Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

The day I found out I am immortal

UM-Bot

By: Jonathan | Location: Hialeah

Before I begin the story of my experience I want to say, I am not using my real name, just in case anyone that knows me will not know about my claim. My experience happened on May of 2011, when I was 16 years old. On this day, everything was normal, I woke up, got ready for the day, and went to the bus stop by my house to wait for the bus to go to school, throughout this time everything was normal. After being dismissed from school, I walked to the bus stop, to wait for the bus and go home.

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112315/the-day-i-found-out-i-am-immortal

*Disclaimer - It would be fair to say that this one should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.*

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Piney
1 minute ago, UM-Bot said:

*Disclaimer - It would be fair to say that this one should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.*

:lol:

Understatement of the year.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Essan

"When we are young
Wandering the face of the earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal

For a limited time"

(Rush - Dreamline)

And that's the truth of it ;)  

• Like 3

Essan

"When we are young

For a limited time"

(Rush - Dreamline)

Edit: unless of course you are Deadpool  :tu:   

• Haha 1

RabidMongoose
32 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

By: Jonathan | Location: Hialeah

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112315/the-day-i-found-out-i-am-immortal

Quantum suicide experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality

From, and only from, the perspective of the person about to suicide they never die. The same would apply to being murdered.

• Confused 2

South Alabam

Well why are they hiding? It should be easy enough to verify their claims.

I have been shot, stabbed, decapitated, and dismembered multiple times. I have also done things to myself, and although I do not die, I found out that it takes much longer for my body to heal from things I do to myself. I also found out that when anyone who isn't myself dismembers or decapitates me, my body regrows new limbs and head, and the severed limbs and head grow their own bodies, which are clones of me. My body is also able to regenerate organs.

So if they self decapitate or decapitate themselves they don't grow new limbs and head? And where are all these clones? Easily verifiable. And not to mention the way someone pulled a gun on them for the phone and they defiantly stood by refusing to hand it over. My crap O meter is 100% pegged.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

freetoroam

Before I begin the story of my experience I want to say, I am not using my real name, just in case anyone that knows me will not know about my claim. 

This is not a valid claim,  it is a made up story.

What gets me is how some people think everyone is an idiot. Making comments like the one above does not make this ridiculous claim.any more plausible.

Just keep it as a story,  admit it is and then they would not make themselves look stupid by trying to convince others it is real. 

I like fiction stories,  was a big fan of Tales of the Unexpected and tales from the darkside,  this would have fitted in well with the latter,  but not now that the author thinks the readers are idiots. 

• Thanks 3

freetoroam
17 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Well why are they hiding? It should be easy enough to verify their claims.

I have been shot, stabbed, decapitated, and dismembered multiple times. I have also done things to myself, and although I do not die, I found out that it takes much longer for my body to heal from things I do to myself. I also found out that when anyone who isn't myself dismembers or decapitates me, my body regrows new limbs and head, and the severed limbs and head grow their own bodies, which are clones of me. My body is also able to regenerate organs.

So if they self decapitate or decapitate themselves they don't grow new limbs and head? And where are all these clones? Easily verifiable. And not to mention the way someone pulled a gun on them for the phone and they defiantly stood by refusing to hand it over. My crap O meter is 100% pegged.

You are a worm?  :sk

papageorge1

This story had me going at first and then went too far and flew off the cliff.

• Like 1

acute
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Tap the glass on the Papameter. The needle sticks sometimes.

• Haha 6

Rlyeh
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Quantum suicide experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality

From, and only from, the perspective of the person about to suicide they never die. The same would apply to being murdered.

Doesn't apply to either.  The mechanism needs to depend on the uncertainty principle, but you'd know this if you bothered to read it.

• Haha 1

Kenemet

For fiction, it's a typical teenager's first effort at the "creepypasta" genre.  It follows the standard pattern of these stories.  However, if the author intends to be a serious writer, they need to seriously tudy the craft of writing.

Good fiction shouldn't start with a disclaimer.  Also, the story starts at the wrong place (it needs to start with a decision point that hints at the coming philosophical theme and not at a no-risk drama point.  A first person protagonist can be a hard sell, and without points to make the protagonist more sympathetic to the readers, the story falls flat.  And the "mugger" sounds like someone out of a bad crimefighter tv show... robbers don't typically stop and discuss things with the victim and then later pull out a gun.

The word pattern isn't varied enough nor the langage vivid enough to draw the reader in.

The writing technique appears to be "pantser" where someone writes what comes to them.  The author would be better served to be a plotter and think out all the points carefully and then write to those, making sure that there's a good strong opening, good plot structure.  At this point, it looks like the writer wrote themselves into a corner and then tried to "release the story" in the wrong forum and website.  I'd recommend Fanfiction.net as a better place for a creepypasta.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Bed of chaos

Please explore some notable sci fi authors/concepts before posting next 'story'. Start with someone like Clive Barker. 'Jonathan' isnt 24 yrs old..I doubt he's 16.

Edited by Bed of chaos

Mattacaster
22 hours ago, Essan said:

"When we are young

For a limited time"

(Rush - Dreamline)

Awesome song and group. Thanks for the reference,eh!

Also........

This experience reminds me a bit of "groundhog day" with Bill Murray. 

c821c9002fbff7a74f43f4fce62104ca.jpg

sci-nerd

What an amazing imagination.... Not!!

This is a ripoff of the cheerleader from Heroes.

• Like 1

mxcx

The cheerleader from Heroes...

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

Edited by mxcx
  • Like 2

Matt221

You say you were decapitated you should of left it there .......while you were a head    see what I done there    

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Banggod

I went with it a bit, but after a paragraph realized the grammar was too good. 

jowasmus
On 11/24/2019 at 10:51 AM, papageorge1 said:

No disrespect meant at all, papa, but seriously, when papa dismisses you, you've gone too far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Banggod

Let's not take it too seriously ha. This is not a fiction writing class, ughhhh.

Scholar4Truth

To me this sounds more like a story someone would find on  FanFiction and Creepy Pasta.

MissJatti

Bruce Willis Unbreakable

qxcontinuum

It lacks originality.

tortugabob

Rolling eyes now. There are more kooks in here than in Congress.