Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Army predicts cyborg soldiers by 2050

UM-Bot

Jeez and Russia to Send Centaur Robots Into Space...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Jeez and Russia to Send Centaur Robots Into Space...

And India to send electricians.

:cry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Contact lenses, a special optogenetic bodysuit capable of restoring and rejuvenating tired muscles, uh, where's the "cyborg" part come in? Did I miss something?

• Like 2

Digital Telepathy is scary. Awesome communication until you're thinking of some **** that your fellow troops are questioning your sanity

On the deluxe version, press the on switch and first thing he’ll say: “Give me your clothes, boots, and motorcycle.”

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, jowasmus said:

Contact lenses, a special optogenetic bodysuit capable of restoring and rejuvenating tired muscles, uh, where's the "cyborg" part come in? Did I miss something?

You missed where they have a radio tied directly into their brain - but yeah, contact lenses and special suits do not a cyborg make.

I want that suit, sounds like a wearable massage chair. Or even better - I could just get a massage chair.

Edited by moonman

18 hours ago, moonman said:

You missed where they have a radio tied directly into their brain

My bad. I just thought that was part of the suit, but I was expecting cybernetic limbs or something crazy like that. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the speed of development of the devices made by e.g. Boston Dynamics over the past few years, I think it will happen much much earlier than 2050.

• Like 1

So when does the Defense Department reveal its CRISPR genetic modifications?  They are bound to be looking into some super-warrior genetic enhancement package.  I think they are working on it but will not reveal anything, its too controversial.   Care to place a wager that there are some super warrior fetuses already in development?

Skynet?