Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senate Begins Investigation into the Biden's

BrooklynGuy

16 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Bee, Here's something to help you choose your articles. It saves embarrassment. I use it often.

I'm sorry - but that isn't a recommendation ... ;)

and as it happens I chose the Washington Enquirer randomly because it had the Schumer quote in it...
I don't rigidly stick to any Media outlet.... if they have what I want..

• Like 1

The Biden Family are no strangers to scandals  ....

Saagar Enjeti: Joe Biden FLIPS over question on Hunter's paternity test

And the part starting at 4:30... speaks about the hypocricy of Joe Biden and his attitude
towards the decriminalization of cannabis compared to his attitude towards his son's drug
use while he helped him get rich using the Biden Name ---  

6:05.... "This is a story about class - and these people think they can get away with anything"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, skliss said:

You're kidding, right....lol!

Unless you have evidence showing otherwise?

Because again his Dad steps in and he blows it....get it...he blows it...lol Seems to be his pattern. And he lied...did you even read his lame excuse for testing positive?

I honestly couldn't care less if someone takes cocaine. I couldn't care less if he and his daddy have a hundred different issues and scandals. The only events I care about are those related directly to the current claims being made, and those have no substance. There's nothing to them. Every 'smoking gun' ends up being a damp squib.

We have Biden's own words

Please, quote the words that show Biden was benefitting personally from the removal of Shokin. All you have is him boasting about getting rid of him, which is something that everyone wanted because he was touted as one of the most corrupt people on the planet (I'm not even exaggerating. He was described that way).

Since he was appointed as prosecutor general by Poroshenko in February, Shokin has not brought any cases of corruption to court involving Yanukovich or his partners. Nor has he prosecuted the hundreds of high-level corruption cases that have been brought to his office by Ukraine's parliamentary committee on preventing and combating corruption.

"Reform is definitely being halted within the prosecutor's office, just because the stakes are so high. There's so much money in that system. And the problem is that the logical thing for many of the people within the system is to say, 'Okay, take your money and run'," said Bowser.

And now you have Nunes and the GOP trusting the word (or propagating it, at least) of this inherently corrupt guy who, contrary to the claim that he was investigating his crony and the CEO of Burisma, was actually halting investigations started by the now current corruption-fighting Ukrainian (Deputy) Prosecutor General.

You literally have it backwards. Shokin was protecting Burisma and was fired because of this thanks in large part to Biden. The story you guys are trying to sell people is that Shokin was actually investigating his friend at Burisma and Biden fired him to stop it.

Un-****in-believable. It's the actual opposite of what happened and you guys are eating it up. 

At least Trumps kids learned their jobs from the ground up, starting on the loading docks and learning how to run all the construction equipment during summer breaks from school.

Skliss, the guy has a law degree from Yale. I'm going to say he learned quite a bit from there alone. Looking at his CV he has vast amounts of experience, both in the corporate world and in government. I'm not saying he has more or less experience than Jr, just that he has plenty.

All your articles have competing articles saying that there is new info stating Shokin was actually fired because he was uncovering real corruption and he said he wanted to interview Hunter Biden.

No, they don't. They might have a claim from Shokin to that effect, but none of them make that claim. It's simply not what happened. Shokin's PG office stated publicly that Burisma were not being investigated. What the articles do say is that this happened despite the then Deputy Prosecutor General, Kasko, actually having an investigation into Burisma open. So Kasko was actually fighting corruption but Shokin was covering for Burisma. I'll quote the relevant parts (the bold should make it easy to skim):

Considering how central prosecutors had been to Yanukovich’s corrupt regime, there were significant doubts over both the honesty, and competence of Ukraine’s lawmen, but Kasko was hopeful that his colleagues would see the importance of regaining the $23m and thus do all they could to help the SFO. He told me that he translated the British request, sent it to his boss, and awaited results.

“The investigation began but, no matter how much we pushed the investigators, it was not effective,” Kasko told me. Even when Zlochevsky’s lawyers announced they would contest the freezing of the $23m in a London court, the Ukrainian prosecutors still failed to send the SFO the evidence it needed to maintain the freezing order. “First the British wrote to me, then the Americans, with questions about what was happening with the investigation,” Kasko remembered.

--------------------------

Eventually, six months after Gould first wrote to him, Kasko stepped decisively outside his area of responsibility, and wrote to his boss in the prosecutor’s office to demand action.

“I said I wanted this to be investigated properly, that the Brits be told about it, and they get what they wanted,” recalled Kasko. “He said, ‘If you want, get on with it.’” It was hardly the most enthusiastic of endorsements, but it was enough for Kasko. He forced investigators to work evenings, and weekends. They put together a dossier of evidence that Kasko felt supported the SFO’s argument “that the defendant’s assets were the product of criminal wrongdoing when he held public office”, sent it to the SFO, and announced officially that Zlochevsky was suspected of a criminal offence in Ukraine.

---------------------------

To confiscate assets, prosecutors have to prove that the frozen money related to a specific crime and, he ruled, the SFO had totally failed to do so. [They couldn't, because Shokin wouldn't investigate Burisma]

------------------------

When Kasko read the judge’s ruling, he had questions, but of a rather different nature. At the hearing, the tycoon’s lawyers had not just attacked the case against their client, but also produced evidence of his innocence, evidence that came from the unlikeliest of sources. Justice Blake’s 21-page judgment made reference half a dozen times to a letter, dated 2 December 2014, signed by someone in the Ukrainian prosecutor’s office, which stated baldly that Zlochevsky was not suspected of any crime.

Kasko felt this was bizarre. Everyone in a senior position at the prosecutor’s office must have known he was leading a frenzied investigation into Zlochevsky at that precise time, so how could anyone have signed off on a letter saying that no investigation was going on? The letter appeared to be crucial to the judge’s ruling, which stated that Zlochevsky “was never named as a suspect for embezzlement or indeed any other offence, let alone one related to the exercise of improper influence in the grant of exploration and production licenses”.

As Kasko saw it, his colleagues had failed to help him when he begged them to investigate Zlochevsky. But when it came to writing a letter to help the tycoon, he believed they had happily done so.

According to Kasko, there were really only three possible reasons for why a senior Ukrainian prosecutor would have written a letter for Zlochevsky rather than assisting Kasko. He was either incompetent, corrupt or both.

(My emphasis)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/12/the-money-machine-how-a-high-profile-corruption-investigation-fell-apart

So, you see, there was an attempt at an investigation that was ignored by Shokin, and then Shokin provided the statement that saw the release the £23m. The guy was covering for Burisma, yet we have people trying to claim this Russian stooge is actually the good guy in this situation. It beggars belief.

After that investigation that was carried out by Kasko, not Shokin, ended, there were no more investigations. 

I should note that in this thread I've been referring to Kasko as the current Prosecutor General when he's only the current (and former) Deputy Prosecutor General. Anyway, here's what he had to say about Shokin's office:

Kasko first tenure as Deputy Prosecutor General, under Viktor Shokin, started in 2014.[1] He resigned on February 15, 2016 denouncing the corruption and "total lawlessness" of the Prosecutor's office

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitaly_Kasko

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

More on the story:

Graham in SC defends call for investigation into Joe Biden and his son’s Ukraine ties

U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham on Monday defended calling for an investigation into former vice president Joe Biden’s role in pushing for the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor, saying questions remain about whether Biden’s position had anything to do with his son’s ties to a Ukrainian gas company. During a media availability in Charleston, Graham also called a congressional impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump partisan and unfair. The inquiry has centered on whether Trump held up aid to Ukraine in exchange for a promise from the country to investigate Biden and his son Hunter Biden’s Ukrainian business ties.

Read more: https://www.thestate.com/news/state/article237747639.html

On 11/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, Robotic Jew said:

Such a whiny baby.

You'd know about THAT, wouldn't ya?  :w00t:

• Haha 1

Some sad news on the story:

Hunter Biden suspected of smoking crack in DC strip club’s VIP room

Hunter Biden was suspected of smoking crack inside a strip club where he dropped “thousands of dollars” during multiple visits — at the same time he held a seat on the board of a controversial Ukrainian natural-gas company, The Post has learned. The incident, which took place at Archibald’s Gentlemen’s Club in Washington, DC, late last year, represents the most recent alleged drug use by Biden, 49, who has acknowledged six stints in rehab for alcoholism and addiction that included a crack binge in 2016.

Read more: https://pagesix.com/2019/11/26/hunter-biden-suspected-of-smoking-crack-in-dc-strip-clubs-vip-room/?_ga=2.176006626.1162178200.1574449218-1266792053.1574449218

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Hunter Biden was suspected of smoking crack inside a strip club where he dropped “thousands of dollars” during multiple visits — at the same time he held a seat on the board of a controversial Ukrainian natural-gas company, The Post has learned. The incident, which took place at Archibald’s Gentlemen’s Club in Washington, DC, late last year, represents the most recent alleged drug use by Biden, 49, who has acknowledged six stints in rehab for alcoholism and addiction that included a crack binge in 2016.

Read more: https://pagesix.com/2019/11/26/hunter-biden-suspected-of-smoking-crack-in-dc-strip-clubs-vip-room/?_ga=2.176006626.1162178200.1574449218-1266792053.1574449218

You're not suggesting Hunter Biden's personal indiscretions are in the same league as Trump using the state department and public money to get re-elected ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/24/2019 at 5:00 AM, skliss said:

So I guess we're starting after he was kicked out of the military for cocaine use.

So why didn't he practice law? Instead he works for a bank that was a major contributor to his dad's campaigns and in TWO years is promoted to executive vice president...wow...nice work if you can get it!

Instead of staying with that he becomes a lobbyist, not saying he got inside info from ole dad, but not ruling it out, fails to buy a hedge fund and then was a board member,.... what does that entail exactly... for Amtrak for 3 years.

After his Dad was elected VP he quits Amtrak and puts together this Rosemont Seneca that received money from both Burisma and China. Kinda sounds like he was taking advantage of his dad's new position....

Then he gets waivers to become an officer in the Naval Reserve, i have to think at the impetus of his dad, one waiver of which was related to the past drug charges and then he gets BOOTED because he tests positive for drugs!

If you were trying to make a case for this guys bona fides you fell short. I wouldn't post that wiki bit to makes your point from now on.

Dam I didn't realise Donald Trump J.R. Did all of that, he should be tried.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I like those words you used above, Suspected of, Alleged, which basically means it nothing but a smear campaign.

• Like 3

More on the story;

Comparing Trump's Ukraine dealings to Hunter Biden's is a 'false equivalency'

Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore argued in a Hill.TV interview that comparing President Trump's dealings with Ukraine to Hunter Biden's business activities in the country is not an apples-to-apples comparison. “It would be a false equivalency if we were to talk about it because Hunter Biden didn’t break any laws,” Moore said in an Oct. 24 interview that aired in full Wednesday. “It’s been thoroughly investigated,” he added. “All of the conspiracy theories have been debunked, end of story.”

Read more: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/472250-michael-moore-comparing-trumps-ukraine-dealings-with-hunter-biden-allegations

On 11/24/2019 at 9:30 PM, bee said:

I don't rigidly stick to any Media outlet.... if they have what I want..

So you only use sources that say what you want them to say. 

Gosh, well doesn't that come as a shock... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

So you only use sources that say what you want them to say. 

Gosh, well doesn't that come as a shock... 

give the trolling a rest whydon'tya..... :rolleyes:

I will often chose a random link if it has a quote, or the basics or the latest info on a story...

Isn't that what you do...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

More on the story;

Comparing Trump's Ukraine dealings to Hunter Biden's is a 'false equivalency'

Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore argued in a Hill.TV interview that comparing President Trump's dealings with Ukraine to Hunter Biden's business activities in the country is not an apples-to-apples comparison. “It would be a false equivalency if we were to talk about it because Hunter Biden didn’t break any laws,” Moore said in an Oct. 24 interview that aired in full Wednesday. “It’s been thoroughly investigated,” he added. “All of the conspiracy theories have been debunked, end of story.”

Read more: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/472250-michael-moore-comparing-trumps-ukraine-dealings-with-hunter-biden-allegations

from the link...

"However, Moore said the allegations against Biden point to a larger issue, namely that relatives of prominent politicians often receive employment and investment opportunities not typically offered to regular citizens.

Hunter Biden acknowledged in an interview last month with ABC News that he wouldn't have been named a board member at Burisma if his father had not been vice president. He added that he exercised "poor judgement" by serving on the board while his father was in office."

Biden Junior may have acted within the letter of the law but this is obviously a bad case of cronyism
that Biden Senior had no problem with... one can only wonder if father and son had an informal financial
arrangement regarding Hunters lucrative position when Joe was VP.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bee said:

Biden Junior may have acted within the letter of the law but this is obviously a bad case of cronyism
that Biden Senior had no problem with... one can only wonder if father and son had an informal financial
arrangement regarding Hunters lucrative position when Joe was VP.... 

Pretty common isn't it, past, present, and maybe future.

Most people love their kids and want them to do well, often they help them.

In private life we rather admire that don't we?

In public life it gets a bit trickier.

If you want to put the spotlight on the Bidens, then it turns out that the Trumps are standing right there with them.  It would be hard to argue that Jared Kushner is more qualified to negotiate middle eastern peace treaties than Hunter Biden is to sit on the board of a private company. 

One does not really need to wonder if there was a private financial arrangement between father and son, unless you are just trying to make it seem seedy and dark. One could just as easily wonder just  how much Trump charges his children as a monthly fee for using the Trump brand. Why do we need to go there in either case?

During Obama's presidency, I am sure there were close relatives and friends that also got  political  positions.  I don't know their names, but they could be found.  Because Rudy is in the news so much, I do know that  Andy has a pretty good position in the White House.  I just googled him.  From everybody's favorite superficial source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Giuliani

Giuliani attended Saint Joseph Regional High School in Montvale, New Jersey, and attended Duke University, where he studied markets and management and sociology, played golf and aspired to become a professional golfer.[1][3] However, in 2008, Giuliani was cut from the team and sued the university, claiming, "his golf coach manufactured accusations against him to justify kicking him off the team to whittle the squad."[4] The lawsuit was dismissed

His title is a Public Liaison Assistant in the Office of Public Liaison. In that role, helps arrange sports teams’ visits to the White House.[5][2][6] Giuliani receives a salary of $90,700. He is a regular golf partner of Donald Trump.

If it is an acceptable practice, it is acceptable for both sides.  If it is unacceptable, it is unacceptable for both.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

One does not really need to wonder if there was a private financial arrangement between father and son, unless you are just trying to make it seem seedy and dark. One could just as easily wonder just  how much Trump charges his children as a monthly fee for using the Trump brand. Why do we need to go there in either case?

But this thread is about the Senate Investigation into the Bidens, is it not.....?
And, of course, one doesn't '''need''' to wonder... but it is an obvious (potential) angle to it all...

I expect these are the kinds of things that the Senate Investigation will be looking into...

Biden's Ukraine Scandal Explained I Glenn Beck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bee said:

But this thread is about the Senate Investigation into the Bidens, is it not.....?
And, of course, one doesn't '''need''' to wonder... but it is an obvious (potential) angle to it all...

I am not sure why that is bee. It is an alternative universe, what if, conspiracy theory designed to paint the worst picture of a political opponent. .  The real facts are likely to come out soon enough.

If Hunter did something illegal or Joe did by getting a prosecutor fired  then money does not need to exchange hands.

And frankly, if Hunter committed a crime, it is in the realm of the commonplace.  If Joe used his office as the Vice President of the United States for personal gain, that might be a high crime and misdemeanor.  If he is held accountable for that, it will set a good precedent to remind elected officials to serve their country and not themselves.

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am not sure why that is bee.

really...?

follow the money....? and there was a lot of money involved.... 1.8 billion dollars ... 

and in that Glenn Beck video at 4:30 it turns out that the Burisma company who stood to get
a lot of that money wasn't at all transparent... so who knows where  large sums of cash
was finding it's way to...? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

really...?

Yes really.  Does the crime get worse if the payout increases?  

I think the facts are lining up that Burisma  had some corruption and transparency issues.   It could just as well been payouts to Rudy Guilani, Lev and Igor who wanted to get in on the Ukrainian confusion and corruption.   Would that make Biden less guilty if he was also a part of it?

If Biden used his office to further his personal  ambitions, that is the crime.  What if anything he gets is not material.  Do you think he should get off if he got nothing?  I don't, not if he committed a crime.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 5:30 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Dam I didn't realise Donald Trump J.R. Did all of that, he should be tried.

Makes no sense...even as some sort of dis....it's along the lines of "I know you are but what am I?" Just sayin'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skliss said:

Makes no sense...even as some sort of dis....it's along the lines of "I know you are but what am I?" Just sayin'

Yeah, pretty weak attack, IMO.  Silly, actually.

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes really.  Does the crime get worse if the payout increases?  

I think the facts are lining up that Burisma  had some corruption and transparency issues.   It could just as well been payouts to Rudy Guilani, Lev and Igor who wanted to get in on the Ukrainian confusion and corruption.   Would that make Biden less guilty if he was also a part of it?

If Biden used his office to further his personal  ambitions, that is the crime.  What if anything he gets is not material.  Do you think he should get off if he got nothing?  I don't, not if he committed a crime.

The weird thing is that Shokin - himself not big on corruption - was dragging his feet in the Burisma investigation.

Getting rid of Shokin may not have been in Hunter's best interest.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Getting rid of Shokin may not have been in Hunter's best interest.

It probably was in the best interest of the United States and taxpayers to make sure aid was not being diverted into various people's wallets along the way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2019 at 10:56 AM, and then said:

Yeah, pretty weak attack, IMO.  Silly, actually.

You are an authority on Silly, just look at that Omar thread you started without doing any research, kinda exploded in your face, now that's Silly.:tu:

• Haha 1