll throw in half a dozen thorns from Jesus's crown. Beautifully displayed on Veronica's Veil.

Just pay shipping and handling.

Order now supplies are limited!

I am leaving the best til last,  the shroud.

Albeit the Shroud of Catford,  but still a great piece of polyester. ;)

Edited by freetoroam
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

I don't see why the used some unknown technique, at least I've never heard of it.  Why not use the method used for finding fossils in which a small explosion like or a shotgun fired into the ground is used to make a 3-d image of the echos?

Ground-penetrating radar is almost useless for finding fossils since they are mineralized and have a similar density to the surrounding rock. Only on rare occasions has it been used successfully.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Ground-penetrating radar is almost useless for finding fossils since they are mineralized and have a similar density to the surrounding rock. Only on rare occasions has it been used successfully.

Would Noah's ark be fossilized?  If it existed about 5k years

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Would Noah's ark be fossilized?  If it existed about 5k years

After only 5,000 years the wood should not be fossilized, and should be visible on ground-penetrating radar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

I hope it’s true. Because religious stories are...stories, and perhaps would bring some truth to the scientific community

Yes I agree.  I like the stories/mysteries, but for these people that go hunting the truth, it's been a little fruitless thus far.  As you said, to be able to actually find definitive proof would help both believers and skeptics alike.  It's probably that incessant need to find the truth that drives these people on their various quests. A quest for the truth. 

I couldn't do it myself. I'm far too busy with other things in life, but I think it's great to have people like this, that almost dedicate their lives to finding something they may never find, but they still try.  Amazing really. :) 

16 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

a settlement with fences can look a lot like a ''Noah ark''...

So too, it seems, can a natural rock formation.   Albeit one which might perhaps have been the origin of the myth that Noah's boat landed there (rather than back home on the shores of the Persian Gulf, once the tidal surge and floods caused by the storm had subsided, as per the original Mesopotamian story from which it is derived)

• Like 3