Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NYC Thanksgiving Parade Balloons Grounded?

BrooklynGuy

Officials consider grounding Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons

The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade might go on without its iconic flight of 16 balloons this year — but that decision was still blowing in the wind Monday, officials said. When the parade kicks off around 9 a.m. Thursday, sustained winds are expected to reach 20 to 30 mph, and gusts could be as high as 40 to 50 mph, Accuweather senior meteorologist Paul Walker said Monday morning. The large inflatables could be grounded if sustained winds reach 23 mph and gusts exceed 34 mph, under city regulations.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/11/25/officials-consider-grounding-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade-balloons/

For those interested you can watch the Parade here: https://www.nbc.com/macys-thanksgiving-day-parade

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2019: Route, Live Streaming Information, Time, and History

Read more: https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/a28498419/live-stream-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade-2019/

• Like 4

No. It's one of our largest and oldest Thanksgiving holiday parades. This is the United States and the Americas forum. Not the American Politics forum. And BrooklynGuy, Philadelphia is saying the same thing.

• Like 3

I think it's a terrorist plot.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, susieice said:

No. It's one of our largest and oldest Thanksgiving holiday parades. This is the United States and the Americas forum. Not the American Politics forum. And BrooklynGuy, Philadelphia is saying the same thing.

We Aussie's don't have a Thanksgiving.  We have nothing to be thankful for.  :P 

edit:  I just wanted to say that I like Turkey though.   And Pumpkin Pie.  But that's all. 

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

edit:  I just wanted to say that I like Turkey though.   And Pumpkin Pie.  But that's all. 

I'm cooking 2 turkeys this year,1 will be fried and the other smoked...

Stuffing/dressing is AWESOME if it's made right ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

No one's stopping you from having those this Thurs...lol   **** scary James earl Jones voice *****  "Join us.....Join uuuuuussssss.....mmwwaahhahahaha!"

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm cooking 2 turkeys this year,1 will be fried and the other smoked...

Stuffing/dressing is AWESOME if it's made right ;)

How do you make the stuffing if you fry and smoke? I have fried the last couple of years....so much better than getting up at the  crack of dawn to put a turkey in the oven. Plus it tastes great!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, skliss said:

How do you make the stuffing if you fry and smoke? I have fried the last couple of years....so much better than getting up at the  crack of dawn to put a turkey in the oven. Plus it tastes great!

Oh that's easy lol,in the South "stuffing" is almost always refered to as dressing and is almost 90% of the time served on the side...

Stuffing is more of a Northern thing and is starting to change aswell due to risk of food born illness and the almost impossible task of cooking a turkey all the way through,cooking the stuffing,and keeping the turkey moist all at the same time...only old timers could pull that off hahaha

I use a recipe that was my great grandmothers that she got from her mother so it's well over 100 years old,i usually even add shredded chicken to mine...

Just get all of your ingredients together in a large pan,pre-heat oven to 375,and cook for 1 hour...

I only added the word "stuffing" because i've ran into people before who didn't know what "dressing" was lol

You are correct...Fried turkey is AWESOME!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Oh that's easy lol,in the South "stuffing" is almost always refered to as dressing and is almost 90% of the time served on the side...

Stuffing is more of a Northern thing and is starting to change aswell due to risk of food born illness and the almost impossible task of cooking a turkey all the way through,cooking the stuffing,and keeping the turkey moist all at the same time...only old timers could pull that off hahaha

I use a recipe that was my great grandmothers that she got from her mother so it's well over 100 years old,i usually even add shredded chicken to mine...

Just get all of your ingredients together in a large pan,pre-heat oven to 375,and cook for 1 hour...

I only added the word "stuffing" because i've ran into people before who didn't know what "dressing" was lol

I used to "pull it off"...lol I was my mother's helper every year, I can stuff a turkey and oven cook him, no problem. But I really prefer the fryer to getting up in the dark to work to get his butt in the oven.  But you can't stuff him. I need to try your method. Thanks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

*drools*

I want balloons :angry: 

The balloons were there but kept a lot lower than normal. There was one incident with the nutcracker balloon but out of the millions in the parade and along the route, only one person was knocked down.

Good to see they had them. 

• Like 1