Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is so impossible that Atlantis existed?

Mello_

31 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I forgot about that one. It was before my time, but have heard about it.

By the way the namesake of the ship was an important person in saving the Danish jews during World War II. 

Yeah I came across that wreck decades ago when I was reading everything I could find about the Norse in Greenland. Popped into my head while reading some of the posts here. Now, now I think somehow you were responsible for this - if we dig long and hard enough we can find something to blame you for!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I know you're not my uncle, but by golly that sounds like ol'Pappylemurph. Right time/date/service for it, too.

--Jaylemurph 

Something similar happened to my Uncle in WWII. He had obtained (he was a forward observer in the 2nd Armor at the time) a limited leave after the Bulge battle and had hitched a ride to Paris. To get back he hopped on a French train that was suppose to go to the area behind the site of the battle of Bulge (March 1945) but instead he ended up in Marseilles. Similar circumstances, (drunk probably) non French speaker guy gets on a train falls asleep and.......pow

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Yeah I came across that wreck decades ago when I was reading everything I could find about the Norse in Greenland. Popped into my head while reading some of the posts here. Now, now I think somehow you were responsible for this - if we dig long and hard enough we can find something to blame you for!

It was his idea to put AA guns on a cruise ship. :o

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yeah I was wondering about that - what an oddity. I wonder if that was to deal with Vikings from Qui or bad tempered seals?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

My boss says that 9 out of 10 times its my fault. To be fair he said it in my defence because someone else said that it was allways my fault. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Email from a Danish friend - it was considered a National ship like a USA Coast Guard vessel and was armed to enforce fishing regulations etc.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

My boss says that 9 out of 10 times its my fault. To be fair he said it in my defence because someone else said that it was allways my fault. 

I knew it a trouble maker 'par excellence'!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Email from a Danish friend - it was considered a National ship like a USA Coast Guard vessel and was armed to enforce fishing regulations etc.

Back then we didn't have the kind of patrol ships we have today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetis-class_patrol_vessel and the smaller https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knud_Rasmussen-class_patrol_vessel

Apart from the basic role of patrol vessel, these ships have done a lot of enviromental work in the arctic. I guess the Royal Danish Navy is part of the whole "Global warming hoax". :no:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

"Global warming hoax". :no:

Consider the source of that horse manure. 

Adam’s blood has been shared with most of the human races, but some secured more than others. The mixed races of India and the darker peoples of Africa were not attractive to the Adamites

it is a bough of poop, Adam`s blood is all races.Atlantis was all the races.  

12 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

The Urantia Papers: something so [redacted] even docy doesn’t buy it. 

—Jaylemurph 

sorry do not believe in the Urantia Papers there are no aliens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

The mixed races of India and the darker peoples of Africa were not attractive to the Adamites

Clearly the guy who wrote that Urantia crap has never seen Idris Elba or he'd know how wrong that is.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/24/2019 at 5:29 PM, docyabut2 said:

Adam’s blood has been shared with most of the human races, but some secured more than others. The mixed races of India and the darker peoples of Africa were not attractive to the Adamites

it is a bough of poop, Adam`s blood is all races.Atlantis was all the races.  

That's why it says "poop". Because it is. :lol:

6 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Clearly the guy who wrote that Urantia crap has never seen Idris Elba or he'd know how wrong that is.

:nw:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Its really in finding  the true story of Atlantis.

Which has completely failed thus far. 

cormac

12 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Which has completely failed thus far. 

cormac

I always asked god to find it before I die :):):)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Sorry for later response.

Science is organized knowledge. Science is self correcting tool to better understand world we live in. We learn history to better understand today world we live in. Its process of knowledge. You need to know basics of astrophysics, palaentology, archaeology to dendrology, geology to start with history. Then you need all bunch of helping historical sciences. Such as:
Diplomacy
Paleography
Epigraphy
Heraldics
Numismatics
Egdotics
Vexillology
Cronology
Genealogy
Enviromental history
Then you must know history before and about period you trying to explore and understand.
Each historical document can be study trough Invokation, datation, titles, corboration, actual text, writting style, comparisson etc. Its really hard forensic work.

In Germany as in another Eu countries we call it science. And Im loyal to my school.

• Like 1

History is not determinated only by great men and families. Its determinated also by geography same as economics and ecology. Without ecology we cant understand fall of Khmer, Rapa Nui, Vikings colonies, Mayans and so on. Enviroment and geography impact history more than you will like to think. Not biological differencies among etnos. If you think that biology make us different than we can ask is that racism and so on. To study culture tradition language of people also plays big role in history of certain etnos. Development. How no roads in south America impact their history? They travel with ships and planes.

Same as in physics we have historical laws. Read Ibn Khaldun about it. He is essential for psychology, sociology, economics and history. One law is that civilization to rise got to move from hunters to settlers. To agriculture. To have food production. Only then we have population boom and rise of science. Aborigians remain hunter gatherers because you cant domesticated kangaroo and only one Australian plant is domestocated. They didnt have sheep goat cow and wild wheat. In euroasia we have had cow pigs horse goats and sheeps. We domwaticated dozens of plants. Than again we have Inca who didnt inveted wheel and have lamas and we have Maya who invented writtings and wheel even as toy because they didnt have lamas. Then again when Euroasian domasticated animals and when they invented chariots. Inca would probably developed wheel at same rate as euroasian did. Or at slower rate. Why Ottomans didnt have scientific inventions? Why China didnt be among first peeps who gone trough industrial revolution?

Anyway to not derail this thread. To me its your cultural imperialism over Europe. We learn its science. And to me it is. Lets name things right and real names. Science isnt just experiment. Well thats why experiment have own term. Experiment is experiment. Rose is rose is rose. History also needs ethics methodology professional standards...well thats it about it. In short.

Edited by Mello_

"History is narrative. Science is experinent"

"I agree" 

Like, like, like...

Sitcom. 

In economics we also can do experiments. I failed to understand how economics doesnt fit into category with physics and chemistry.

Hilarious.

Edited by Mello_

History isn’t science, period. 

It is wholly narrative, though, which is just another way to say it isn’t science. Modern science, anyway. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

Just now, jaylemurph said:

History isn’t science, period. 

It is wholly narrative, though, which is just another way to say it isn’t science. Modern science, anyway. 

—Jaylemurph 

By repeating that mantra it wont become truth no matter how much you trying. But its okay with me. I allow different opinions. Let 1000 flowers grows. Diffrent opinions make as rich as collective. 

To me its nothing but Merican cultural imperialism over Eu. Shall not pass.

On 11/27/2019 at 6:47 AM, Captain Risky said:

Some people take things literally and can’t think outside the box. Excellent thread by the way.

Thank you. Point is that "so called sceptics" ( I on purpose called them so called sceptics because they hijacked that term ) failed to adress what is so high tech and impossible, so loony about story of Atlantis. Helike its possible. But Atlantis you know. To me its like some internet folklore to mock peeps who actually try to discuss it. Without any good reason. 

12 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Thank you. Point is that "so called sceptics" ( I on purpose called them so called sceptics because they hijacked that term ) failed to adress what is so high tech and impossible, so loony about story of Atlantis. Helike its possible. But Atlantis you know. To me its like some internet folklore to mock peeps who actually try to discuss it. Without any good reason. 

There are plenty of good reasons and yes they have been discussed here many times. It’s just that some want to ignore the facts in favor of what they want to be true. 

cormac

• Like 2