Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is so impossible that Atlantis existed?

Mello_

On 11/29/2019 at 1:23 PM, ChrLzs said:

Or, carefully choosing tiles and grout that is mould colored...

BTW, before anyone gets the wrong idea 'bout me, I am OCD about my bathroom, which is all white, spotless and always kept that way.  As a teenager I got tinea briefly, and don't want to go there ever again!

...i don't think anyone got the wrong idea about you and your cleaning obsessions. maybe you're just cleaning too much ?

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

I even ordered a horse off eBay, just for the occasion!  Should I send it back?  (What's their returns policy on live animals?  It's still round the neighbours because I'm pretending I'm not in.)

It has to be a Crabbet from the Royal Stud or a strait desert bred from Qatar. 

You'll never keep up if it isn't. 

And it better be well groomed and the mane perfect....the hooves waxed and well picked..........and the lawn freshly mown on your estate, then raked so there is no green legs.............

39571_490837287526_6261330_n.jpg.c1edba6f6af49a3037319157f39019f4.jpg.c2d88038adf48891e009d8b80b457b43.jpg

• Like 8

On 11/30/2019 at 1:43 PM, Piney said:

And it better be well groomed and the mane perfect....the hooves waxed and well picked..........and the lawn freshly mown on your estate, then raked so there is no green legs.............

This is the only grass on my estate...

735a487f-38eb-49f4-8f10-03f4c1359602-2060x1236.jpeg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=845bf14e5074bdf004e13b0b024a52c8

Recent carbon-dating suggests these slums1 were constructed some time around 12 000 BC, so they might even be the original site of Atlantis - before it went on its 2000-year wander around the globe.

1 Croydon.  Yes, the entire town.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/27/2019 at 3:50 PM, Mello_ said:

Ok. I highly disagree as you might expect. But right now I cant answer. So stay tuned.

How about now? 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

How about now? 

It's quite puzzling.  Mello has been back to the forum, and found time to post music videos, yet has not posted anything further on the topic..

Gee, I hope he's OK - maybe the MIB got him?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

It's quite puzzling.  Mello has been back to the forum, and found time to post music videos, yet has not posted anything further on the topic..

Maybe its AoA - Agents of Atlantis. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Maybe its AoA - Agents of Atlantis. 

AIB - Atlantians In Black. :D

cormac

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Probably has to do with someone pretty authoritatively taking down in language “theory” already.

Like Hobbes says, you don’t dunk yourself in steak sauce before you go hunting.

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, Mello_ said:

I mean even is fable why many peeps on this forum oppose idea as it is balsphemy and redicule it idea?

We have numerous analogy to story of Atlantis

-Tantalis same letters as Atlantis 

-Helike sunk in time of Plato could inspire him

-Cyladic culture

Etc.

So why is so imposible that Atlantis existed?

I did read Plato or should I say copies of Plato since we dont have nothing from Plato dude and what does he wrote so crazy about Atlantis?

Usual city as any other. No hi tech. So why are peeps so negative about Atlantis idea anyway?

Well to answer your question as best i can please see below: 

1 - We know for fact that no Island the size Plato gives to Atlantis ever existed in the region Plato said it did 

2 - We know for a fact that Egypt does not mention Atlantis at all in any texts to date (we also know they recorded most of their history) 

3 - We know for a fact that Athens did not exist in the time frame that Plato gives us (not on the scale of the war they had in Plato's writing) 

4 - There is no evidence to support anything about Atlantis at all, only Plato mentions it and you cant prove it existed cause 1 guys said it did.

5 - There is no physical evidence of an event on the scale to sink an island the size of Atlantis in the time period given 

6 - Plato is the only person who mentioned Atlantis (he started the "rumors") 

Now if we disregard the only source of Atlantis (Plato) as far as his time frame, location, size and the armies and war with Athens then there are a few places that could potentially fit as sunken islands and so on. However that would mean the only person to mention Atlantis would be incorrect in all facets of the lost island meaning that the version of Atlantis that sparks so much debate NEVER existed outside of Plato's writing.  

So in a nut shell Plato's Atlantis NEVER existed, however there are many great mysteries around sunken islands, lost cities, civilizations that were destroyed or dropped of the face of the earth and so on, so all in all, there is some good debate to be had but sadly none of it pertains to Atlantis.     

• Like 4

"Why is it so impossible that atlantis existed"

Hmm..... I wonder answer that with

"Why is it so impossible that Mordor existed" ? (Or Narnia, or Westeros)

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 1:59 AM, Tom1200 said:

This is the only grass on my estate...

735a487f-38eb-49f4-8f10-03f4c1359602-2060x1236.jpeg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=845bf14e5074bdf004e13b0b024a52c8

Recent carbon-dating suggests these slums1 were constructed some time around 12 000 BC, so they might even be the original site of Atlantis - before it went on its 2000-year wander around the globe.

1 Croydon.  Yes, the entire town.

The truth is Atlantis was a Spacecraft it came to visit and then it left, that's why it can't be found today, I thought everyone knew that?:alien:

On 11/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, Mello_ said:

I mean even is fable why many peeps on this forum oppose idea as it is balsphemy and redicule it idea?

Usual city as any other. No hi tech. So why are peeps so negative about Atlantis idea anyway?

There are several reasons in my opinion:

scientists and historians have their own version of evolution that everything develops from primitive societies to more developed ones, therefore the developed civilization of Atlantis does not fit into their evolution and would destroy their theory of evolution.

- since Atlantis sank there are no physical artifacts and descriptions of Plato, Edgar Cayce, Blavatsky and others are not evidence

- Atlantis fell because dark magic and cults developed there, the evil deeds of people, therefore such atrocity and all information about this civilization must be forgotten by people. You can find the bright and great part of Atlantis in Egyptian civilization, the rule of the pharaohs and the construction of pyramids that were originally intended for the initiation, transformation and contact of people with the gods.

Atlantis is the first rational urban-type civilization with public institutions, educational institutions, beliefs, developed architecture, peoples of different skin colors so that it has become an involuntary copy for all subsequent civilizations.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Coil said:

But you omitted the most important one.

Atlantis existed only in Plato's imagination.

Therefore, no physical traces of the precise location named and described by Plato will ever be found.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

Therefore, no physical traces of the precise location named and described by Plato will ever be found.

You forget that Plato was actually a Prophet, channelling for the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu. So Atlantis is actually America, and will sink ANY DAY now ! 

Seriously.. there are people on this form who actually believe this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Windowpane said:

...but why should we allow reality and logic to interfere with a good story?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

...but why should we allow reality and logic to interfere with a good story?

Could we be allowed the reality of one bloody month without a Atlantis thread?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Coil said:

scientists and historians have their own version of evolution that everything develops from primitive societies to more developed ones, therefore the developed civilization of Atlantis does not fit into their evolution and would destroy their theory of evolution.

- since Atlantis sank there are no physical artifacts and descriptions of Plato, Edgar Cayce, Blavatsky and others are not evidence

- Atlantis fell because dark magic and cults developed there, the evil deeds of people, therefore such atrocity and all information about this civilization must be forgotten by people. You can find the bright and great part of Atlantis in Egyptian civilization, the rule of the pharaohs and the construction of pyramids that were originally intended for the initiation, transformation and contact of people with the gods.

Atlantis is the first rational urban-type civilization with public institutions, educational institutions, beliefs, developed architecture, peoples of different skin colors so that it has become an involuntary copy for all subsequent civilizations.

Do you actually read what you type before you post?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Do you actually read what you type before you post?

You don't want to get into a conversation with him. He takes "sheer lunacy" to the next level. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

You don't want to get into a conversation with him. He takes "sheer lunacy" to the next level. :yes:

Oh I'm well aware. Its disturbing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

Could we be allowed the reality of one bloody month without a Atlantis thread?  

Perhaps we should petition the PTB to make January 2020 this sub forum an  'Atlantis free zone'. Rupert also notes that that date would be the 39, 282 year since the launch of the first Atlantean ship (just a large row boat really). It was called the Cinatit and made the journey from the ancestral homeland of the not yet Atlanteans to what would become in time the legendary Atlantis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Coil said:

You do not seem to have any idea what evolution is all about. There is no goal in evolution and certainly not a change from simple to complex.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Windowpane said:

From the stories of Plato, we know that the sage Solon brought the legend of Atlantis from Egypt, where he lived for 10 years, and he, in turn, received it from the priest of Egypt. So Plato is not the initial link to information about Atlantis.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You do not seem to have any idea what evolution is all about. There is no goal in evolution and certainly not a change from simple to complex.

Go to the nearest toolbox and grab a 16oz ball peen hammer. Then smack yourself between the eyes with it. 

Because that is what trying to educate Coil is. :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Coil said:
From the stories of Plato, we know that the sage Solon brought the legend of Atlantis from Egypt, where he lived for 10 years, and he, in turn, received it from the priest of Egypt. So Plato is not the initial link to information about Atlantis.

Reveal hidden contents

Plato is the only source. He tells us where he got the story, but there are no records in Egypt or from Solon.  Do you know how many years there are between Solon's death and the birth of Plato?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3