Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost hiker claims 'ghosts' lead him to safety

UM-Bot

I have made a similar dream about someting similar and they was a map mountain ?!?

• Like 1

Cool story. 

Papameter: 60% Paranormal Help    20% Regular People   20% Hallucination/Hoax

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That kind of story happened before to other people...strange stuff

Maybe day dreaming while starving and getting exhausted ? I don't know how many died following the directives of ''ghost'' we will never know that side of the coins.

But a lot of people got themselves in asylum and jail because they have done crazy things that hallucination told them to do...at least some have saved their life with it!

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

That kind of story happened before to other people...strange stuff

Maybe day dreaming while starving and getting exhausted ? I don't know how many died following the directives of ''ghost'' we will never know that side of the coins.

But a lot of people got themselves in asylum and jail because they have done crazy things that hallucination told them to do...at least some have saved their life with it!

The way I see it is. The ghosts were thought forms. His mind created them to help retrace his steps. I think that is possible, like your memory itself is trying to push you in the right direction. 

I know where I'm going with this but I'm crap at explaining.:unsure2:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

The way I see it is. The ghosts were thought forms. His mind created them to help retrace his steps. I think that is possible, like your memory itself is trying to push you in the right direction. 

I know where I'm going with this but I'm crap at explaining.:unsure2:

That's a good way to make it up, it's a made up dream and it probably help him calm himself, good that it was not a dream about eating is arms...

• Haha 1

Getting lost for 10 days in the mountains and being 60 years old, and eating on sugar and water for gods knows how many days, your mind can lost it sometimes.

Edited by MissJatti
  • Like 2

There is a fair amount of research on the effects of dehydration and cognition. Even a two percent loss of body mass due to dehydration causes cognitive impairment particularly for tasks involving attention, executive function, and motor coordination. Greater than six percent has been shown to result in delusions -- is his recollection accurate?
For example: meta analysis of thirty three studies on Dehydration and Cognitive Performance, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise: November 2018 - Volume 50 - Issue 11 - p 2360�2368

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1