Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pterodactyls recently observed in UK

The Eternal Flame

Nov 24, 2019 There are many places on our planet where dinosaurs would still roam while avoiding contact with civilization. In modern times, these survivors confuse as much as they frighten.

While it may seem logical to find unexplored wild expanses of Africa or South America in the confines of the United Kingdom, the United Kingdom is one of the places where witnesses have occasionally seen living dinosaurs.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://activite-paranormale.net/mobile/read/17583&xid=17259,15700022,15700043,15700186,15700191,15700256,15700259,15700262,15700265,15700271,15700283&usg=ALkJrhiYrNxDUmGh3AnKLWkk8XbDJXZr5Q

Edited by The Eternal Flame
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Jonathan Whitcomb is a creationist and the majority of "pterodactyl" encounters he reports have no evidence to corroborate them. There's a good chance that he invented most of them.

In that case wouldn't he say they were demonic in origin?

Maybe one of these?

heron-flight1.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

In that case wouldn't he say they were demonic in origin?

Maybe one of these?

heron-flight1.jpg

No, he thinks that they are living animals and not demons. Herons could explain a lot of the sightings since their feathers can resemble the head crest of Pteranodon, which is what most of the public think of as a "pterodactyl".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Nov 24, 2019 There are many places on our planet where dinosaurs would still roam while avoiding contact with civilization. In modern times, these survivors confuse as much as they frighten.

While it may seem logical to find unexplored wild expanses of Africa or South America in the confines of the United Kingdom, the United Kingdom is one of the places where witnesses have occasionally seen living dinosaurs.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://activite-paranormale.net/mobile/read/17583&xid=17259,15700022,15700043,15700186,15700191,15700256,15700259,15700262,15700265,15700271,15700283&usg=ALkJrhiYrNxDUmGh3AnKLWkk8XbDJXZr5Q

Where are all the game cameras showing these beings?  Where are the multiple photographs and confirmed sightings?

Birdwatchers have gotten lots of photos of very rare birds in England (populations of a few thousand birds)... so where's the pterodactyls?  And more importantly, where are the historical accounts of them?

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blog/2019/04/11-rare-birds-in-britains-woodland/

In order to survive for 60 million years -- and unchanged, like turtles -- there would be lots of fossils that show up after the decline of the non-avian dinosaurs.  There's lots of bird evidence through the ages, therefore there should be pterodactyl evidence.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Nov 24, 2019 There are many places on our planet where dinosaurs would still roam while avoiding contact with civilization. 

Still trying to get beyond this part.

Nearly 8 billion of us, basically nowhere on land left unexplored. Where would these "many" places be...the deep oceans...Antarctica maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

There are no dinosaurs in the UK. The end. 

Oh... umm.. with the possible exception of Jeremy Corbyn, that is. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Jonathan Whitcomb is a creationist and the majority of "pterodactyl" encounters he reports have no evidence to corroborate them. There's a good chance that he invented most of them.

I tink he just liked pterodactyl?

Edited by The Eternal Flame

13 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Where are all the game cameras showing these beings?  Where are the multiple photographs and confirmed sightings?

Birdwatchers have gotten lots of photos of very rare birds in England (populations of a few thousand birds)... so where's the pterodactyls?  And more importantly, where are the historical accounts of them?

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blog/2019/04/11-rare-birds-in-britains-woodland/

In order to survive for 60 million years -- and unchanged, like turtles -- there would be lots of fossils that show up after the decline of the non-avian dinosaurs.  There's lots of bird evidence through the ages, therefore there should be pterodactyl evidence.

Maybe they're portal hopping with bigfoot. I mean...to me...that's the most logical and likely explanation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I get some pretty good jazz cabbage in my neck of the woods, but I really want to know where some of you guys are getting yours.... specifically the OP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, The Eternal Flame said:

I tink he just liked pterodactyl?

Well he is obsessed with the subject of living pterosaurs as he's published numerous books and websites related to it. He's mainly motivated by his creationism because he thinks this would somehow disprove evolution.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Jonathan Whitcomb is the world's leading author of nonfiction books and web pages on living pterosaurs.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Don Caesar said:

Wouldn’t the UK be a little cold for a Pterodactyl?

Recent would be more like it appen in the past 50 years or so...

If you think about the the world through history, species have appeared, dominated and most of the time been replaced when something else better adapted to current conditions comes along.   

It is not just humans, every where you go on this planet, dinosaurs would face competition from other successful animals.  Apparently birds were the more successful reptiles at adapting than pterosaurs.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Jonathan Whitcomb is the world's leading author of nonfiction books and web pages on living pterosaurs.

His books are more fiction than nonfiction.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

His books are more fiction than nonfiction.

He must had made this book to see if it sticks sometime it work sometime not i dont really know its book you must be an expert in some ways so i believe you and thank you for sharing your knowledge with us...

Do you have interresting fact about pterosaur?

On 11/26/2019 at 4:03 PM, The Eternal Flame said:

Here is an interesting fact about pterosaurs:  They are extinct.  This seems to be the most pertinent fact.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 3

On 11/27/2019 at 8:03 AM, The Eternal Flame said:

He must had made this book to see if it sticks sometime it work sometime not i dont really know its book you must be an expert in some ways so i believe you and thank you for sharing your knowledge with us...

The Quetzalcoatlus could very well have glided around the globe for months on end between landings.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 10:28 PM, Don Caesar said:

Wouldn’t the UK be a little cold for a Pterodactyl?

Well from what I know Pterosaurs were probably warm blooded, so....maybe not?

I mean the bigger problem is that they have been extinct for 65 million years.
I read this book on Antarctic Dinosaurs once. The continent was warmer back then, but apparently not by all that much (still snow and stuff) and was getting colder as it was drifting towards it's modern positions, and the warm blooded dinosaurs there managed. Not sure whether there were any pterosaurs living there, though.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Thanks 1