Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

Christian Zionist influence in Washington DC

80 posts in this topic

Manwon Lender

Since President Trumps election, much has changed concerning US. Policy concerning Israel and the Middle East. Milestones in US Policy concerning Israel are the movement of the US Embassy to Jerusalem, President Trump declaring that Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel, and the relaxed US policy on Israels settlements. It appears that Christian Zionist lobbyists in Washington DC  have had a major effect on the above milestones in US. Policy concerning Israel and the Middle East. During the 2016 election of President Trump and Vise President Mike Pence the voter base of the Christian Right did strongly support their election. Pastor John Hagee and Pastor Jeffress both Ardent Christian Zionists were instrumental in gathering support for the President and the Vise President.

i suppose the point of this thread is to gather the thoughts of forum members on how much influence does Evangelical Christians which is the base for Christian Zionists truly have on the recent milestones that have occurred in Israel and Iran. If anyone would like links to what I have posted I will provide them.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hankenhunter

How long have Israeli Zionists been influencing American and Canadian politics? How many politicians have been bought with Israeli lobbying cash? How long have we been called antisemites by Zionists every time we criticize Israeli politics? Who has the largest undeclared Nuclear missile stockpile? Who is guilty of the same atrocities that they use as a reason to stifle their critics?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

and then

I'll be interested in this topic, also.  I suspect we'll see a lot of statements that will proclaim some kind of nefarious or "undue" influence when in fact, the truth is that a group of American citizens have lobbied for the government to behave in a way that pleases them and advances their agenda.  I'd ask, why is this any different than any other lobbying done by groups of Americans?  It ISN'T.  But, I suspect we will have several here who will explain why it is so egregious in THIS instance.  ;) 

• Like 1

and then
4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

How long have we been called antisemites by Zionists every time we criticize Israeli politics?

If you don't want to be called out as an anti-Semite then perhaps you shouldn't use tired old anti-Semitic tropes about da JOOS buying government policy?  Just a thought but, carry on.

• Like 1

Hankenhunter

Your concern is noted and filed under G.

• Like 1

Manwon Lender

Theology of Christian Zionism

The actual theology of Christian Zionism, also known as Biblical Zionism, supports the right of the Jewish people to return to their homeland on scriptural grounds. The biblical foundation for Christian Zionism is found in God's Covenant with Abraham. It was in this covenant that God chose Abraham to birth a nation through which He could redeem the world, and to do this He bequeathed them a land on which to exist as this chosen nation.

Christian Zionism is confirmed throughout the Hebrew Scriptures. The major and minor prophets consistently confirmed this national calling on Israel, promised her future restoration to the land after a period of exile, and spoke of her spiritual renewal and redemption bringing light to the world.

Christian Zionism differs with Replacement Theology which teaches that the special relationship that Israel had with her God in terms of her national destiny and her national homeland has been lost because of her rejection of Jesus as Messiah, and therefore the Church has become the new Israel. The Church has then inherited all the blessings promised to Israel but the judgments and curses still conveniently remain over the Jewish people.

Instead, Christian Zionism teaches from the scriptures that God's covenant with Abraham is still valid today. There remains a national destiny over the Jewish people and her national homeland is her everlasting possession in fulfillment of God's plans and purposes for her. The New Testament scriptures not only affirm the Abrahamic covenant, but they confirm the historical mission of Israel and that Israel's gifts and calling are irrevocable.

Thus, Christian Zionism is not based on prophecy or end-time events. Most Christian Zionists would agree, however, that Israel's reemergence on the world's scene, in fulfillment of God's promises to her, indicate that other biblically-predicted events will follow.

Here is the link for the above information.      https://int.icej.org/media/christian-zionism-101

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and then
3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Instead, Christian Zionism teaches from the scriptures that God's covenant with Abraham is still valid today. There remains a national destiny over the Jewish people and her national homeland is her everlasting possession in fulfillment of God's plans and purposes for her. The New Testament scriptures not only affirm the Abrahamic covenant, but they confirm the historical mission of Israel and that Israel's gifts and calling are irrevocable.

Thus, Christian Zionism is not based on prophecy or end-time events. Most Christian Zionists would agree, however, that Israel's reemergence on the world's scene, in fulfillment of God's promises to her, indicate that other biblically-predicted events will follow.

This sums it up accurately and fairly.  It isn't at all about supporting every action of a secular government that can be as corrupt as any other government on the planet nor is it about turning a blind eye when that government commits wrongs against others.  It is plainly about supporting the RIGHT of the JEWISH people to that land.  That's it yet those who speak of CZs with contempt will use a broad brush to paint them with every misdeed of Israel.  Because it supports the narrative they want to push.  

• Thanks 1

Manwon Lender
42 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

How long have Israeli Zionists been influencing American and Canadian politics? How many politicians have been bought with Israeli lobbying cash? How long have we been called antisemites by Zionists every time we criticize Israeli politics? Who has the largest undeclared Nuclear missile stockpile? Who is guilty of the same atrocities that they use as a reason to stifle their critics?

There is certainly a major difference in the Israel Zionist movement and the American Christian Zionist movement. The thing that I wonder about is how many Senior Leaders in the US Government are part of the Evangelical base which is also the base for Christian Zionists. Next how much influence do these people have on US. policy in the Middle East and Israel.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, and then said:

This sums it up accurately and fairly.  It isn't at all about supporting every action of a secular government that can be as corrupt as any other government on the planet nor is it about turning a blind eye when that government commits wrongs against others.  It is plainly about supporting the RIGHT of the JEWISH people to that land.  That's it yet those who speak of CZs with contempt will use a broad brush to paint them with every misdeed of Israel.  Because it supports the narrative they want to push.  

Thank you, that was my goal, I want it to be a fair and accurate description.

Here the link were it came from.    https://int.icej.org/media/christian-zionism-101

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hankenhunter
10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

There is certainly a major difference in the Israel Zionist movement and the American Christian Zionist movement. The thing that I wonder about is how many Senior Leaders in the US Government are part of the Evangelical base which is also the base for Christian Zionists. Next how influence do these people have on US. policy in the Middle East and Israel.

That's going to be a tough one without ruffling a lot of feathers. But, I'm in. *Runs to the Batmogoogle*

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

third_eye

Money money money... 

~

• Thanks 1

Hankenhunter
Hankenhunter
Hankenhunter

e6217f7492429289a83735658af3d53044e5b744e86840ce0017487f484bc4c7.jpg

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

Manwon Lender

So far in my search for Christian Zionists in high positions in the US Government it appears the Vice President Mike Pence could be a Christian Zionist. It's certain that he is a Evangelical Christian, this is clearly stated by doing a simple internet search, But it appears that he certainly has Christian Zionist leanings if nothing else.

it also appears that the Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is also a Christian Zionist. He is also an Evangelical Christian, who has openly supported Christian Zionist. If Mr. Pompeo isn't a Christian Zionist he also has Christian Zionist leanings just like the Vise President. Does anyone have anymore information on this?

Here is an interesting interview with Mr Pompeo explaining why he thinks President Trump is chosen by God to protect Israel.       https://www1.cbn.com/content/exclusive-why-secretary-state-mike-pompeo-says-trump-possible-queen-esther-poised-defend

Here is an interesting speech to Christian Zionist audience by Mike Pence 

https://www.cufi.org/mike-pence-to-cufi-i-support-israel-because-i-am-a-christian/

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 2

Hankenhunter

Manwon Lender
13 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

e6217f7492429289a83735658af3d53044e5b744e86840ce0017487f484bc4c7.jpg

What is this ?

Hankenhunter

Just a play on Morpheus from the Matrix movie. I'll remove it if it offends you. Sorry if I got carried away. This subject does that to me. It's that whole " We're God's chosen people thing". Talk about putting yourself on a pedestal.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

Manwon Lender
11 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Just a play on Morpheus from the Matrix movie. I'll remove it if it offends you. Sorry if I got carried away. This subject does that to me. It's that whole " We're God's chosen people thing". Talk about putting yourself on a pedestal.

No problem, I just did know what it was.

thanks very much.

• Like 1

and then
14 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

It's that whole " We're God's chosen people thing". Talk about putting yourself on a pedestal.

They didn't put themselves on any pedestal.  Can you think of any other group of human beings that have maintained their sense of culture and identity for 3 millennia?  Can you cite another group with as long a history of being hated and abused?  They were set aside to be an example to the rest of humanity for the treatment they'd receive for obeying God OR disobeying Him.  

• Like 1

Hankenhunter
12 minutes ago, and then said:

They didn't put themselves on any pedestal.  Can you think of any other group of human beings that have maintained their sense of culture and identity for 3 millennia?  Can you cite another group with as long a history of being hated and abused?  They were set aside to be an example to the rest of humanity for the treatment they'd receive for obeying God OR disobeying Him.  

Or have been so coddled since WW2?  Fine and dandy. They suffered horribly, they were given chunk of land to settle on, and lots of money. Whats the first thing they did on their new homeland?  Horn in on the neighbors and steal their land out from under them, doing the very same thing the Nazis did to them. As I said, self entitled hypocrites. As for their god? He can go hang out with the rest of the gods from throughout history. Anachronisms 

Edited by Hankenhunter

and then
4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Or have been so coddled since WW2?  Fine and dandy. They suffered horribly, they were given chunk of land to settle on, and lots of money. Whats the first thing they did on their new homeland?  Horn in on the neighbors and steal their land out from under them, doing the very same thing the Nazis did to them. As I said, self entitled hypocrites. As for their god? He can go hang out with the rest of the gods from throughout history. Anachronisms 

Imagine your surprise when you realize that your acceptance of God's will is of no consequence to Him whatever. Keep up the hatred.  Your's is just one voice among millions and all of them together won't make the slightest change in His plans.  They are in the land and they will never totally be displaced from it again.

• Like 1

Hankenhunter
17 minutes ago, and then said:

Imagine your surprise when you realize that your acceptance of God's will is of no consequence to Him whatever. Keep up the hatred.  Your's is just one voice among millions and all of them together won't make the slightest change in His plans.  They are in the land and they will never totally be displaced from it again.

Not hatred. Just disappointed in my fellow man. I told you before, I am NOT religious, I am a humanist. I'm in it for the species kiddie. I don't hate anyone, ever. Zionism is a parody of what Hitler did to the Jews. Figure that one out, then get back to me. There,  I'm back on topic. How many war crimes and atrocities have Zionist Israel been accused of in international courts and the U.N? 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

It's actually the Christian Bible that says they are the Chosen people. The Jewish texts don't describe them as such. Where that came from is a good question, I have no idea.

• Like 1

Hankenhunter
10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's actually the Christian Bible that says they are the Chosen people. The Jewish texts don't describe them as such. Where that came from is a good question, I have no idea.

You may be right. I'm researching it now. I haven't seen any refutation of this by Israel though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1