Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Morgallons disease

Kimmir6057

I had all the symptoms for morgallions disease the crawling sensation the biting or burning sensation, blurred vision, Fungal infections and it was all caused by a 2 inch white crincled worm I somehow got. I’m not sure on the type of worm only thing I can find online like that is brain worm when it came out in stool all symptoms stopped. 

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Go to a doctor, a real doctor.

Seriously, when your brain worm comes out in your stool, you have problems.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Morgellons is not a real disease. It's a delusion. You need a psychiatrist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

Beat me to it you sod. I remember watching a documentary years ago where people believed they had the disease, but somehow linked it to alien implants (I know). 

The doctor sent a sample to the lab to get analysed. They found out the sample was nothing more than material from clothes. And the doctor tried to explain to them about well what you said.

p***img me off that I cant remember the bloody show cause I actually enjoyed it.:lol:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I remember watching a documentary years ago

Could it be this:

In August 2006, a segment of the ABC show Medical Mysteries was devoted to the subject.

(Taken from the Wikipedia page)

4 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Could it be this:

(Taken from the Wikipedia page)

More than likely fella. My mind has drawn a blank. Happens alot it's rather infuriating!:angry:

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

More than likely fella. My mind has drawn a blank. Happens alot it's rather infuriating!:angry:

Aha.  The first symptom of Morgallions, I'm told.  (As distinct from Morgellons, a totally different and totally imaginary affliction).

Anyways, OP, get your doc to give you a copy of their written notes, scan that, blank out the personal info, and post it here...  They are required to do that, and most (here in Oz anyway) will happily do it at no charge.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Morgellons is not a real disease. It's a delusion. You need a psychiatrist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

That is subject to a lot of debate, even in the CDC.  (From Wikipedia) Their conclusions were that 59% of subjects showed cognitive deficits and 63% had evidence of clinically significant symptoms. 50% had drugs in their systems, and 78% reported exposure to solvents (potential skin irritants). No parasites or mycobacteria were detected in the samples collected from any patients. Most materials collected from participants' skin were composed of cellulose, likely of cotton origin... On the other hand, what on earth makes a person's skin sprout cotton fibres from their pores?

The fact is that presently we don't have good diagnostics, but it is widely held that there is some truth to some of the people presenting, and it should therefore not be dismissed out of hand as a psychiatric complaint.  That being said, some of the people suffering from Morgellons are having mental problems, and a psych check-up is a good idea.

Note that I am not even giving lip service to any conspiracy theories.

12 hours ago, Kimmir6057 said:

I had all the symptoms for morgallions disease the crawling sensation the biting or burning sensation, blurred vision, Fungal infections and it was all caused by a 2 inch white crincled worm I somehow got.

The internet is not a good substitution for real medical advise. Go to see your doctor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked