Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

posting/pasting multiple images

Wistman

I've noticed in the Ancient Mysteries/Alternative History threads that it's possible to paste or upload multiple images to a single post.  I am lucky if I can get a single image on a post, due to size parameters.  How then does one post multiple, large (it seems) images in a single post?  thx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You need a site like Imgur, cutting and pasting several images here, will be at full size for a few, then resort to small size.

B)

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:09 PM, The Wistman said:

I've noticed in the Ancient Mysteries/Alternative History threads that it's possible to paste or upload multiple images to a single post.  I am lucky if I can get a single image on a post, due to size parameters.  How then does one post multiple, large (it seems) images in a single post?  thx

Sorry I missed this one.

Yeah you need to use remote image hosting to do that, you can't upload multiple large images using the forum's upload feature.

• Thanks 1

Often images are just *needlessly* large...

First up, how wide/high is it? - as a general rule images for forum posting should be limited to less than ~1000 pixels in any direction..  Try resizing it using an image editor, simple ones are free (eg XnView for Windows is great for all this sort of stuff).

Then, assuming it is a JPEG (.jpg file), you can control its *file* size (in Kb/Kilobytes), by changing the quality.  A 90% quality jpeg might be 350Kb, but reducing the quality to say %70 might bring it down to 60Kb or less.

If the file is very detailed (eg with lots of small text that needs to be legible) you might need say 80% quality, but most images can be reduced to 50-70% quality with very little perceived loss of quality.

If this is a common problem for you it's worth learning about, so experiment (but make sure you don't save a highly reduced or compressed copy over the top of your original!).

If you want, post one of the larger images on this thread, and I'll give you a demo..