Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why call him a God?

Mello_

All good. But story about apostoles is interesting. And they also done miracles in the name of Jesus. And decided to die for Jesus. After Golgota. So what make them changed their minds that they all decided to continue Jesus job even it was death wish? Bible say that they waited 50 days for Holy Ghost. Also they met Jesus. So its quite interesting.

Edited by Mello_

2 hours ago, Mello_ said:

What interesting in the Bible which I read two times is following:

That God banned Adam and Eve not for eating from tree of knowledge but because they are smart now and could eat from tree of immortality. Thats interesting. Like he want that we expirience death becuase its process which he established. 

That's my whole point. Even that Catholic church accepted the overwhelming evidence behind evolution.

Never happened. So what's Easter all about again?

11 hours ago, Mello_ said:

Bible.

The man written book. 

Who was the 1st man to write in the bible that god was a "he" ?  

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

The man written book. 

You gotta admit. @joc has a point ..........   :unsure2:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You gotta admit. @joc has a point ..........   :unsure2:

Yes.

Why would a chick create a man and then create another chick to be his helpmate?

This may be a touch controversial,  but what happens in the world of religious homosexuality?   I mean where does the helpmate come into it and we have to remove ivf as that is man made technology?  

Do not get me wrong,  ofcourse gay people can believe in a god,  but why choice a religion which starts off with a man and woman?  Where do they thing humans are heading? 

Just asking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Yes.

This may be a touch controversial,  but what happens in the world of religious homosexuality?   I mean where does the helpmate come into it and we have to remove ivf as that is man made technology?  

Do not get me wrong,  ofcourse gay people can believe in a god,  but why choice a religion which starts off with a man and woman?  Where do they thing humans are heading? 

Just asking.

I've wondered the same. I am all for choice, it just seems like it's taking the p*** a bit to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That's my whole point. Even that Catholic church accepted the overwhelming evidence behind evolution.

Never happened. So what's Easter all about again?

They accepted now. Thnx to Jesuits aka Schoolmasters of Europe. Without that order church would be long gone. They introduced big bang to the world. They built 800 schools soon after establishment. They have breathing exercise something like Yoga. They raised bunch of European philosphers and scientists. They were banned by church. Then again established. Hitler hated them so much that he gave order to kill on sight them. During church history there is no order organization peeps whatever which came in conflict with Vatican than Jesuits did. Now they pushing lgbt to Vatican. And so on. They saved bunch of native americans. I simply love this order. 

You must say its quite achivement condsidering it was based relativly recent in the basement of the most beautifull church in the world by three ordinary peeps. One of them General. So they sadle horses and rode to the Rome. And simply ask Pope errr  .can we establish order? And pope said Yes.

Edited by Mello_

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

The man written book. 

It can be translated as we. In genesis god talk to himself as we. Look just for example quote I put here in this thread. It goes something like: They will be smart as we! Who are we anyway?

4 hours ago, Mello_ said:

God was so good that he forgive them but affraid that they would become immortal.

Forgiving someone usually implies you don't continue to blame or seek revenge.  God punished all humans, how is that forgiveness?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rlyeh said:

God punished all humans

Not God, Yahweh.

For a long time there's been a lot of fake news out there.

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

Forgiving someone usually implies you don't continue to blame or seek revenge.  God punished all humans, how is that forgiveness?

As I read Bible he wasnt make revengenon them. He banned them because they are too smart now and could become immortal like quote "us."

Just now, XenoFish said:

I normally would tear a thread like this to shreds, but I don't feel the urge to argue over fairy tales. 

Nice. I was so affraid that you will show up.

• Haha 3

Just now, Mello_ said:

As I read Bible he wasnt make revengenon them. He banned them because they are too smart now and could become immortal like quote "us."

Not only did he ban them, he increased their suffering and demands death as repayment, this is why God in the OT was so big on sacrifices.  Hardly forgiveness.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Not only did he ban them, he increased their suffering and demands death as repayment, this is why God in the OT was so big on sacrifices.  Hardly forgiveness.

Yes seems that death was his plan according to bible so that we dont become immortal. Because we are smart and if we become immortal we would be like them. Maybe death is process. If you dont die you dont go anywhere. You are on earth. 

Now imagine that peeps dont die. We are already overpopulated. Maybe he wants that we are born and die to make space for new humans new souls. Which are btw smarter and smarter. 

Anyway who wants to live forever? 

Edited by Mello_
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Not God, Yahweh.

God Yahweh El...same. Isnt?

10 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Yes seems that death was his plan according to bible so that we dont become immortal. Because we are smart and if we become immortal we would be like them. Maybe death is process. If you dont die you dont go anywhere. You are on earth. 

Now imagine that peeps dont die. We are already overpopulated. Maybe he wants that we are born and die to make space for new humans new souls. Which are btw smarter and smarter. 

None of this changes that God held all Adam and Eve's descendants accountable.  The complete opposite of forgiveness. 

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Not God, Yahweh.

God in the Abrahamic religions.  All gods are "fake news".

• Like 1

Also we can ask this question:

Does Chriatians glorify life after death - not living here and now, not glorifing this life?

Like they are in some trance. Btw I belive that those Budhists Nirvana Zen and stuff are nothing than exuse for laziness.

I mean how Nirvana person could be usefull for civilization, community? To sit all day under the tree and go um. Now compare that person with 19 century english man. Or today common Germans, Full of enthusiasm and energy. Nirvana ride Yak but German produce Mercedes.

Edited by Mello_

Christians believe the world is fallen and ruled by Satan.  Depending on the denomination, they believe they will die and go to heaven, or be resurrected and live in the new world free of sin.

Edited by Rlyeh

5 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

None of this changes that God held all Adam and Eve's decedents accountable.  The complete opposite of forgiveness. 

Well I think that Bible and Church usually send message that not all our crosses comes from God. But from Belzebub or our own sins. He is saviour. If you believe in Jesus and follow his path you will have good life and after death. But if you dont, and remember you have free will to choose, you will bear cross of own sins and you will make room that Belzebub takes your soul.

Because in Christhianity there is no -good and evil. You have good force and less good force. No evil. In gnosticism is good god bad god. This world is ruled by bad and other by good. In Christhianity evil dudes simply lost goodness which is default position.

15 hours ago, OverSword said:

Perhaps God, good and evil are not what Epicurus supposes they may be and he should stop whining and blaming the Universe for being the Universe.

And if God exists, who created the Universe?  If we buy a new car and it breaks down all the time we don't blame the car, we logically blame who created/manufactured it.  

Epicurus' quote works no matter what good and evil specifically are, unless we take the position there is no evil here at all which is counter to what the Bible teaches.  If there is evil here, no matter what specifically counts as evil, then Epicurus' observation is valid concerning God's relationship to it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Christians believe the world is fallen and ruled by Satan.  Depending on the denomination, they believe they will die and go to heaven or be resurrected and live in the new world free of sin.

No thats Gnosticism which is highly interesting.

• Like 1

Just now, Mello_ said:

Well I think that Bible and Church usually send message that not all our crosses comes from God.

Crosses?  What?

Just now, Mello_ said:

But from Belzebub or our own sins. He is saviour. If you believe in Jesus and follow his path you will have good life and after death. But if you dont, and remember you have free will to choose, you will bear cross of own sins and you will make room that Belzebub takes your soul.

Because in Christhianity there is no -good and evil. You have good force and less good force. No evil. In gnosticism is good god bad god. This world is ruled by bad and other by good. In Christhianity evil dudes simply lost goodness which is default position.

As a Christian I never held these beliefs, in fact the Bible states evil exists and humans are inherently wicked.

• Like 1