Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$1.5m reward if you find a Google bug

Eldorado

"Google has announced an Android bug bounty reward of $1.5 million if you manage to hack its Titan M chip on Pixel devices and also find exploits in the developer preview versions of Android.

"Until now, the highest payout on Google's Bug Bounty Program was just over $200,000, Google said when announcing the new reward on Thursday.

"Google's total payouts over the last 12 months have been around $1.5 million, with an average reward of $3,800 per finding.

"In 2019, the highest reward was $161,337. Google has been paying out some people who report security holes in the Chrome browser since 2010,  upping its Chrome bug bounty to $30,000 in July this year. "

Full monty at cNet: https://www.cnet.com/news/googles-android-bug-bounty-program-will-now-pay-out-1-5-million/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd be a multimillionaire if I could submit the faults in the Google Keyboard on Android. :hmm:

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Google has announced an Android bug bounty reward of $1.5 million if you manage to hack its Titan M chip on Pixel devices and also find exploits in the developer preview versions of Android.

I'll get back to you, Google.

I'm busy talking crap on UM.