Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekinesis

simon.john83

On 11/26/2019 at 4:32 AM, simon.john83 said:

That was the million dollar answer! Right on! But wait, I don't earn anything on youtube. So, it's kinda lame.

For the sake of argument, even if u achieved 100,000 hits dont hold ur breath. I've seen others post videos about astral projection (and even lucid dreaming). Then YouTube demonitized video. Not deemed 'family friendly'. They're VERY selective about who gets to the top.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Michael Crichton

Other magicians, such as James Randi, claim that spoon bending isn’t a psychic phenomenon at all, just a trick. But I had bent a spoon, and I knew it wasn’t a trick. I looked around the room and saw little children, eight or nine years old, bending large metal bars. They weren’t trying to trick anybody. They were just little kids having a good time.

tumblr_onqzl0mMJm1vxz59po6_500.gifv

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/29/2019 at 11:28 PM, simon.john83 said:

I wouldn't love to be seen by any science department except for a live demonstration and that's all! If I will prove once again that I really do have telekinetic abilties they will want me to be some sort of lab rat. Thanks, but no thanks! Again I'm going to take your idea and put it to the test. I will try it! 

There it is - the admission that he will not accept anyone pointing out the flaws in his 'demonstrations'.  He claims he will be treated as a lab rat, when all that would be done is the application of proper controls .... and then the thorough embarrassment of having to admit to others and himself that he was self-deluding.

Simon has clearly neither attended or worked for a University.  They are open, welcoming, helpful people, always interested in possibilities and genuine enquiries.

The problem here is that Simon, deep down, knows that he will be (quite politely, at least initially) shown to be incorrect in his claims.

So, he cowardly invents excuses for not proving his talents.  If he is not interested in being questioned, or taking advice to better support the claim, why did he come to a forum that prides itself on solving REAL mysteries with a view to finding the ones that are TRULY unexplained..? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

There it is - the admission that he will not accept anyone pointing out the flaws in his 'demonstrations'.  He claims he will be treated as a lab rat, when all that would be done is the application of proper controls .... and then the thorough embarrassment of having to admit to others and himself that he was self-deluding.

Simon has clearly neither attended or worked for a University.  They are open, welcoming, helpful people, always interested in possibilities and genuine enquiries.

The problem here is that Simon, deep down, knows that he will be (quite politely, at least initially) shown to be incorrect in his claims.

So, he cowardly invents excuses for not proving his talents.  If he is not interested in being questioned, or taking advice to better support the claim, why did he come to a forum that prides itself on solving REAL mysteries with a view to finding the ones that are TRULY unexplained..? 

I've said to others before. If you think the evil scientists are going to take you away to a scary lab in a scary military base. Then tell the world of your "powers" , so if they go missing the people would know what happened to them.

Don't know why some people are scared of science. I'd quite happily bbe a human Guinea pig.:tsu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2019 at 12:24 AM, simon.john83 said:

I've already proven myself by making that video. In the future I hope to prove publicly or live on tv. I will try different ideas and try to make it in a more controled environment and see what happens and hopefuly I will shut some mouths up.

Your video is definitely not proof of telekinesis. With minimal mass, and an equilibrium system, you're allowing for naturally known mechanisms like thermodynamics or simply a very slight movement of air, to dictate the movement of the paper.
The placement of your body may have an impact on that, but it's not your mind.

The video is proof of your bias and misunderstanding.

If you honestly believe what you claim, you should be able to provide evidence to back it up. That video is not it.

Reproducibility and repeatability is required, and that should not be hard if telekinesis was a real thing. Your video shows nothing convincing at all sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1